Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Whose still watching? 

Really impressed with Black Falcon, though it's to be expected from one of the top global MB-AMG teams. Their 2015 Dubai 24H winning car is running 3rd, and was transformed within hours from static display model to fully race-prepped as the primary car had suffered from a catastrophic fire in FP2.

post-38116-0-38213100-1452902695_thumb.j

post-38116-0-32222000-1452902696_thumb.j

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just came back from watching Episode VII just now. Garages that's kept above freezing temperature sure is nice sometimes...

dem anime kiddos better be scared... because the freight train car is coming

xD

Kidding of course. They post way more than us. Glad im not interested in anime because I would never get anything done...

They go off-topic way more than we do, though. Just checked the last two pages and barely anything of it was anime-related.  :ph34r:

Hello all, 1st post. If I could own any car I wanted, it'd be this one:

chrysler-00005-2_zpsz8bqn8vh.jpg

1948 Chrysler Town & Country.

BTW- The 'Man Cave' picture at the top is sooo cool. I'd like to use that as wallpaper, but it won't allow me to save the image. Now I'm going to scrounge the 'net for that pic.

I can't stand double din dash head units. Single din looks much better and the buttons really aren't that hard to hit

The 70 model is just right^^ 

i don't think single din systems look good at all, especially compared to double din. it just protrudes and just messes with the flow. and besides it looks especially ugly in places, like where a double din system could fit in there nicely.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hello all, 1st post. If I could own any car I wanted, it'd be this one:

1948 Chrysler Town & Country.

BTW- The 'Man Cave' picture at the top is sooo cool. I'd like to use that as wallpaper, but it won't allow me to save the image. Now I'm going to scrounge the 'net for that pic.

i think you and @Maybach123 would be amazing friends.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I just don't want a screen that takes 57 buttons to press to get through 4 layers of nested menues to get it to turn off at night

but single din systems are so ugly i can't stand it. and in my bmw, i would never use a single din system. and even in my protege, i wouldn't get one, i'd still find an affordable double din system.

Well, you're supposed to look at the road, not the radio, and at night, the screen playes hell on your eyes. If you're looking for hellaflush decks in your dash, keep the stock head unit.

but i need the modern features like carplay, bluetooth, and maybe up to date navigation, features that didn't exist in 2003. it's just not suited to my needs. maybe i'll keep the stock head unit until i got enough money. 

Actually that's a good question for everyone. Where does everyone like their wheel? I've got mine one stop from all the way down.

Almost all the way up but a little lower. (Mine is linear)

I'm 6ft. Sit far back enough for my arms to be on top the wheel but slightly bent. Seat slightly reclined but not too much because I can literally sleep anywhere lol.

So yeah. Basically slightly modified "racing position" 24/7 with sole purpose of keeping me awake on the long journeys that I always have to take every week at least once xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

hre are some pics of the 1/24 watanabes im using: 

attachicon.gifwatanabe box.jpg

attachicon.gif1 24 felger.jpg

(progress pics wil come once im actually making progress)

EDIT: i just scored a 1/25 gasser engine on ebay so yea.. there will be copper gasser intake pipes sticking yout of the hood on the 1/24 nissan.

(also, sorry for posting model car stuff but it is the most interesting carish thing happening at the moment)

initial D wheels. Mint.

Why not just get a ProClip and run an aux cable to the RCA ports on the back of the stock radio if its got some aux inputs?

pretty sure it didn't have aux inputs in mind.

actually, there might be some usb ports on the back, could run an iphone cable back to them and out from under the dash, get the dash phone mount, and keep it clean.

attachicon.gifm5 rear.jpg

EDIT: Never mind, thats the back of some dumb knock off unit. 

yeah, thought so. i doubt usb was very big back then, neither was aux input for a car, even a luxury car like a bmw.

Most of them have an input on the rear of the stock deck. You just gotta take it out, plug a cord into it, then run it out under the dash, and you're good to go, especially from that era. Your car do what you will though. I'd really reccomend a proclip anyway though, they're fantastic and I wish they had one for my s10 that was in a good spot. The one in my gma's 4runner, both of the volvos, and one of our accords are a fucking godsend to those people.

meh, i never liked the stock head unit much anyway. i'll just replace it with something that can fit my needs, maybe i'll try to find one under 1 grand, since the pioneer one i want is 1099.99 before taxes.

@terrytek so from some more intensive googling, there's a socket on the rear of the factory decks with nav, thats an aux socket, and you need this kit to put a jack for your aux cable for your headphone jack. http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pn.aspx?sku=14117402-BM-65120153502&vehicle=2003%20BMW%20M5%20E39&brand=Genuine%20BMW&utm_source=google&utm_medium=nonpaid&utm_campaign=froogleSKU_Mercedes&gclid=CjwKEAiAzuK0BRCW4tiLpJT-8TISJADV8cw9gVtRIv0tX0uWs8IVbhO3bRU76T1IBqV2c1XWaHdMIxoC6Izw_wcB

but honestly i'm not crazy for buttons. i'd rather have a clean stereo. so i'm still going the double din route with an adapter. the stock one just isn't my taste. but maybe i'll get that and use that for the time being while i save for a new one.

2 Cars i am very excited for in 2016:

Twin Turbo Ford Mondeo

2016 Ford Focus RS

ford-focus_rs_2016_front-angle-970x546-c

^ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)^

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

2 Cars i am very excited for in 2016:

Twin Turbo Ford Mondeo

2016 Ford Focus RS

ford-focus_rs_2016_front-angle-970x546-c

^ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)^

mondeo? as in ford fusion? that car is boring as hell.

but single din systems are so ugly i can't stand it. and in my bmw, i would never use a single din system. and even in my protege, i wouldn't get one, i'd still find an affordable double din system.

I prefer single din units. Looks much cleaner

I've actually got the one out of the S10 sitting in my closet, for my first car I buy. Also have the stock one from my friend AJ's old Camry

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Should put the camery one in whatever you wind up getting just because.

I might if I can get it to work. The S10 one is pretty nice, has a USB port also which is nice

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Definitely going to be putting a TPMS in whatever I pick up. Like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015QTPIOC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?

Hell if they're both single din put both of them in. xD

Camry one is double din sadly.

CrisFix?

Yep :D

It's a good product, but I'll never be having one of those if I can avoid it.

I got used to the one in our Impala, it's quite nice for roadtrips.

This thing is crazy cool.

To me anyway. Could never daily something like this

You'll know if the pressure gets low. Usually noticed by a POW tumptumptumptump

That's how you know it's too low

#hellaflush

It's ALMOST mad maxish. Almost. It's the stance nation version of mad max.

True!

I'd love to build a troll car like this some day. For the giggles

I prefer single din units. Looks much cleaner

I've actually got the one out of the S10 sitting in my closet, for my first car I buy. Also have the stock one from my friend AJ's old Camry

i never liked single dash units. they just look really cheap and tacky. double din systems are more convenient and offer a lot for the money actually.