Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I've been trying to get the boss to move the bit secondary air tank to the other side of the shop as a reservoir to feed that  long run of pipe. I know it'll help even out the flow on the other side of the shop but he's not convinced. Also not having a tiny coupler connecting things or a little air hose connecting it to the system...I'd love to have the parts I need to plumb it how I want and a day to do it, we could have some kick-ass air. It's not bad but it could be a lot better.

Thats my problem, I am on the end of the run on the other side of the shop, and the guy next to me uses air tools for everything still. So I am pretty air starved if hes ugga duggaing away

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Thats my problem, I am on the end of the run on the other side of the shop, and the guy next to me uses air tools for everything still. So I am pretty air starved if hes ugga duggaing away

Get a 10 gallon air tank (or bigger if you have room) and connect it to the line off the wall then out to your tools. It'll give you a buffer between the line loss and your tools, especially if you connect off the tank with high flow fittings to your tools. Won't be a huge help with long use tools like a grinder or a drill but for momentary tools like an air impact or air hammer it'll really help out a lot.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah let me rent a lift for 4 straight days while I swap my engine 

might as well have paid someone to do it for u 😂

https://www.quickjack.com/

These things are phenomenal

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

my dream car is bugatti chiron super sport

Grey and black Doge viper with Matt black wheels 

spacer.pngyes it is funny because it is close to imposible to buy this beast

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

if we talk about unreachable dream cars .... this aint far off 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Don't mind me, just giving my artist render of the upcoming C63 AMG front grille

amg.thumb.jpg.0bf25ca8e46d9ad56d75f765658c2567.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2nd trackday with these 2 was awesome

Screenshot_20210629-093513_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-093522_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-093531_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-093545_Gallery.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Finally got around to restoring my foxes quarter windows before and after. ignore the leftover tent. not cleaned the window yet lol

20210629_153558.thumb.jpg.814372018322d4c51f8ca9daa4d405ed.jpg

20210629_153442.thumb.jpg.012ffe0ec6528dff43d5eed90ebd2a77.jpg

20210629_153456.thumb.jpg.48ae3ad502ed91305cc1cb16567adbbf.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I'm gonna need some exterior parts like that for my Celica, some door trims are getting rough.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

I'm gonna need some exterior parts like that for my Celica, some door trims are getting rough.

yea wanted to try my hand restoring some decent ish windows... ford decided it was a GREAT idea to have that window molding be part of the window and not replaceable... so you either get to choose repop windows that dont have the mustang on them or $1000 each new old stock ones.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

People shit on the northstar and 1uz for having the starter under the intake, but this thing doesn't get enough hate:

dv9QRlv.jpeg

You can try to do it underneath, but usually the top bolt fights you more than its worth. Easier to do what service info says and pull the core support and intake. Bonus points if the knock sensor breaks.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

Tiny hands and slender arms really are an asset. Oh the Nissan V8's are under there too btw. Northstars I pull for starters often enough that I've got it down pretty pat now

Finally saw an Earth Dreams high pressure pump failure, but it was also throwing ECM failure codes on TPMS and ABS at the same time the engine light would set for P0087. Pricey repair!

Have a 2.0 FSI Tijuan in for a water pump so bad it leaks out water as fast as I can pour it in, never seen one that bad before. Set random misfire and misfire on a couple cylinders (but who knows how old these codes are) and a coolant temp circuit low code which means this thing got over 285F cause that's where the sensor stops reading from being at zero resistance. Guy wants to do the water pump job, warned up and down that we don't know if it's fucked.

I've never seen a HPFP fail on a honda. Usually its a low pressure fuel pump or FRP sensor issue. Or if it just had a fuel pump recall done then one of the o rings in the module got pinched. Seen that a lot.

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

I've never seen a HPFP fail on a honda. Usually its a low pressure fuel pump or FRP sensor issue. Or if it just had a fuel pump recall done then one of the o rings in the module got pinched. Seen that a lot.

2017, 90K miles, le google says the earth dreams pump failures are common, either the pressure control solenoid fails or the dump valve gets stuck open. I think the pressure control solenoid isn't working right, I see some weird pressures go up and down in data then flatline at a fairly low pressure when the engine light sets. Engine bucks on acceleration and stalls easily too. When he comes back for the repair I'll revisit the diag and get a better look at fuel rail pressure data, I was kind of pinched for time on this one.

Oh and had a Sonata Hybrid throwing a P0AA6 for high voltage battery short, about 3 inches of water in the trunk around the 270V battery, water was probably brimmed on it at one point. Sent that out to the dealer, let them sell her a whole new BMS and battery pack and deal with her CarShield warranty. Pretty sure that's what it was going to end up being, or at least the BMS. It would reset the P0AA6 after about 50ft of motion after draining and drying overnight, shuts the whole car off when BMS disconnects the battery. Clever safety system but dang, that's annoying on a test drive lol.

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

2017, 90K miles, le google says the earth dreams pump failures are common, either the pressure control solenoid fails or the dump valve gets stuck open. I think the pressure control solenoid isn't working right, I see some weird pressures go up and down in data then flatline at a fairly low pressure when the engine light sets. Engine bucks on acceleration and stalls easily too. When he comes back for the repair I'll revisit the diag and get a better look at fuel rail pressure data, I was kind of pinched for time on this one.

Oh and had a Sonata Hybrid throwing a P0AA6 for high voltage battery short, about 3 inches of water in the trunk around the 270V battery, water was probably brimmed on it at one point. Sent that out to the dealer, let them sell her a whole new BMS and battery pack and deal with her CarShield warranty. Pretty sure that's what it was going to end up being, or at least the BMS. It would reset the P0AA6 after about 50ft of motion after draining and drying overnight, shuts the whole car off when BMS disconnects the battery. Clever safety system but dang, that's annoying on a test drive lol.

What motor is it? Honda makes like 10 different earth dreams motors. Does sound like a classic HPFP failure. I just never have seen one yet. Now that I say that, tomorrow I will get one.

With that much water I'd be worried about every copper bar being done-zo.

2.4, sorry. I thought the 17 CRV had only one engine option. I don't know the exact engine model. Guy says he opened the door at the airport and boom car stalled. Started it back up, cranked for like 5-6 seconds before starting and then wouldn't go over 30 with every dash light lit. I had the long crank even when the engine light was cleared so it wasn't just the computer being in limp, it really was bonked up.

This humidity is getting to me, it's been dreadful at work.

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

2.4, sorry. I thought the 17 CRV had only one engine option. I don't know the exact engine model. Guy says he opened the door at the airport and boom car stalled. Started it back up, cranked for like 5-6 seconds before starting and then wouldn't go over 30 with every dash light lit. I had the long crank even when the engine light was cleared so it wasn't just the computer being in limp, it really was bonked up.

This humidity is getting to me, it's been dreadful at work.

Theres a 1.5t as well. The fuel pump recall usually triggers that code. It sucks, waste of time clearing every code out of every module.

Monday was terrible. Hit 105 in the shop with 34% humidity. After that 80 feels cold.

19 minutes ago, vetali said:

Theres a 1.5t as well. The fuel pump recall usually triggers that code. It sucks, waste of time clearing every code out of every module.

Monday was terrible. Hit 105 in the shop with 34% humidity. After that 80 feels cold.

Hasn't be as temp hot but the humidity has been in the 50% range every day this week for most of the day, a storm will roll through and cool it off for about 10 minutes then it's worse than before. One morning it was really nice. Boss is hogging all the fans too lol and I was stuck in the hotbox corner most of the day.

Incoming Photo Dump warning.

Drove the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara last week. Absolutely stunning. The weather was perfect (almost no fog) and traffic wasn't too bad (I went on a Tuesday). One of the few roads where the speed limit was too HIGH (55MPH is pretty fast on a narrow one-lane road) Heresy, I know.

@bcredeur97 You need to come out and do this road... wayyy better than Tail of the Dragon 😜

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/x24FC92" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/x24FC92"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT: Apparently you can't embed Imgur posts on LTT anymore... 

Here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/x24FC92

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

The cherry on top have arrived.

20210701_150641.jpg

33 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Incoming Photo Dump warning.

Drove the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara last week. Absolutely stunning. The weather was perfect (almost no fog) and traffic wasn't too bad (I went on a Tuesday). One of the few roads where the speed limit was too HIGH (55MPH is pretty fast on a narrow one-lane road) Heresy, I know.

@bcredeur97 You need to come out and do this road... wayyy better than Tail of the Dragon 😜

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/x24FC92" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/x24FC92"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT: Apparently you can't embed Imgur posts on LTT anymore... 

Here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/x24FC92

there's a bunch of roads in cali i want to do. All the canyons north of LA, PCH, and especially hwy 33 north of ventura, little lesser known but they say it's awesome.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1