Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Meteorologist today said the dreaded S word..

Good thing I have the snow tires at the ready. This weekend they go on.

Mine have been on for a couple weeks. It's been spitting white bullshit from the sky here and there for two weeks now, here. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Mine have been on for a couple weeks. It's been spitting white bullshit from the sky here and there for two weeks now, here. 

You get more of that Cold air from America's Hat than we do. By the time it passed the great lakes, the air has warmed enough to be rain (It also has rained the last two weeks)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Cool snow/porsche gif cuz it's slow in my office today:

Image result for snow car gif

EDIT:

And simpsons, because the Simpsons:

Image result for snow car gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its gonna s*** tonight though. Better just slap them on when you get home

HOW DARE YOU SWEAR LIKE THAT ON SUCH A FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its gonna snow tonight though. Better just slap them on when you get home

I'm swapping mine over tonight too.  Finally staying in the low 40s high 30s, and they're calling for snow Friday.

ugh... at least the garage is heated.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

*SNIP*

Cayman > 911

I feel the mid engine love, but I'd still take a 911 GTS over it.

920x920.jpg

Calling all UK petrolheads!

(Or those further afield looking for a great road trip).

There's a place that recently opened up near Stratford Upon Avon that is a Mecca for those that love cars, motorbikes and things that move.

It's called Caffeine and Machine (http://caffeineandmachine.com/)

I seriously reccomend checking it out! it was an old B&B/pub/restaurant that was taken on earlier in the year and fully rennovated into what you see at the link. It's only been open a couple of weeks, but regularly attracts all kinds of cars and people to mingle, talk cars, have a good coffee/drink and good food.

Apologies if this sort of post isn't allowed, but figured it would interest a few people into going as it's probably right up their alley.

I also figured i would share it around as I am good friends with the owners and helped with the wallpaper stripping and odd jobs here and there.

Check out their social media from their website and you'll get an idea of whats going on there. I think most of you guys will be excited to get involved!

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

But it don't look like a European Corvette

Image result for you take that back gif

Good news! I finally replaced my boring Golf with something more exciting: An '02 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon. 2.3l, 4 cylinders and big old Turbo. Im blown away by it. The seats are incredibly comfortable and it makes 250hp. Unfortunately it's an automatic, but that fits the cars character quite well. Put some new snow tires on it today, so I'm ready for the ski season. It was kinda broken when I bought it, but a few sparkplugs and an ignition Cassette later, it runs like new.

saab.jpg

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

22 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Good news! I finally replaced my boring Golf with something more exciting: An '02 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon. 2.3l, 4 cylinders and big old Turbo. Im blown away by it. The seats are incredibly comfortable and it makes 250hp. Unfortunately it's an automatic, but that fits the cars character quite well. Put some new snow tires on it today, so I'm ready for the ski season. It was kinda broken when I bought it, but a few sparkplugs and an ignition Cassette later, it runs like new.

Yet, another SAAB, w00t w00t, and it's an Aero, very nice

@RevoltTrain don't be jelly ples

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

22 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

'02 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon.

*obligatory @RevoltTrain tag*

Edit* DAmn @JoaoPRSousa ninja'd me

48 minutes ago, SADS said:

Calling all UK petrolheads!

(Or those further afield looking for a great road trip).

There's a place that recently opened up near Stratford Upon Avon that is a Mecca for those that love cars, motorbikes and things that move.

It's called Caffeine and Machine (http://caffeineandmachine.com/)

I seriously reccomend checking it out! it was an old B&B/pub/restaurant that was taken on earlier in the year and fully rennovated into what you see at the link. It's only been open a couple of weeks, but regularly attracts all kinds of cars and people to mingle, talk cars, have a good coffee/drink and good food.

I've seen that place on GFWilliam's instagram stories if I'm not mistaken, the pic in question was an XJR15 (was pretty amazed when I saw it) parked in front of the building.

It looks pretty good. Will probably check it out when I move to the UK :D (if that happens anyway lul)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I've seen that place on GFWilliam's instagram stories if I'm not mistaken, the pic in question was an XJR15 (was pretty amazed when I saw it) parked in front of the building.

It looks pretty good. Will probably check it out when I move to the UK :D (if that happens anyway lul)

Yeh, apparently 1 of only 15 in existance. I was able to see it getting rolled off the trailer!

There was so many awesome cars there on the opening weekend and it's been almost the same everyday since (especially weekends). Someone brought over an F40, which I never thought I'd get to see in the flesh!

It was so cool to see Lambos mixing with Morgans and Lotus, hot rods, the lot.

25 minutes ago, SADS said:

Oh here's a pic of my pride and joy, whilst i've joined this topic... also.. i love a nice old Saab!

Great colour choice. I love the sound of that engine!

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

6 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Great colour choice. I love the sound of that engine!

I didn't even get to choose the colour, it was just what they had in stock at the time.... I wasn't prepared to wait when I traded in my old car XD

1 hour ago, sirtoby said:

oh i love those things, also wouldnt expect anything less than incedibly comfortable from saab :D 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

*obligatory @RevoltTrain tag*

Edit* DAmn @JoaoPRSousa ninja'd me

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Yet, another SAAB, w00t w00t, and it's an Aero, very nice

@RevoltTrain don't be jelly ples

i need to get a saab so i get tagged in saab posts as well xD 

1 hour ago, SADS said:

Oh here's a pic of my pride and joy, whilst i've joined this topic... also.. i love a nice old Saab!

i do love a nice I5 powered awd audi 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, SADS said:

IMG_9830.JPG

IMG_9828.JPG

lemme guess. no manual.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

lemme guess. no manual.

Nah dual clutch only. My last few were cars manual though, there's ups and downs to both sides. I wanted something a bit easier this time :P

21 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Front kinda looks like a Civic Type R 

heh yeah i can kinda get that, its the black intakes that probably set it off that way.

Cant help but to love this colour scheme

wec-nurburgring-2016-4-bykolles-racing-c

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

lowkey wondering whether my 2013 prius will get me shit on here lol

my opinion is worthless but i'm going to give it anyway because this is the internet

4 hours ago, sirtoby said:

saab.jpg

9-5 wagon is life. Lucky you've got the 5 speed vs my 4 speed tho 

IMG_20181010_072856.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, Azerafel said:

lowkey wondering whether my 2013 prius will get me shit on here lol

not really. we just won't have much to say... it's well.. a prius. nothing special lol

the prius would be more interesting if it was faster than like a V6 camry or something. but it isn't *shrug*

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1