Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

Car I'm probably getting, just waiting for my dad to get back from work since I need a cosigner.

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/wow/vehicle/1FAHP3F28CL347254

I test drove it, very nice. Shifts well, really quiet, good audio and it gets up pretty quick.

you got so soft :P but what happened to an mr2?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

34 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

You also need a v4. 

Handily those can be found in Saab 96s :P

Dont forget the H4 and H6 and 2 and 3 rotor rotary. 

3 minutes ago, try2topdat said:

I totally forgot to mention boxer engines and rotaries. Even though I grew up absolutely loving the WRX and RX7

They're definitely on my list. But I forgot to mention it.

So many cars, so little time

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Out of these two which do you guys think is overall a better package?

2014-2015 Impala LS/1LT

or

2013-2015 Optima LX/EX

I guess I would add a third option if that was an option and say 2016-2017 Malibu Premier. But that's too expensive lol.

I guess for practicality and cost the 2013-2015 Optimas win. I almost feel the base Optima has more features than the base Impala. I'm probably wrong though lol.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

@iDeFecZx Yellow foglight gang

God I just want to drive my car

20170724_190239[1].jpg

Ayy, mine really need redoing but the fuckers wont come out the bumper cause the bolts are seized.

Looks good, yellow definitely looks better on some cars

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 hours ago, try2topdat said:

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I totally forgot to mention boxer engines and rotaries. Even though I grew up absolutely loving the WRX and RX7

They're definitely on my list. But I forgot to mention it.

So many cars, so little time

Yeah, and VR engines and W engines too. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Interview went well it seems. Will hear back in two weeks if I get it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

14 hours ago, techswede said:

Any idea as to what broke?

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

oh no!!!!!!!! Gosh man... That's terrible.. :(

I hope it turns out less worse than it seemed...

O_O

14 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Blown euro motor gang ?

In all reality I'm sorry to see that. Seems very familiar. Just driving along, and RPMs fully cut. You drained your oil yet?

There is metal in the oil, which is never a good sign. Not sure what killed it yet, but it is dead. I'm looking to source a new motor now. Factory rebuilts are in the 12-16k range. Used are in the 9-12k range

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

12 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

TIL Stock Evo 8 intercoolers bolt right up to a 9-5 and of course will outperform a stock 9-5 intercooler. Interesting.

i honestly never had seen anything about this .... it seriously fits? xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

10 minutes ago, paps511 said:

There is metal in the oil, which is never a good sign. Not sure what killed it yet, but it is dead. I'm looking to source a new motor now. Factory rebuilts are in the 12-16k range. Used are in the 9-12k range

:o that's a lot of miatas 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Oooo! The 2018 Mustang GTs will be 460hp and do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, according to Ford. I get that the autos are faster, but I'd still buy the manual.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10351073/2018-ford-mustang-gt-horsepower-acceleration-specs/

For 2018, the Mustang gets all sorts of welcome improvements. We're especially excited that the GT Performance Package will get magnetic dampers similar to those on the GT350, and sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires.

Also the Performance Pack will get the magnetic suspension out of the GT350s. Much goodness. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Oooo! The 2018 Mustang GTs will be 460hp and do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, according to Ford. I get that the autos are faster, but I'd still buy the manual.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10351073/2018-ford-mustang-gt-horsepower-acceleration-specs/

Also the Performance Pack will get the magnetic suspension out of the GT350s. Much goodness. 

Seems the Ecoboost gets more boost too. 

Yay so now instead of blowing the engine by tuning it yourself, it comes pretuned for optimized rod-throwing FROM THE FACTORY :D

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Seems the Ecoboost gets more boost too. 

Yay so now instead of blowing the engine by tuning it yourself, it comes pretuned for optimized rod-throwing FROM THE FACTORY :D

The GT is really the only mustang to buy. 

I never understood why people got all excited about the ecoboost mustangs, but I have trouble blaming ford for people blowing up their engines after they tuned them. Poor tunes are always incredibly dangerous.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

this is why phones should be banned :P 

i wish we could ban stupid people .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

20 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The GT is really the only mustang to buy. 

I never understood why people got all excited about the ecoboost mustangs, but I have trouble blaming ford for people blowing up their engines after they tuned them. Poor tunes are always incredibly dangerous.

Yeah. I'm just iffy about that 2.3 though... Always have been. It's cursed lol

But give me a 2018 GT with a manual with the performance pack and that's a pretty fun track car :)

That said I wouldn't spend that much on a track car... At least not out of the box

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah. I'm just iffy about that 2.3 though... Always have been. It's cursed lol

But give me a 2018 GT with a manual with the performance pack and that's a pretty fun track car :)

That said I wouldn't spend that much on a track car...

Yeah that's how I'd option one as well. But like you I wouldnt spend $45k on a track car. On a summer weekend fun car, maybe though. ;)

46 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Oooo! The 2018 Mustang GTs will be 460hp and do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, according to Ford.*

*With the auto and using Drag Mode

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

*With the auto and using Drag Mode

Drag mode sounds analogous to "sport mode" in most auto cars, and autos are almost always faster 0-60 these days. 

8 hours ago, wcreek said:

Out of these two which do you guys think is overall a better package?

2014-2015 Impala LS/1LT

or

2013-2015 Optima LX/EX

I guess I would add a third option if that was an option and say 2016-2017 Malibu Premier. But that's too expensive lol.

I guess for practicality and cost the 2013-2015 Optimas win. I almost feel the base Optima has more features than the base Impala. I'm probably wrong though lol.

what about a mazda 6? better looking car, and probably more loaded for the price than those two, and potentially more reliable. oh, and a much more fun fwd car than those two.

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

damn. is that factory? and here i keep thinking 400hp out of a v8 was a lot.

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's even more shocking when this happens about 20-25 miles from my home. it's scary.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 hours ago, wcreek said:

Any other reason that maybe a Turbo?

Avoid the 1.4 turbo. Exploding ringlands.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

damn. is that factory? and here i keep thinking 400hp out of a v8 was a lot.

Yeah that's factory. Current Mustang GTs are 435hp, and current GT350s are 526hp. 

If you believe motortrend the new 2019 GT500 will be 680hp from the same 5L coyote with a supercharger.

10 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Yeah that's factory. Current Mustang GTs are 435hp, and current GT350s are 526hp. 

If you believe motortrend the new 2019 GT500 will be 680hp from the same 5L coyote with a supercharger.

gt500? why wasn't it introduced with the current generation a couple years back? but is this basically the camaro zl1 direct competitor i guess? because power figures are kinda similar.