Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Did not get one of the jobs i applied for as a store manager at a place that sells glasses. 

BUT. I did get 25% off my next pair of glasses. Nicest no i've ever gotten.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The Toyotas will return as DLC for FM7.

My buddy has a MR2 and a 3.8 Genesis... the MR2 he's owned for ~6 years and it's the biggest pain in his rear end lol. He was talking about LS swapping the genesis as well.

I also agree with the new Subaru body styles, they just don't catch your eye like they used to. I reallllllly wish they would have continued the hatch WRXs. This was the deciding factor to go for the Focus ST as I bought a brand new car compared to risking buying a used WRX hatch with ~40-100k miles for nearly the same price... And you know the previous owners beat the living piss out of those cars.

17 minutes ago, techswede said:

Did not get one of the jobs i applied for as a store manager at a place that sells glasses. 

BUT. I did get 25% off my next pair of glasses. Nicest no i've ever gotten.

Inb4 you have perfect 20/20 vision

It's the thought that counts regardless

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Inb4 you have perfect 20/20 vision

It's the thought that counts regardless

Luckily for them i need new glasses at some point. I've had my current glasses since 2006...

Finding the right frames is a nightmare though. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Luckily for them i need new glasses at some point. I've had my current glasses since 2006...

Finding the right frames is a nightmare though. 

I find most places are actually pretty helpful including of all places, Walmart. We've been to a lot of places, and maybe it was just luck of the draw but me and my sister really liked the dude at the Walmart eye-care center. He was energetic and really funny. Plus their prices were good and they accepted our insurance.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I find most places are actually pretty helpful including of all places, Walmart. We've been to a lot of places, and maybe it was just luck of the draw but me and my sister really liked the dude at the Walmart eye-care center. He was energetic and really funny. Plus their prices were good and they accepted our insurance.

Staff isn't an issue.. I'm just very picky. I hope to keep my next pair for as long as i've kept the ones i'm currently wearing.

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

No Supra in FM7? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-toyota

oh what the fuck. volkswagen i could understand why it wasn't included in fh3, but toyota not being in fm7? fml how can they forget a company that made some of the most iconic cars in the world?

8 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

does that also apply to my C2 :P

uh yeah actually. now that i think about it, maybe the cars on this thread are more varied than i used to think :P

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The fuck is a goathead? Do you mean burr/sticker?

these little fuckers.

Image result for goatheads

i call them goatheads because my running buddies did so, so it caught on. these fuckers are responsible for me wasting at least 30 bucks each month on tire tubes.

35 minutes ago, NinJake said:

The Toyotas will return as DLC for FM7.

My buddy has a MR2 and a 3.8 Genesis... the MR2 he's owned for ~6 years and it's the biggest pain in his rear end lol. He was talking about LS swapping the genesis as well.

I also agree with the new Subaru body styles, they just don't catch your eye like they used to. I reallllllly wish they would have continued the hatch WRXs. This was the deciding factor to go for the Focus ST as I bought a brand new car compared to risking buying a used WRX hatch with ~40-100k miles for nearly the same price... And you know the previous owners beat the living piss out of those cars.

wait how do you know toyota will return as a dlc? you got the inside scoop?

honestly i wished they took the newest hatch impreza and made it an sti that way. shit was cool back when subaru wasn't afraid to make fun cars. these days their driving experience is getting kinda sloppy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I'd have to find it... unless I was dreaming but I swear it was on a reddit post I saw yesterday in the /r/forza subreddit.

Yeah my good friend picked up a '14 WRX hatch in the Rally Blue color... that was another factor into me getting an ST over the WRX, it's a fun car but I'm actually still happy I went with the ST after driving the WRX.

18 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I'm actually still happy I went with the ST after driving the WRX.

Did you not like how the car felt?

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Did you not like how the car felt?

Well of course I liked the AWD push/pull but the interior itself seemed slapped together and more worth a 10k car rather than a 30k car. The handling was nice with such a low center boxer engine but going back to the price point of how much this car cost when it was available new... it just didn't compare to the nooks and crannies the ST has. The main thing the WRX hatch has in my opinion over any other hatch is the exterior body style. I very much love the look of it and the sound the sound of the engine.

The ST also gets better mpg :)

Just now, NinJake said:

Well of course I liked the AWD push/pull but the interior itself seemed slapped together and more worth a 10k car rather than a 30k car. The handling was nice with such a low center boxer engine but going back to the price point of how much this car cost when it was available new... it just didn't compare to the nooks and crannies the ST has. The main thing the WRX hatch has in my opinion over any other hatch is the exterior body style. I very much love the look of it and the sound the sound of the engine.

The ST also gets better mpg :)

Yeah the interior is what pushed me away initially from wrx's as well. The price and low MPG can be partially contributed to the fact that it has AWD 

31 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Yeah my good friend picked up a '14 WRX hatch in the Rally Blue color... that was another factor into me getting an ST over the WRX, it's a fun car but I'm actually still happy I went with the ST after driving the WRX.

There are three things that kept me from buying a WRX over the FoST:

1) The killed the hatch, and I was really in the market for a hatch instead of a sedan, just more practical.

2) Price, the WRX was going for MSRP at all the dealers I went to, so they were really pushing $30k vs the $21.5k I paid for my FoST.

3) You can't test drive one. No one within 500 miles had a new WRX sitting on the lot. You had to give them a $30k check, under the promise that you'll love it in 6-10 weeks when one shows up. I wasn't comfortable with that leap of faith. 

Overall I've been very happy with my FoST. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Technical question guys, if anyone would be so kind.

O2 sensor (O2S12, sensor2 post-cat) is pinned at 1.28V on turn-over and it takes 30 minutes of driving for it to snap out of this. Then it sort of follows the pre-cat sensor (O2S11) a bit until finally settling at 0,83V, but it still fluctuates. 

Could the catalytic converter be bad you think?

15 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

There are three things that kept me from buying a WRX over the FoST:

1) The killed the hatch, and I was really in the market for a hatch instead of a sedan, just more practical.

2) Price, the WRX was going for MSRP at all the dealers I went to, so they were really pushing $30k vs the $21.5k I paid for my FoST.

3) You can't test drive one. No one within 500 miles had a new WRX sitting on the lot. You had to give them a $30k check, under the promise that you'll love it in 6-10 weeks when one shows up. I wasn't comfortable with that leap of faith. 

Overall I've been very happy with my FoST. 

Could you have not gotten a hatch over its replacement? 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Could you have not gotten a hatch over its replacement? 

There was no 2016 WRX hatches. It wasn't offered. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

58 minutes ago, terrytek said:

uh yeah actually. now that i think about it, maybe the cars on this thread are more varied than i used to think :P

Tbf even in the club im part of only 2 of us have the trim my car is, its a citroen club and the other guys is a track car :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

There was no 2016 WRX hatches. It wasn't offered. 

I meant the older generation

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

I meant the older generation

I wanted a new car. I drive a lot of miles so buying something with 30-50k on it is just 30-50k sooner that I have to replace it. 

Plus I'm not a used car peasant :P  /s

4 hours ago, techswede said:

I'm just happy that they have the 87 skyline (R31) in there. And the Subaru Brat + SVX 

The vintage list is almost enough to make me waste money on another forza series game.

They have the Olds 442 and Opel GT among others. Its nice with some variety. 

Hell the 77 V8 Vantage is real enticing. And the DBR1. One of the prettiest cars ever made.

Will be interesting to see how people react to the supra not being in the game. 

Only one i'd be excited for is the A40. At least that'd be something new. 

First time the 01 Prelude has been in Forza since FM3 IIRC

So hyped

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

oh what the fuck. volkswagen i could understand why it wasn't included in fh3, but toyota not being in fm7? fml how can they forget a company that made some of the most iconic cars in the world?

these little fuckers.

Image result for goatheads

i call them goatheads because my running buddies did so, so it caught on. these fuckers are responsible for me wasting at least 30 bucks each month on tire tubes.

honestly i wished they took the newest hatch impreza and made it an sti that way. shit was cool back when subaru wasn't afraid to make fun cars. these days their driving experience is getting kinda sloppy.

Always heard those called briars 

Can't blame Subaru. Hatches don't sell like they used to. Sadly. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

First time the 01 Prelude has been in Forza since FM3 IIRC

So hyped

Always heard those called briars 

Can't blame Subaru. Hatches don't sell like they used to. Sadly. 

i've always called it goatheads because some resemble the shape of goat heads.

i miss the 80s and 90s (even though i didn't live through those times) because those were times when hatches sold like crazy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i miss the 80s and 90s (even though i didn't live through those times) because those were times when hatches sold like crazy.

It's weird that people dont like hatchbacks.... Everyone tells me how much they love the look of my car. I'd say something like "it's like the Miata, just unpractical", but hatchbacks are probably the most practical cars next to station wagons in terms of versatility.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Crossovers have you beat though because of ground clearance and awd. 

Who needs ground clearance?

20 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I'm sure we'll have a trend like that again. Hatches are picking up slowly but surely. Once again. 

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It's weird that people dont like hatchbacks.... Everyone tells me how much they love the look of my car. I'd say something like "it's like the Miata, just unpractical", but hatchbacks are probably the most practical cars next to station wagons in terms of versatility.

I love my wagon so much. I really hope it's back up by the 15th when I help my friend move 2 hours away. If not I'm using the Impala which doesn't even have folding rear seats. Plus I think wagons typically look better than their sedan counter parts. 

First photo is actually the parts car when I bought it

cgyth5uqi21z.jpg

20170727_195625.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It really is. My dad really likes wagons, and I'm sure he'll approve of my first car (Saab 9-5 wagon) because of course, it's a wagon, and i'm sure he'll love the practicality of one. Sadly though, he also likes crossovers too, and I'm trying not to get him to buy one, so I better pick up this wagon before he picks up a crossover.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'm sure we'll have a trend like that again. Hatches are picking up slowly but surely. Once again. 

I love my wagon so much. I really hope it's back up by the 15th when I help my friend move 2 hours away. If not I'm using the Impala which doesn't even have folding rear seats. Plus I think wagons typically look better than their sedan counter parts. 

First photo is actually the parts car when I bought it

I'm just glad some companies started selling their forbidden fruit in america now. We have now the Civic Type R hatch (is it really a hatch still? looks almost sedanlike), the Focus RS, and those are the really popular options that popped up in my head. Oh and Audi is bringing the RS3 even though it really isn't a hatch.

Wagons most of the time look much better than sedans. German wagons especially look better in wagon form than in sedan form. For me, i prefer the rs6, rs4, and e63 to be in wagon form over sedan form. you get the same power as the sedan, but much more practicality, though I wished mercedes continued the 2 rear facing third row seats from before in the e63.