Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Had a friend that drove my volvo with me in the passenger seat

- Riding the clutch 

- Shifting 2-3-2

- Violently releasing the clutch so you felt it slam into the pressure plate

- Forgetting to use the clutch and scraping gears..

Had a friend..

:lol:

A well sorted solid axle will do just as well if not better. So this requires more research and deciding.

Yeah I regularly drive the solid axle of these cars, nothx. I'm getting an IRS one way or another.

Yeah they just ruin the flow of cars with how they look. Juuuuust my opinion.

Yeah it looks like it will because I can't find one to just outright buy. At least I would save some money without having to get two sets of bushings and there would also be proper reinforcement done from the get-go. As long as I have a diff, mounting points, and the control arms it should be easy peasy to fabricate.

It is for us. :ph34r:

It is funny, right up to the moment your friend destroys your clutch. Then it's a good time to smash his face.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It is funny, right up to the moment your friend destroys your clutch. Then it's a good time to smash his face.

With said clutch I assume?

With said clutch I assume?

Once i get it out of the car, yes, with the destroyed clutch. But then again, i would only trust friends and family who can drive stick with my baby.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Reason I'm asking is if it's worth the money from a mechanical  stand-point. That's why this comes up from me. Yeah I know how a lot of these cars perform. But I don't know much about them mechanically

I'm of course going to go with what I want. But if it has mechanical flaws to the point that I'm better going with something else I'll look at that other option.

they're the japanese version of a muscle car - they suck as an actual performance car

the minute you test drive one, you'd get the same impression. loud, noisy (not just exhaust, road/tire noise is worse than exhaust noise), terrible visibility, heavy, and the handling/grip feels centered around just having a ton of weight loading the tires, rather than actual mechanical grip

straight line performance is meh compared to the competition - not even close in track/handling performance

all it has going for it is some decent low/mid range torque to floor it in....again, a japanese muscle car. nice to look at and admire, but you'd really have to be into them to own one

they're the japanese version of a muscle car - they suck as an actual performance car

the minute you test drive one, you'd get the same impression. loud, noisy (not just exhaust, road/tire noise is worse than exhaust noise), terrible visibility, heavy, and the handling/grip feels centered around just having a ton of weight loading the tires, rather than actual mechanical grip

straight line performance is meh compared to the competition - not even close in track/handling performance

all it has going for it is some decent low/mid range torque to floor it in....again, a japanese muscle car. nice to look at and admire, but you'd really have to be into them to own one

There are some on craigslist that have been swapped with the more powerful SR20DET, so it's nice to have a bit more power at your disposal

Kinda sad to see a Viper on craigslist being parted out. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5074293272.html I mean, he's selling it because he wrecked it. :( This is why you never sell supercars to teens.

I mean, I've test driven one owned by a cousin of mine. I loved how it drove, and hos it could slide whenever I wanted to slide. Would look into engine swapping it if it has the stock engine or possibly even turboing it. Just because I've always wanted a turbo-ed car.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Kinda sad to see a Viper on craigslist being parted out. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5074293272.html I mean, he's selling it because he wrecked it. :( This is why you never sell supercars to teens.

Not necessarily a teen. Just a shitty driver. I mean, I'm a teen that doesn't even have my permit yet, but I am a better driver than some people I know that have had their license for two years

(Specifically my friend AJ's girlfriend)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Not necessarily a teen. Just a shitty driver. I mean, I'm a teen that doesn't even have my permit yet, but I am a better driver than some people I know that have had their license for two years

(Specifically my friend AJ's girlfriend)

OK, but still, you should never give a shitty driver a good car like this. Now this perfectly good car was just wasted.

So. My mom's boyfriend owns an auto-body shop. And according to him I can get just about any parts I want through that for a nice discount. Around 15-20% off from wholesale price

OK, but still, you should never give a shitty driver a good car like this. Now this perfectly good car was just wasted.

If they spend the money on it, it's their fault. A dealer should never not sell to someone because they are a shitty driver. Money is money.

So. My mom's boyfriend owns an auto-body shop. And according to him I can get just about any parts I want through that for a nice discount. Around 15-20% off from wholesale price

Buy me things. :o

Buy me things. :o

HE HAS STUFF TO TURBO a 240SX.

OKAY. DEFINITELY GOING FOR A 240SX WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY

I can't believe a 2016 Subaru WRX STi costs nearly 50K. For that price i could have a nice E92 M3 on Craigslist. I hate inflation so much.

I can't believe a 2016 Subaru WRX STi costs nearly 50K. For that price i could have a nice E92 M3 on Craigslist. I hate inflation so much.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Subaru person all the way.

But. The current gen looks awful.

I want either a blob eye, hawk eye, or a 2009 WRX STI Hatchback

HE HAS STUFF TO TURBO a 240SX.

OKAY. DEFINITELY GOING FOR A 240SX WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY

Look up the availability of spares though.

Around here it is a nightmare to find parts

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Subaru person all the way.

But. The current gen looks awful.

I want either a blob eye, hawk eye, or a 2009 WRX STI Hatchback

OK, call me crazy, but i think the newest one looks the best. IF only they stuck with the EJ engine, it would be perfect, but then again, it's a bit dated for a 2016 car.

240SXs are really common in america.

OK, call me crazy, but i think the newest one looks the best. IF only they stuck with the EJ engine, it would be perfect, but then again, it's a bit dated for a 2016 car.

240SXs are really common in america.

They are really common here too.. Spares aren't

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well yeah. Of course. But I'd be willing to drive 5 or 6 hours for a spare engine. So, kinda dedicated

Well yeah. Of course. But I'd be willing to drive 5 or 6 hours for a spare engine. So, kinda dedicated

Just be careful so you don't end up in the same situation as me with my old S12

Bought it. Couldn't find spares. Sold it. There was litterally nothing

No, there's parts. It's just too expensive to ship them in. :P

Worst case scenario I contact scrapyards and look for engines. Even if the scrapyard is insanely far away. As long as it's in the US it's manageable