Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Never expected my photography icon to notice me on reddit 

Screenshot_2017-07-31-18-05-55.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Alright y'all. Mod list for my Mazdaspeed3. This is gonna take a while though, remember I have to make payments on this car. And I'm probably going to let the powertrain warranty expire before I start doing anything so I don't end up voiding it.

Wheels will be Rota Grid 18"x9.5" 5x114.3mm +38mm in Hyper Black. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTA-WHEEL-GRID-18X9-5-5X114-3-38-73-HYPERBLACK-/292190536897?hash=item4407e9c4c1:g:9SoAAOSw~rpZSehX&vxp=mtr

Coilovers will be the Raceland Primo coilovers. https://raceland.com/coilovers/mazda/mazda-3-primo-adj-damping-coilovers-2010-2013.html

That will make it look kinda like this:

z_e8354204.jpg

y_854f57e6.jpg

Then I will probably get a front lip. Not sure on which one yet. Maybe mudflaps as well, I don't think so though. I will also get a front license plate relocation kit from Corksport, I like how that looks. In Texas I must have the front license plate so might as well make it look nicer.

After that I will get into more power, probably a Cobb Accessport, short intake, catless downpipe, a nice blow off valve and more powerful fuel pump. I don't really think I'll be doing a front mount intercooler relocation, but we'll see.

I don't think I will be doing anything else with the exhaust besides the catless downpipe. Unless someone knows a good and quiet aftermarket exhaust that doesn't drone at all. I am kind of tired of being loud, my MR2 was super obnoxious and droned a LOT.

Pretty decent I think, should be able to have close to if not 300 HP with those mods.

what about full red taillights? imo it would look good on a black car. and you might just be able to get some film, no need to replace the entire housing. and why not go axleback? cobb or corksport might have good options for it.

ok they don't have axle back but i doubt their catbacks would drone heavily. i feel like only cheaply made systems would drone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

what about full red taillights? imo it would look good on a black car. and you might just be able to get some film, no need to replace the entire housing. and why not go axleback? cobb or corksport might have good options for it.

ok they don't have axle back but i doubt their catbacks would drone heavily. i feel like only cheaply made systems would drone.

Idk, it already sounds really nice, especially cold starts. Not loud at all, also makes it easy to hear the turbo spool :)

Just now, byalexandr said:

Idk, it already sounds really nice, especially cold starts. Not loud at all, also makes it easy to hear the turbo spool :)

ok maybe just a muffler delete then? 

and i assume you saw my full red taillight suggestion many times it's probably annoying you lol but i wanna see it happen looks more dope than stock tbh.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok maybe just a muffler delete then? 

and i assume you saw my full red taillight suggestion many times it's probably annoying you lol but i wanna see it happen looks more dope than stock tbh.

I'll do that too. Need to find a high quality wrap though, a lot of them are really cheap and come off or discolor easily.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

I'll do that too. Need to find a high quality wrap though, a lot of them are really cheap and come off or discolor easily.

yay now i wanna see it happen bc i can tell it's gonna look a whole lot meaner.

and i feel like a little kid asking for this kinda shit, but what about neochrome wrap on headlights?

45 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yay now i wanna see it happen bc i can tell it's gonna look a whole lot meaner.

and i feel like a little kid asking for this kinda shit, but what about neochrome wrap on headlights?

Nah I like the headlights how they are. I might do eyelids with gloss black vinyl to make it look meaner, it does look REALLY freakin' happy xD

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Nah I like the headlights how they are. I might do eyelids with gloss black vinyl to make it look meaner, it does look REALLY freakin' happy xD

i say go for the headlights, and maybe yellow foglights. i seem to see a lot of ms3s with yellowed out foglights, and it looks quite good.

anybody want an NA miata that basically has an NB interior and MSM motor? https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/mazda-miata-turbo-speed-msm/6242692739.html and beware, he has a super descriptive description of the car in question.

Really need to get around to cleaning these things...

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

wow, really low miles, and it looks super super clean. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/mazda-protege-dx-obo/6207536935.html and if you're curious about how my protege looks, it's basically EXACTLY like this one, only with a huge ass dent along the passenger front. but other than that it looks exactly like this one on sale.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

i say go for the headlights, and maybe yellow foglights. i seem to see a lot of ms3s with yellowed out foglights, and it looks quite good.

Yellow fog lights is a must

59 minutes ago, terrytek said:

anybody want an NA miata that basically has an NB interior and MSM motor? https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/mazda-miata-turbo-speed-msm/6242692739.html and beware, he has a super descriptive description of the car in question.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

literally if i didn't see any pics of the exterior, i would've thought it was an nb ms miata. but it's pretty sweet that he managed to fit pretty much half NB in an NA miata. the exterior looks kinda rough, but that's nothing a paint job can't fix.

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

literally if i didn't see any pics of the exterior, i would've thought it was an nb ms miata. but it's pretty sweet that he managed to fit pretty much half NB in an NA miata. the exterior looks kinda rough, but that's nothing a paint job can't fix.

I just don't like the fact that the dedicated headlight up down switch is gone 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

One Blipshift order shows up. Orders something else. Fuuuuuuck 

20170731_232415.jpg

Not sure if this is a good place to ask. I have a 2006 Ford Focus. Recently replaced the blower motor and blower motor resistor. When unplugging the blower motor, I noticed the power connector was black as it was burnt. So I got a new pig tail on order and it should be in tommrow. The blower motor was the original to the car. And it does make noise that doesn't sound normal at lower speeds. Which is why I bought a new one. Well any way, could it have been that the blower motor might have been working extra hard and pulled too much power to the plug? Or is there something else I should check? 

My previous symptoms was my blower motor turning off at random. I would turn it off at the switch when this happen and turn it back on and it would work for a while. The resistor was corroded. Which is why I replaced it. 

My plan was to splice in the new wiring and be on my way. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask. I have a 2006 Ford Focus. Recently replaced the blower motor and blower motor resistor. When unplugging the blower motor, I noticed the power connector was black as it was burnt. So I got a new pig tail on order and it should be in tommrow. The blower motor was the original to the car. And it does make noise that doesn't sound normal at lower speeds. Which is why I bought a new one. Well any way, could it have been that the blower motor might have been working extra hard and pulled too much power to the plug? Or is there something else I should check? 

My previous symptoms was my blower motor turning off at random. I would turn it off at the switch when this happen and turn it back on and it would work for a while. The resistor was corroded. Which is why I replaced it. 

My plan was to splice in the new wiring and be on my way. 

Sounds like if you're replacing the motor itself along with the burnt wiring you should be /fine/ 

I have noticed as electronics get older they tend to run less efficiently and produce more heat and consume more power. Even on GPU's. 

One of my old GPU'S by the time I got rid of it;  wouldn't idle below 50F even with a clean cooler and nee thermal paste... And the heat it put out into the room was crazy so it was def the gpu itself doing that... It's interesting to me how that happens 

I remember it idling in the upper 30's a few years before that.... 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Got a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix with a leaky hardline Power Steering tube. Repair is gonna cost $3-400 depending on the shop, since they're just replacing the tube.

Since it's just a pinhole leak (for now), can I put some sort of adhesive around the line temporarily (temporary is relative) to fix the leak? As of now, a fluid refill gets me about 10 minutes of power steering until I have to dump another $2 of liquid in there.

Can I duct tape it enough to drive it 30 miles to a really nice and cheap garage? Does power steering liquid eat through duct tape?

Inb4 duct tape on pressurized parts warning. It already leaks, whats extra tape gonna do to harm it?

2 minutes ago, infered5 said:

Got a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix with a leaky hardline Power Steering tube. Repair is gonna cost $3-400 depending on the shop, since they're just replacing the tube.

Since it's just a pinhole leak (for now), can I put some sort of adhesive around the line temporarily (temporary is relative) to fix the leak? As of now, a fluid refill gets me about 10 minutes of power steering until I have to dump another $2 of liquid in there.

Can I duct tape it enough to drive it 30 miles to a really nice and cheap garage? Does power steering liquid eat through duct tape?

Inb4 duct tape on pressurized parts warning. It already leaks, whats extra tape gonna do to harm it?

You'll be fine as is. You don't need power steering. And even if it runs dry on the way there it won't do any damage 

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

You'll be fine as is. You don't need power steering. And even if it runs dry on the way there it won't do any damage 

Okay, thanks. 

Completely hypothetically, can I duct tape or other adhesive/patch (not solder) it so much a replacement isn't necessary? Can I use half a roll and call it a day, or would the glue gunk it all up?

28 minutes ago, infered5 said:

Okay, thanks. 

Completely hypothetically, can I duct tape or other adhesive/patch (not solder) it so much a replacement isn't necessary? Can I use half a roll and call it a day, or would the glue gunk it all up?

Patching power steering lines didn't work for me, there's too much pressure for it to hold.

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Aside from your pump destroying itself, sending metal through the power steering rack, and destroying that as well.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Aside from your pump destroying itself, sending metal through the power steering rack, and destroying that as well.

Semantics

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

#yellowfogsquad

@byalexandr

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

20 hours ago, terrytek said:

and why not go axleback? cobb or corksport might have good options for it.

20 hours ago, byalexandr said:

I can personally testify, the COBB cat and catback system does not drone at all. It's about $900 for your Mazda's Gen 2 catback from what I saw on thier website, you might find it discounted slightly else ware though. Plus they look superb. My buddy keep commenting on how well the welds were done and how good the whole system sounds. It's not overly loud, when you want it to be, but is heard when you put your foot down. 0% drone at high way speeds. If you decided to go with a Catback, and your choice is cobb, I can say you will not be dissapointed.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620