Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

-sniperino-

It's a gorgeous car, but like I said. Auto. Only sports car I can think of I'd be happy with is a 240SX. Their automatic transmissions were great for those cars. I'd rather have a manual, but if I can only find an automatic that's in good shape that's what I'll go at.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I feel as if the Prelude would have had more success if it was under the Acura brand like the Integra was. Do you guys think so?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Pop-up headlights have always seemed to be a hit or miss thing among car guys. How do you guys like pop-up headlights? I think they look amazing personally:

VK3TJAz.jpg

Zo0mQ3m.jpg

I feel as if the Prelude would have had more success if it was under the Acura brand like the Integra was. Do you guys think so?

Maybe? Both were sold as Hondas on this side of the globe. The Prelude still didn't sell as well (though smaller cars generally sell better outside of North America and the Middle East).

Maybe? Both were sold as Hondas on this side of the globe. The Prelude still didn't sell as well (though smaller cars generally sell better outside of North America and the Middle East).

In my area the Integra did very well. But the Prelude. Not so well.

For example. I have seen hundreds of Integras in my area. I may have seen 10 Preludes in my life. Only 3 or 4 in my area

In my area the Integra did very well. But the Prelude. Not so well.

For example. I have seen hundreds of Integras in my area. I may have seen 10 Preludes in my life. Only 3 or 4 in my area

The earlier Preludes were quite common in the early to mid 90s. Most of them had been scrapped by now though.

The earlier Preludes were quite common in the early to mid 90s. Most of them had been scrapped by now though.

I've seen 2 5th Gen Preludes on the roads here, both were owned by friends of mine, saw a 4th Gen in a drive way, and a 5th gen at a local junkyard. Kinda sad.

Edit: Photo of the Preludes owned by friends. Red one is still owned by a friend. The blue one was sold for a boosted Integra:

MWE7CcP.jpg

spongebob-squarepants-squidward-angry-80

I'm gonna take that as a not at all.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Probably one of the nicest looking E39s on Craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5106083959.html

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i feel like i'm the only one who would gladly take a japanese truck over an american truck.

I prefer small trucks the ones that are no bigger than a compact car

i feel like i shouldn't be in this community if i can't express my love for stanced cars. every time i mention stanced cars, everybody bashes me. i don't feel loved

We still love you

Anyone know where I can find a 03-04 Cobra IRS kit or specs for creation?

Well the suspension is there to soak up the road bumps so the car is stable. Most stanced cars don't exactly do that well. It's obviously possible to do it, most people just cheap out on how they do it and just slam cars and add camber without thinking about what they're doing. Stancing itself isn't "bad," it's how it's most commonly done that is.

Dude I like Mustangs and trucks in a community that's mostly European or Japanese in taste. xD

I've read somewhere that it'll require a lot of fabricating or welding.

Toyota tax, really. They are solid platforms. I have no doubts about their engines. Transmissions while hauling I've heard some mixed things. Overheating and hunting gears. I just assume Tundras are mall crawlers.

They are really big in sales for South America or it might have been Africa. But yea that's why Tacoma 's don't drop in value

Pretty sure that you guys never got the 320 E46. Which is sad, because it has a decent amount of power (170hp), and it's one of the entry-model's for BMW that came with the I6 engine.

We had the 323

I think the 325i was the base model for us. Still had that straight 6.

I'm really leaning towards teh 240SX. It's a good, cheap car, and I can take it sideways stock. Because RWD. Yeah it's slower than the Prelude, but it's a lot more fun also IMO

Finding a clean and stock for a decent price is the issue

JayZTwoCents talking about his 350Z: "It's not a fast car, it was 11 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it can get up and go though"

Looks into 2004 350Z: 0-60:5.2 Seconds.

I dunno. That's extremely fast.

Why must he get an auto

Jay drives a 350Z?

attachicon.gifi-m-out-stewie.jpg

Yep yep

It probably didn't sell because of the celica which both cars would have sold more if rwd.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Why must he get an auto

It probably didn't sell because of the celica which both cars would have sold more if rwd.

He got an auto because it still has tiptronic, but his wife can still drive it, as his wife doesn't know how to drive standard.

I always wished it was either RWD or AWD

He got an auto because it still has tiptronic, but his wife can still drive it, as his wife doesn't know how to drive standard.

I always wished it was either RWD or AWD

I know that but it just doesn't feel like a great reason

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

He needed something his wife could drive in case she needed the car for some reason.

Going off what he said on the last TechTalk anyway

It is really not that hard to learn to drive a manual transmission. I have taught 3 of my ex-GFs how, and I am not a great teacher lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

He needed something his wife could drive in case she needed the car for some reason.

Going off what he said on the last TechTalk anyway

I watched it too and yea I know but how many times will she need it might as well teach her. Every person should know it Justin case

I watched it too and yea I know but how many times will she need it might as well teach her. Every person should know it Justin case

I'm assuming because how rarely she'll need to drive it there's no real reason for her to need to know how to drive standard

It is really not that hard to learn to drive a manual transmission. I have taught 3 of my ex-GFs how, and I am not a great teacher lol.

When i get my permit, the first thing i need to do is get driving manual out of the way. That way, it's just as simple to drive an auto and then i would be able to drive anything.

When i get my permit, the first thing i need to do is get driving manual out of the way. That way, it's just as simple to drive an auto and then i would be able to drive anything.

People make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. It takes a while to get smooth but it doesn't take long at all to get capable.

It is just a useful skill to have, plus cars with manual transmissions are often cheaper, so it can save you a bit of money. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

People make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. It takes a while to get smooth but it doesn't take long at all to get capable.

It is just a useful skill to have, plus cars with manual transmissions are often cheaper, so it can save you a bit of money. 

And yeah, if you have friends who can't drive stick, you can play dirty tricks and lend them your manual car lol

And yeah, if you have friends who can't drive stick, you can play dirty tricks and lend them your manual car lol

Really not as fun as it seems..

They will still try to drive it..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Really not as fun as it seems..

They will still try to drive it..

But it's fun to see them struggle and stall every time lol. Except if they managed to ruin my car. Then it's not funny.

I'm gonna take that as a not at all.

Yeah they just ruin the flow of cars with how they look. Juuuuust my opinion.

I've read somewhere that it'll require a lot of fabricating or welding.

Yeah it looks like it will because I can't find one to just outright buy. At least I would save some money without having to get two sets of bushings and there would also be proper reinforcement done from the get-go. As long as I have a diff, mounting points, and the control arms it should be easy peasy to fabricate.

But it's fun to see them struggle and stall every time lol. Except if they managed to ruin my car. Then it's not funny.

It is for us. :ph34r:

Had a friend that drove my volvo with me in the passenger seat

- Riding the clutch 

- Shifting 2-3-2

- Violently releasing the clutch so you felt it slam into the pressure plate

- Forgetting to use the clutch and scraping gears..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

snip :

A well sorted solid axle will do just as well if not better. So this requires more research and deciding.