Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

:lol:

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is currently on the top of my list for next car.

300ce-24v-01-5948052123492653045.JPG

:o

What is that machine?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

:o

What is that machine?

The glorious Mercedes-Benz W124 300CE-24 Coupé

A neat thing from the wikipedia page. It is wikipedia so i am taking it with a truckload of salt. But still

Turbo Conversions

Turbocharger kits were offered for both the M103 and M104 engines by Turbo Technics, Mosselman, Lotec, Turbobandit, MAD modify and other tuners. These conversions typically raised engine output to between 300 and 800 horsepower (600 kW)(depend on Boost Target). During the 1990s UK customers were able to buy new vehicles equipped with a Turbo Technics conversion directly from Mercedes dealer Hughes of Beaconsfield (limited run of 75 conversions). Today turbocharger kits for M103-M104 engines are available from later tuners in Europe and Asia.
People do this kind of thing with the engines anyway
335333d1286473851-our-friend-sl-twin-tur
P7120025.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wohoo!

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Do piping and connector makers for Cars have some secret deal that everything needs to be anodized red or blue?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Do piping and connector makers for Cars have some secret deal that everything needs to be anodized red or blue?

its because one high end company started it and every one else wanted to look like they spent $200 on a fitting.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So I spent 4 hours yesterday replacing the ignition key cylinder in "Rusty" ('89 Cavalier). The key got stuck in the "on" position a few years back and I hobbled together a quick workaround with a 300A continuous rated marine switch I used to disconnect the battery. This worked great but I was unable to drive past enough "scan vans" to pass the required emissions testing for my upcoming registration. They will not test the car at the regular dynamometer/wideband O2 equipped testing stations, so I had to get the vehicle to a state that could be turned on/off without flipping a huge switch hanging out the front bumper.

It was terrible! At one point during the steering wheel disassembling, I had to compress a spring with hundreds of pounds of force pushing against the tightest snap ring I have ever encountered. I had to flip the wheel mounting bracket around and use two bolts (kind of like a bearing puller) to push against the spring in order to free the snap ring!

It's always inexpensive parts that seem to be the most difficult to work on :lol:. For giggles I called a local shop to get a quote, they wanted $400...the part was $16.99 (with two new keys too) :o . The funny thing is that in order to get enough slack on the turn signal wiring harness to remove it, I had to disconnect all the ignition harness plugs under the dash. Only 4 dash screws need to be removed to gain access to the harness needed to "hotwire" the car...it would take 5 minutes to fire it up without a key yet it takes an entire afternoon to replace the part that is supposed to keep someone from stealing the car :P .

Same thing with my Odyssey. I had to replace the ignition switch (the part the key cylinder turns), and it literally is two regular #2 Phillips machine screws that attaches it to the key cylinder (accessible under the dash without removing anything). This means anyone with $50 can buy a new switch with the attached harness/plug and fire it up with a flat screwdriver, no cutting of wires or special tools other than a screwdriver needed!

What's the most annoying repair you guys have had to do? This was up there for me...I had to use a lot of foul language to help the process along.

Even tried to install springs with out a compressor? thats even more annoying.

Worst job ive done was taking the body off my car though. Bolts snapping left right and center and shit.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

This is currently on the top of my list for next car.

7000rpm with a straight six <3

I swear everyone on here drives a motherfucking Mercedes or Honda xD

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I don't.

Currently driving a volkswagen golf

I swear everyone on here drives a motherfucking Mercedes, or Honda xD

bmw here

bmw here

Currently driving a volkswagen golf

I don't.

ok ok ok, pls dont kill meh

*Puts back wrench*

... *Sigh*.. fine

I am a huge mercedes addict though

Just finished watching the newest roadkill. Those guys are absolutely nuts!!! Not very often you get to see a viper being thrashed at an off road course.

I'll never drive something like that :P

Now this might be interesting

screen-shot-2015-04-10-at-17.1-55281e682

Also saw this
MB6_PIC2.png

I'm really wanting that new Fast n' Loud episode to come out monday.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Both of my cars are Fords.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

We have a Toyota and 2 Mazdas, soon to be 3.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Trans am episode was top notch.

I liked the first 2 part episode of the new season, where they took a HEMI engine out of a 2015 Challenger and put it in a Scat Pack '69 challenger. I didn't know they would actually pull it off. I also like the show Misfit Garage, especially where they fucked up the '69 chevy cab from paint. that was hilarious honestly.

saw something like this yesterday
7136848499_7e210bf1f9_b.jpg
12516vm.jpg
i heard a mean V8 so i looked back and saw it flying when the light turned green :P
(its a Corvette ZR1 and those are 2 different cars in the pics but thats how it looked :P )

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

You have a lamborgini?

Linus has a Lambo too you know  ;)

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10