Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

guys, you all need a volvo in your lives, it makes winter FUN!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

but it's 70F outside right now...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

or any rear wheel drive old car really. 

Still.. Can't wait for the 740.. God i'm bored at the moment :/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

or any rear wheel drive old car really. 

Still.. Can't wait for the 740.. God i'm bored at the moment :/

have you bougth a car?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

but it's 70F outside right now...

but volvo...

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

have you bougth a car?

Nope. Still driving the golf.. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Nope. Still driving the golf.. 

oh, i feel sorry for you. (can you feel the plasticy and boring soulless car slowly just drain your soul away when you are driving?)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

oh, i feel sorry for you. (can you feel the plasticy and boring soulless car slowly just drain your soul away when you are driving?)

It doesn't feel too plasticy. But low power + heavy front wheel drive car. Ergh..

RACECARRRRRRRRS.

And damn the TRG-AMR guys always give their photo man the best job... no better way to experience the Daytona Tri-Oval + infield course than in the back of a mini van, leaned over with the tailgate open with a V12 Vantage GT3 idling behind. IIRC, the driver of the van is flogging it pretty hard.

Super glad that they've confirmed a full season in GTD this year, as they were on the fence about coming back at the end of 2015. Shame they lost both Nielsen (who signed on with Ferrari) and Wittmer (who moved to BMW), arguably one of the best pairings in the field.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

RACECARRRRRRRRS.

And damn the TRG-AMR guys always give their photo man the best job... no better way to experience the Daytona Tri-Oval + infield course than in the back of a mini van, leaned over with the tailgate open with a V12 Vantage GT3 idling behind. IIRC, the driver of the van is flogging it pretty hard.

Super glad that they've confirmed a full season in GTD this year, as they were on the fence about coming back at the end of 2015. Shame they lost both Nielsen (who signed on with Ferrari) and Wittmer (who moved to BMW), arguably one of the best pairings in the field.

prius RACECARRRRRRRR! 

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

I dont understand, you can order directly from the factory right now for MSRP...

So dealerships are being allocated a certain number of Focus RSes to order, For example, the Ford dealer I bought my FiST at is getting 4. So since they are only getting a limited number, they are selling them for $5,000 over MSRP and requiring a $2,000 non-refundable deposit to order them how you like.

Edit:

I actually wouldn't mind paying the premium, but I think paying off some of my student loans first might be a good idea before taking on a more expensive car payment. Only paying $300 per month for the FiST ($250 minimum), and that's reasonable enough for me to live comfortably and still enjoy my other hobbies/toys as well.

prius RACECARRRRRRRR! 

The prius is meh. The CRZ (rear mounted V6 hybrid in Super GT spec) was much more interesting to follow for a while, and did surprisingly well in GT300 for something that wasn't based on a mother chassis. Same goes for the BR-Z.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

here my tool box dont mind the mess

post-116840-0-05047100-1452894936_thumb.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

So dealerships are being allocated a certain number of Focus RSes to order, For example, the Ford dealer I bought my FiST at is getting 4. So since they are only getting a limited number, they are selling them for $5,000 over MSRP and requiring a $2,000 non-refundable deposit to order them how you like.

Edit:

I actually wouldn't mind paying the premium, but I think paying off some of my student loans first might be a good idea before taking on a more expensive car payment. Only paying $300 per month for the FiST ($250 minimum), and that's reasonable enough for me to live comfortably and still enjoy my other hobbies/toys as well.

That is very different from what is going on at my local ford dealer...

This is not a limited run car, there is a limited number that will be produced per year, but there is currently no cap. My dealer told me if I wanted one they would spec it out with me and toss in the order, but you will pay MSRP. Or I could wait and there will likely be one or two on the dealer lot throughout the year. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

When I finally get my first bike I want it to be a Grom 125 :P

I want to get a Grom too. I'd look so odd because I'm 6'5"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Guess I'm heading west. Goodbye Midwest.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Have any of you guys ever watched the movie Gran Torino?

If I'm ever lucky enough to get one I want mine to look just like that one

MK7uXJa.jpg

Should come to the Valley in Oregon. No stalt and little snow. Could start a minitruck gang.

Mini truck and LAN party gang

-snip-

(i would post some footage of me drifting my racing lawnmower last winter but i have lost the videos...)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

I'd be so down

EDIT: you'd make me look short. If you're 6"5' how'd you fit in the s10  :blink:

I had a good bit of headroom, legroom, can't say the same

I'm just over 6" and on a bad day my hair will tickle the headliner, and with my seat as far back as it'll go and i'll almost be out of legroom. I feel like you fold yourself up into a box every time you get in a car and just have someone set you on the seat.

Maybe the 3rd gens were just more roomy?

Because I was pretty comfortable in it

2017.jpg

Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.

2017 Torino

.. Edit..

Turns out that it might not be a thing.. Should've known better than to trust facebook..

That looks like a horrible mashup of all of the current muscle cars imo...

System: Thinkpad T460

I dunno. That's so strange. Maybe. Where'd you keep the steering wheel when you totally didn't drive it?  ;)

That baby was stock AF.

But when I drove it I was totally comfortable.