Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

It really is. My dad really likes wagons, and I'm sure he'll approve of my first car (Saab 9-5 wagon) because of course, it's a wagon, and i'm sure he'll love the practicality of one. Sadly though, he also likes crossovers too, and I'm trying not to get him to buy one, so I better pick up this wagon before he picks up a crossover.

I'm just glad some companies started selling their forbidden fruit in america now. We have now the Civic Type R hatch (is it really a hatch still? looks almost sedanlike), the Focus RS, and those are the really popular options that popped up in my head. Oh and Audi is bringing the RS3 even though it really isn't a hatch.

Wagons most of the time look much better than sedans. German wagons especially look better in wagon form than in sedan form. For me, i prefer the rs6, rs4, and e63 to be in wagon form over sedan form. you get the same power as the sedan, but much more practicality, though I wished mercedes continued the 2 rear facing third row seats from before in the e63.

Tesla actually has a 3rd row rear facing seat option in the Model S

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

34 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i miss the 80s and 90s (even though i didn't live through those times) because those were times when hatches sold like crazy.

They still do here in the UK

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Tesla actually has a 3rd row rear facing seat option in the Model S

Now how would that possibly work in a sedan? You get stowed away in the trunk or something?

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

They still do here in the UK

Well duh, because small country needs a small car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

German wagons especially look better in wagon form than in sedan form.

They're all still kinda dull to me after three days.

Just now, terrytek said:

Now how would that possibly work in a sedan? You get stowed away in the trunk or something?

Well duh, because small country needs a small car.

I mean the Model S is more hatch than sedan

But essentially it does look like you're climbing out of the trunk. I remember a Reddit post a couple years ago that this guys neighbor called the cops on him because they thought he was making his kids ride in the trunk of the car everyday. Nope, kids just liked sitting facing the wrong way

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Not super roomy, but for kids it does work:

6fbc082806e8c94aaddeac06ae46ffae.jpg

Not the best for adults though:

2013_tesla_model-s_crg_lt_127143_600.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Model S has a lift gate. AFAIK its the same way its set up in the XC70. Can't fit a full size adult in there I don't think. I know you can't in the xc70. I've tried and it doesn't work. 

oh i thought the Model S was a normal sedan with a trunk, not a liftgate. guess it likes to fool me, kinda like how mazda fooled us with the mazda 6 liftback back in like 05 where it looked like a trunk but had a liftgate.

and are you talking about the new or old xc70? because new one only seats 5.

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I mean the Model S is more hatch than sedan

But essentially it does look like you're climbing out of the trunk. I remember a Reddit post a couple years ago that this guys neighbor called the cops on him because they thought he was making his kids ride in the trunk of the car everyday. Nope, kids just liked sitting facing the wrong way

to me it looks more sedan than hatch but i can see how it might work....?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Not super roomy, but for kids it does work:

Not the best for adults though:

Volvo had seats like that in the 745 and 945's 

hqdefault.jpg

Only time in my life when i ever got car sick. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

oh i thought the Model S was a normal sedan with a trunk, not a liftgate. guess it likes to fool me, kinda like how mazda fooled us with the mazda 6 liftback back in like 05 where it looked like a trunk but had a liftgate.

and are you talking about the new or old xc70? because new one only seats 5.

to me it looks more sedan than hatch but i can see how it might work....?

It looks sedan all the way. But due to the liftgate it's considered a hatch by the car industry, and I agree

Just now, NinJake said:

Bodies on the other hand....

Better have some window tint

I really want to go back to Canada at some point

I never realized how strong the Canada car scene was until I stumbled upon Lowcals last year. And I've wanted to head up for car things ever since

Carbon fiber turbochargers anyone?

valtonen-kolfiber-turboaggregat.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Saw the "Ready player one" trailer a while back. And it made me want this 

6.jpg

It would probably get beached on speedbumps. And would probably decapitate me in the event of a crash. But i dig it.

11 hours ago, vetali said:

I have no idea. Depends where I'm at. If I'm still at my current job, likely a shitbox. If I get this job at a high end shop then maybe something kewl. Looking at WRXs right now. Maybe Mustang GT. 

STI STI STI STI STI STI!

Edit: Then we can be Subie bros

Just now, byalexandr said:

STI STI STI STI STI STI!

Edit: Then we can be Subie bros

I'll be there someday

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'll be there someday

and then we will have duplicate STI's and Fost's and Miata's.....

PHOTOSHOOT

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

35 minutes ago, techswede said:

Carbon fiber turbochargers anyone?

valtonen-kolfiber-turboaggregat.jpg

@Real_PhillBert thoughts?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

PHOTOSHOOT

I'll just have to pull a @vinyldash303 and do a lap of the country

Photos with everyone

13 hours ago, terrytek said:

they're still miatas. and maybe i might be forgetting a few, but i'm sure there are dupes out there.

NA and NB are way closer than NB and NC miatas 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, TVwazhere said:

@Real_PhillBert thoughts?

Unless I missed some big development in epoxy resins, that can't be real. Most of the resins I'm familiar with start breaking down about 700 degrees or so, I know this looks like its just the cold side, but still... I'm skeptical. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

PHOTOSHOOT

don't forget saab 9-5 wagons soon :D

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'll just have to pull a @vinyldash303 and do a lap of the country

Photos with everyone

fuck yeah come to cali we got all the good shit too

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

NA and NB are way closer than NB and NC miatas 

i suppose but to me, a miata's a miata. they're still lighter than the average car, and they still use the same drivetrain layout, so really.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Naw...

bro i think your internet's fuckey.

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Unless I missed some big development in epoxy resins, that can't be real. Most of the resins I'm familiar with start breaking down about 700 degrees or so, I know this looks like its just the cold side, but still... I'm skeptical. 

I wonder if it's like "brushed aluminum" plastic panels on PC cases. Just a different material (in this case steel probably) treated/etched to make it look like a higher quality material....