Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

thats too much money lol. I think ill just get the cheap sensen dampers (they are said to be overly-stiff anyways, which im fine with) with the tein H tech springs. 

The H tech are a 1.3in front drop, and a 0.8 inch rear drop

the s tech are a 1.9 front and a 1.4inch rear drop. 

I think the S tech will lower it too much, like I said I dont want attention. Is there anything else you know of, perhaps something cheaper?

KYB Excel-G / GR-2 struts can handle H Tech springs, generally.

I have not tried Sensen, as they are not available here. I've tried a set of cheap dampers before; they worked great when new but deteriorated quickly (probably poor bore machining or substandard soft components). I'd personally stick with the major brands.

Actually contemplating buying this. Like no joke. We're in the area next week for spring break. Might go check it out with my dad.

First VQ swapped 620?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4960757447.html

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Actually contemplating buying this. Like no joke. We're in the area next week for spring break. Might go check it out with my dad.

First VQ swapped 620?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4960757447.html

Found a forum post of the car on stanceworks!

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67170

Maybe from previous owner? It's from September of last year..

That thing is gonna rub like crazy wherever the asphalt isn't butter smooth. 

That's not that hard to correct. The interior is what I'm more worried about

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

One of my favorites  :)

Guess what it is

Not too hard

I know what it is. :P  got to see an awesome one not to long ago. Every one always seems to be different from another in some way.

Tuqg1Cv.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I know what it is. :P  got to see an awesome one not to long ago. Every one always seems to be different from another in some way.

Yeah. There were some GT versions with aero and stuff. A great looking car.

System: Thinkpad T460

Yeah. There were some GT versions with aero and stuff. A great looking car.

definitely. The engine on the orange one was dressed up pretty nicely too. The 180 degree headers gave it a cool sound.

QyX7WQt.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

definitely. The engine on the orange one was dressed up pretty nicely too. The 180 degree headers gave it a cool sound.

That must sound amazing...

System: Thinkpad T460

I've had this car a few years now and I still love it! [1998 Honda Accord LX 4cyl manual]

The only problem with it is that it tends to stall when idling though, but hey I only paid $1,300usd for it. [it also has some blood stains on the headliner.....]

857491_577382075608003_346833075_o_zpsfz

Lord of Helium.

Those headers are crazy. I really want to hear it. Never seen anything do a crossover before the collectors.

Blarg

Those headers are crazy. I really want to hear it. Never seen anything do a crossover before the collectors.

They are 180 degree The setup basically simulates a flat plane v8 firing pattern. They make a huge difference in sound when compared to a standard setup.

here we go, not the same car, but a similar setup.

Today it is exactly 4 years since i bought my first 190E

This is the picture from the ad

215764_1746211294175_1695090_n.jpg?oh=f2

900$. And there truly was nothing more expensive than a cheap mercedes

I really miss it though

Gold trim. Sportline pack. 205mm tyres. Wood dash and shift knob, Top of the line blaupunkt stereo from 92. Cosworth wing
This was the first song that was on the radio when i drove it away

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

oops. that might be a bit too much bass :P

P1010101.JPG

P1010102.JPG

also, i did some fluky precision parking. that is the door fully open.

P1010103.JPG

P1010104.JPG

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I might clean my Bora's EGR valve as a Saturday project. Lets just hope it's nit completely dead.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

This is currently on the top of my list for next car.

300ce-24v-01-5948052123492653045.JPG

2048_86F244.jpg

7000rpm with a straight six <3

hqdefault.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Is that a pillarless coupe?

And the old merc gauges look so funky.

@techswede

It might just look like that, 200 00 kms without a cleaning I think.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I might clean my Bora's EGR valve as a Saturday project. Lets just hope it's nit completely dead.

60910d1226644630-ugly-egr-infested-intak

I hope yours looks better xD

Is that a pillarless coupe?

And the old merc gauges look so funky.

Yup. Imagine the open space <3

I really like the funky-ness of the gauges. Especially the marked shift points^^

Still waiting for the next ep of roadkill.. 

tavXivh.png

They're dicking around with a Hellcat off road, right?

--SkeleSnip--

Pretty much

They're dicking around with a Hellcat off road, right?

That's what i've heard yeah. Fred from dirt every day might be in it too