Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I have no experience with truck tyres, but the hankook summer tyres for regular cars I have liked.

I really like the Nokian summer tires I have too.

They're like car tires, but bigger! :lol: And usually made more durable because of the weight they have to carry.

When I was checking whether my lovely riveted on stock speakers were broken I decided to rip everything plastic but the dash out of the car.

Also my passenger side door was leaking water :/

Luckily my dad's Passat of similar vintage did the same thing so the fix was rather immediate.

The broken seal was chalky as fuck though. It seems like it has leaked for a while, but I hadn't really noticed.

Speaking of OEM alloys, I quite like the look of the wheels that could've come with my Bora. (I've got steelies with hubcaps)

DSC_2138.jpg

100_4037.jpg

My favorite on Jetta's are Audi fat fives....

They are amazing looking.

System: Thinkpad T460

My favorite on Jetta's are Audi fat fives....

They are amazing looking.

They seem quite nice looking too, A very similar design.

But my car isn't a Jetta, it's a Bora :P (same thing I know)

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Dont worry, super gramps to the rescue it seems

Personally not digging the choice, i rathered an older one.

I dig gen 4's so I don't mind.

When I was checking whether my lovely riveted on stock speakers were broken I decided to rip everything plastic but the dash out of the car. 

Also my passenger side door was leaking water :/ 

Luckily my dad's Passat of similar vintage did the same thing so the fix was rather immediate.

The broken seal was chalky as fuck though. It seems like it has leaked for a while, but I hadn't really noticed.

Speaking of OEM alloys, I quite like the look of the wheels that could've come with my Bora. (I've got steelies with hubcaps)

DSC_2138.jpg

100_4037.jpg

I quite like this.

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Finally. The summer shoes are on and the snow boots are in storage.

I could've taken a picture of the wheels being on the car. But i decided to take a pic of the winter set instead.

This is the first time i've had a full set of covers. Feeling fancy

ltl0NAd.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

^^ lol 

Im so glad I live in a place where we dont need winter tires. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Im pissed, fucking audi won the 6hours at silverstone. If only the 17 porsche didnt have gearbox issues, they ripped audi apart. the other porsche was catching up at the end as well, real shame, i hate audi.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

^^ lol 

Im so glad I live in a place where we dont need winter tires. 

Someday i will too.. So sick of the cold months

But it feels nice to have that sense of accomplishment every time the summer rims go on the car^^

And going from the pirelli winter tires that were on the car to the dunlop sport bluresponses that are on now makes the car feel different in a good way :)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I could've taken a picture of the wheels being on the car. But i decided to take a pic of the winter set instead.

Those covers are fancy... Too fancy for my rusty steel rims.

Someday i will too.. So sick of the cold months

But it feels nice to have that sense of accomplishment every time the summer rims go on the car^^

And going from the pirelli winter tires that were on the car to the dunlop sport bluresponses that are on now makes the car feel different in a good way :)

No pics of the summer wheels?  :P

Those covers are fancy... Too fancy for my rusty steel rims.

The tires that are in there will probably be rusy by the time i get them out of there..

Couldn't find a place to rinse the salt off em.. 

But at that point i suppose i could sand them off and throw on some rubber paint

No pics of the summer wheels?  :P

Have to wash the car first. I hate parking it on the gravel parking lot outside..

They look like this 

yc4P5AH.jpg

The tires that are in there will probably be rusy by the time i get them out of there..

Couldn't find a place to rinse the salt off em.. 

But at that point i suppose i could sand them off and throw on some rubber paint

I washed mine with some degreaser. Oh lord, I've never seen water that dirty.

But the rims had a date on them, 2001. No wonder they're rusty. 14 long and salty winters.

I wonder what the thought process was here

17197_978445612166489_445649297997530210

Since we're talking of cars, here are my humble little friends. B) 

post-221788-0-42600000-1428864723.jpg
First of all my hobby car: 1994 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7ie 16v QV.
Currently rolling with some 15" Ronal A1 rims with some Toyo R1R tyres. 

post-221788-0-20818200-1428864782.jpg
My daily driver: 2004 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS Selespeed Distinctive.
And yes, those wheels are 18" that were optional from the factory.

Since we're talking of cars, here are my humble little friends. B) 

attachicon.gif11021281_10204705439208176_402573339230935097_n.jpg

First of all my hobby car: 1994 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7ie 16v QV.

Currently rolling with some 15" Ronal A1 rims with some Toyo R1R tyres. 

attachicon.gif1779059_10204923437417995_4439870890426650313_n.jpg

My daily driver: 2004 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS Selespeed Distinctive.

And yes, those wheels are 18" that were optional from the factory.

Nice^^ A chance to ask an alfa owner directly.

How reliable are they? 

Also that first alfa just looks so right with those rims <3

-snip-

They are quite reliable to be honest, at least in my opinion.

Never had any real issues with them.

If you're keeping up the maintenance, they are just as reliable as any other car.

I'm an Alfa driver since 2001 basically, never had any issues.

Except for a 156 which i bought in the past, that thing was a complete disaster though.

But that was because the previous owner didn't take good care of it.

And thanks mate!

A 33 is at it's best with those wheels, even if she still has to be lowered a bit.  ;)

I wonder what the thought process was here

17197_978445612166489_445649297997530210

I'm guessing the car is RWD and the test is for FWD cars?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm guessing the car is RWD and the test is for FWD cars?

Close. The Miata is RWD but it has the front wheels on the dyno lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Close. The Miata is RWD but it has the front wheels on the dyno lol.

They should have known their cars better lol. At first i actually did think the car was fwd as well lol

Hopefully im doing this correctly, anyways ive uploaded majority of my pictures to facebook as quite a few people wanted me to take pictures not just on this forum anyways here they are. ill be uploading some more later as some require some attention such as the interior shots and a few had crazy lighting 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

my winter tires never came out of the bag this winter.

Blarg