Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

You know, they should put a diesel turbo in it and stacks out the bed. :lol:

I'd prefer if that was a muscle truck mk2. With the original being kept the way it is.

But something like an old dodge lil' red express with a big ass cummins shoved in it and a massive turbocharger would be absolutely amazing.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'd prefer if that was a muscle truck mk2. With the original being kept the way it is.

But something like an old dodge lil' red express with a big ass cummins shoved in it and a massive turbocharger would be absolutely amazing.

It's gotta have some stacks though, just to piss the haters off. :lol:

Screen-Shot-2014-07-10-at-10.26.14-AM.pn

It's gotta have some stacks though, just to piss the haters off. :lol:

--snip--

These are nice too tough. Add some rattly rain covers and they are perfect

71930_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Reason I'm asking is if it's worth the money from a mechanical  stand-point. That's why this comes up from me. Yeah I know how a lot of these cars perform. But I don't know much about them mechanically

I'm of course going to go with what I want. But if it has mechanical flaws to the point that I'm better going with something else I'll look at that other option.

If I were you i would get a 240/180sx without an engine and transmission (if u want one), then buy a car with an engine that fits, but has been owned by some old geezer and has never gone over 40mph. Swap the engine in and you have a basically new car. All up you might pay a bit more than a whole car, but if its your daily, its worth it. 

Idk how comfortably you are with putting in engines though. xD One of my mates is doin it atm, and he's never worked on a car before, so it isnt that hard.

I watched it too and yea I know but how many times will she need it might as well teach her. Every person should know it Justin case

Its actually a dying art it seems. One of my parents goes to work in a place where they use fleet cars, and one is a manual. They are literally the only person in the work place (100 people) who can drive it. In Australia though, we have auto licences, which don't permit u to drive a manual.

People make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. It takes a while to get smooth but it doesn't take long at all to get capable.

It is just a useful skill to have, plus cars with manual transmissions are often cheaper, so it can save you a bit of money. 

And way more fun, lets not forget.

OK, but still, you should never give a shitty driver a good car like this. Now this perfectly good car was just wasted.

Accidents happen. There was a wrecked f40 on fast n loud (which gmg sort of ruined) and its not like an owner of one of them would be a terrible driver...or young.

OH MY GOD. I NEED IT

Jesus christ, imagine the powerband on that car.

Dual compound turbo I think. 2 complex 4 me.

This guy explains it in aussie bogan terms lol.

muscle truck goodness

Id buy that shit in a heartbeat....if someone ships it to aus for me.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

These are nice too tough. Add some rattly rain covers and they are perfect

Purrrrrrfect. Not feral at all.

post-42897-0-37781800-1436574318.jpg

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Dual compound turbo I think. 2 complex 4 me.

This guy explains it in aussie bogan terms lol.

Id buy that shit in a heartbeat....if someone ships it to aus for me.

I want to build a twin turbo + supercharger setup someday.. Going to be a hassle

Imagine if he put the muscle truck up on ebay. The bidding war would probably be insane O.o

Purrrrrrfect. Not feral at all.

attachicon.gifFeral-Steve-Billy-77-Cruiser-Tamworth1.jpg

I am not surprised in the least that that is australian xD

I want to build a twin turbo + supercharger setup someday.. Going to be a hassle

Imagine if he put the muscle truck up on ebay. The bidding war would probably be insane O.o

I am not surprised in the least that that is australian xD

Yeah, thats the only problem. It will probably go for more than its worth.

swapped the valve cover gasket on my corolla. First time i've seen the head on this engine. Thought i'd upload a pic just to be sure there isn't anything obviously worrying.. I was just glad to see no significant sludge lol

post-15957-0-42639600-1436575624_thumb.j

But other than that valve cover gasket is all done! no more oil leaking down the engine lol

edit: and yes I see that screw missing on the exhaust manifold heat shield. It doesn't rattle so... who cares? xD I have no idea where it went or if thats from a previous owner

post-15957-0-42639600-1436575624_thumb.j

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So, looks can deceive. I found this what i thought was nice EVO X on Craigslist. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5111497443.html

From the back it looked nice.

00w0w_28ccmbCgnLI_600x450.jpg

UNTIL i saw the front end of the car.

00z0z_3gfu2YrXb97_600x450.jpg

Looks like a car hit it smack dab on the drivers side. IT was tempting for 12,500 but seeing an Evo that low, there's a catch.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

you should buy mine :D

I'm kinda itching to upgrade to an Evo

Oh you're sorta near me. I just bought a car, otherwise I would be interested lol.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

you're the guy that ran the cambered tires for a while right?

I sold that Evo, still keep in touch with the guy...  Ended up getting a '14 Mustang GT, which I'm trying to sell now...

The X is too heavy and as a result to expensive to track for me.  If I do manage to upgrade to an Evo for a track car it'll be an VIII.  I got the RSX mostly cause I got it really cheap from my sister's coworker, and its cheap to track...

Do you track your car or only autox?

haha, its old and dinged up now...

lol yeah......talk about flashback!

Img_1647.jpg

blew the motor at TX2K13 (don't worry Exyia, you won't drive fast enough on your first track event - autox doesn't count! - proved them wrong)

got it back recently, now it's doing this: (dotted line is my baseline)

dynovsstock-page-001_zps3wkxz2wn.jpg

bout to head back out within the next few weeks

So, looks can deceive. I found this what i thought was nice EVO X on Craigslist. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5111497443.html

From the back it looked nice.

00w0w_28ccmbCgnLI_600x450.jpg

UNTIL i saw the front end of the car.

00z0z_3gfu2YrXb97_600x450.jpg

Looks like a car hit it smack dab on the drivers side. IT was tempting for 12,500 but seeing an Evo that low, there's a catch.

(assuming there's no frame damage, doesn't seem like it) that's really not that bad. motor still looks perfectly fine, and he'd probably take less than 12.5k for it just to get rid of it. most of the damaged parts are common upgrades anyway. you would spend ~4k-ish just to get a new oem longblock anyway, paying a little over twice that for a whole car is not a bad deal

I swear the 2015 Corolla has the most blinding low beams ever. They are pure white LED's or whatever. Feel like it's blinding everyone else on the streets.

System: Thinkpad T460

lol yeah......talk about flashback!

Img_1647.jpg

blew the motor at TX2K13 (don't worry Exyia, you won't drive fast enough on your first track event - autox doesn't count! - proved them wrong)

got it back recently, now it's doing this: (dotted line is my baseline)

dynovsstock-page-001_zps3wkxz2wn.jpg

bout to head back out within the next few weeks

I don't go to evoxforums much anymore, but I check out the other cars section on evom pretty regularly... Sometimes the for sale section to torture myself with what coulda been if I didn't buy the RSX...

Haha, yeah, autox'rs usually do pretty good within the first few times on the track... We're used to pushing the car to the limits on corners. Doesn't always go the other way around though (track drivers to autox). I gotta be honest though, I enjoy track driving a lot more than autox, not to mention waaaay more seat time. Sucks that you blew your engine though... How bad was it? Do you know what happened exactly?

Damn... That's a lot of power! That's the tune you're gonna run at the track?

Part of the reason I got the RSX is cause it's slow... My theory is I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. My biggest weakness is braking coming off a high speed section / straight, I tend to go in too slow, braking too early, coasting, etc compared to more veteran drivers. I feel with that much power this whole thing would be even worse...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Oh you're sorta near me. I just bought a car, otherwise I would be interested lol.

Kinda what I was getting at... :D So which car did you buy?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I swear the 2015 Corolla has the most blinding low beams ever. They are pure white LED's or whatever. Feel like it's blinding everyone else on the streets.

Flagstaff%20Trip%200.jpg

"Rawr XD"

I should be more active on the mazdaspeed forums....

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've been really active on the miata forums because I thought I'm getting one might as well and I'm probably n9t getting one.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

I don't go to evoxforums much anymore, but I check out the other cars section on evom pretty regularly... Sometimes the for sale section to torture myself with what coulda been if I didn't buy the RSX...

Haha, yeah, autox'rs usually do pretty good within the first few times on the track... We're used to pushing the car to the limits on corners. Doesn't always go the other way around though (track drivers to autox). I gotta be honest though, I enjoy track driving a lot more than autox, not to mention waaaay more seat time. Sucks that you blew your engine though... How bad was it? Do you know what happened exactly?

Damn... That's a lot of power! That's the tune you're gonna run at the track?

Part of the reason I got the RSX is cause it's slow... My theory is I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. My biggest weakness is braking coming off a high speed section / straight, I tend to go in too slow, braking too early, coasting, etc compared to more veteran drivers. I feel with that much power this whole thing would be even worse...

just fuel surged it from going too fast in the corners...and I'm too competitive of a person to "dial it back". I was already out there, I'm going to push it as far as I can

I was surprised at a few things I was way better at than the track drivers there - some wider sweepers that require further trajectory people kept missing, but it was no different from looking out to a distant cone for me. felt natural to me yet everyone kept discussing how hard those corners were /shrug

all in all, can't wait to get back out there. will still do some autox just because it's so cheap and frequent, but definitely focusing on NASA TT >=)

btw, evoxforums blew up when Kooldino royally screwed up Rik84's build lol. we're all on boostedforum.com now. we don't lock or nuke threads, all completely honest and unfiltered (already had some good reading material in there that would have been locked by the second page on other forums). should kill some time there next time you're bored at work =)

IT'S THE WEEEEEEKEEEEEEEEEEND! Have some racecars! It's the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix at my home track this weekend, and practice day started off with a bang. One of the CTPL cars went off the track and dropped water and oil onto the track, spinning 12 other cars before red flagging the session. Every session afterwards had at least one big off including one SCCA Pro MX5, the Gulf Camaro, and one of RLL's Z4 GT3s. Leaving for Qualy in a bit.

(call me crazy, but this CTPL livery looks like the SRT Tomahawk. There's another that is reminiscent of the old Lotus F1 cars. Could just be the choice of colours)

11411889_10153344515266815_6792297921801

10830666_10153344515676815_2312849152728

The new GT350R-Cs are pretty badass too, though nowhere near as loud as the C7.Rs nor the Camaros.

11713724_10153344518431815_5641350760165

TE37SLs!!

11114019_10153344518391815_2847748978012

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Does anyone by chance know how big of a gas tank the 2009 Chevy Impala LT has?  I can't seem to find that info anywhere

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Does anyone by chance know how big of a gas tank the 2009 Chevy Impala LT has?  I can't seem to find that info anywhere

17 or 17.5 Gallons depending on the engine.

Skip to page 5-102

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2009_chevrolet_impala_owners.pdf

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Sweet! Thanks. We're taking the car to Chicago, then St. Joseph, then back to Niles today. So I want to fill the car but I couldn't remember for the life of me how big the tank is.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Kinda what I was getting at... :D So which car did you buy?

2010 mazda 3. Might be doing motor mounts soon though. Not even 100k and they already bounce and vibrate. They're the same mounts out of a ford focus and they're known for being junk. Maybe my next daily driver I'll put more effort into buying something without ford junk. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max