Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Eh. We're here being lowlifes without lives together

love.jpeg

Although i really need to get some cleaning done.. But what do we say to the god of productivity.. Not today

i still have to finish my ap government homework, which basically consists of a 2 page essay about a political book, which i need to start, and about 30 questions straight from the economics book. none of which actually pertains to ap government.

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm getting a set of these for my driver's seat. 

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=647039

IMG_4505.jpg

i'm assuming it lowers the seating position while keeping the stock seats?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i still have to finish my ap government homework, which basically consists of a 2 page essay about a political book, which i need to start, and about 30 questions straight from the economics book. none of which actually pertains to ap government.

Well. Keep at it. School might suck at times but Good grades = Good job, Good job = Good pay. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

IMG_4505.jpg

1 1/4" drop of the seat will be soooooo nice. Maybe the steering wheel won't be in my lap anymore lol

And I love how he optimized it for people who are 6' which is my height. Couldn't have worked out better. 

Will that mess with your Autocross class? You may have to do both so they don't hassle you I'd imagine

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, terrytek said:

i'm assuming it lowers the seating position while keeping the stock seats?

Not just the position, it physically locates the seat to basically as low as it can go

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Will that mess with your Autocross class? You may have to do both so they don't hassle you I'd imagine

Idk...on a technical level I'm using the stock seat still so I don't think it would matter much 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Welp. Saab is going to a shop (owned by step-father) for the engine to be pulled. So I'll only have one dead Saab in my driveway. Need to just get the brake assembly, shifter, and trans out of the parts car before that goes also

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Idk...on a technical level I'm using the stock seat still so I don't think it would matter much 

I'm just used to rules being hella strict. I feel like they'd give you crap for seats being different heights

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

1 1/4" drop of the seat will be soooooo nice. Maybe the steering wheel won't be in my lap anymore lol

And I love how he optimized it for people who are 6' which is my height. Couldn't have worked out better. 

Forwarded this to my buddy who's got a Miata (thats his car and dog)

Greg Lightner's portrait.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Welp. Saab is going to a shop (owned by step-father) for the engine to be pulled. So I'll only have one dead Saab in my driveway. Need to just get the brake assembly, shifter, and trans out of the parts car before that goes also

Go through the parts car front to back and grab everything you can store. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Go through the parts car front to back and grab everything you can store. 

I will for sure, just those other parts are on my list to keep. I've got most things I can out of it already

18 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

welp today i learned orion actually has a girlfriend. all this time i thought he was too busy hooning to find a girl.

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Not just the position, it physically locates the seat to basically as low as it can go

so basically more comfort? and speaking of seats, how comfortable are those seats? if they're really comfortable, i might see if they fit in a protege, because cloth seats are fine, but they're just stiff.

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

parts car going to shop or your daily?

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

Well. Keep at it. School might suck at times but Good grades = Good job, Good job = Good pay. 

taking 3 ap classes (ap calculus, ap government, ap physics rip me) this year, so basically i might go insane before i even go on winter break.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

welp today i learned orion actually has a girlfriend. all this time i thought he was too busy hooning to find a girl.

so basically more comfort? and speaking of seats, how comfortable are those seats? if they're really comfortable, i might see if they fit in a protege, because cloth seats are fine, but they're just stiff.

parts car going to shop or your daily?

taking 3 ap classes (ap calculus, ap government, ap physics rip me) this year, so basically i might go insane before i even go on winter break.

Orion was dating Jonah for years, still weird to see him dating someone else

The daily. Still need to rip parts off the parts car before it goes to scrap

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Orion was dating Jonah for years, still weird to see him dating someone else

The daily. Still need to rip parts off the parts car before it goes to scrap

so is it like fully scrapped including doors and such? or like what? i mean i'd keep body panels too, you never know when things go wrong and you need a spare door and such. i mean there's stuff that won't work, like the trunk and such, but i'm sure wagon and sedan body panels are shared, right? and what about suspension?

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Those three classes.

Bleh 

Bleh

Yay

Holds flashlight under chin to illuminate face in a menacing way

When you move on from school you only get four weeks of vacation! *Lightning and thunder in the background*

On the topic of adulting.

Just paid my bills. I get to keep the camaro for another month. 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

so is it like fully scrapped including doors and such? or like what? i mean i'd keep body panels too, you never know when things go wrong and you need a spare door and such. i mean there's stuff that won't work, like the trunk and such, but i'm sure wagon and sedan body panels are shared, right? and what about suspension?

Wagon and sedan suspension are different, rear on the wagon would sag.

Just don't have a place to store the doors, hood is scratched to hell. Plus I'll get more money with them on the parts car

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Wagon and sedan suspension are different, rear on the wagon would sag.

Just don't have a place to store the doors, hood is scratched to hell. Plus I'll get more money with them on the parts car

bumpers? and maybe store it in a place where there's not a lot of human traffic? and maybe first offer the chassis on craigslist or something, you never know, maybe there's someone willing to completely restore the chassis.

Just now, terrytek said:

bumpers? and maybe store it in a place where there's not a lot of human traffic? and maybe first offer the chassis on craigslist or something, you never know, maybe there's someone willing to completely restore the chassis.

I have the bumpers off the car already. Chassis has been listed since beginning of June. Nobody wants this thing. It's so rusty it's not worth it. I've legit tried to give it away to Saab people

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I have the bumpers off the car already. Chassis has been listed since beginning of June. Nobody wants this thing. It's so rusty it's not worth it. I've legit tried to give it away to Saab people

alright i guess you really have no choice. but it's so sad seeing potentially good cars being sent off to the scrapyard. like i've seen nice bmws sitting in scrapyards that just need a quick restore and they're running great again, it kinda breaks my heart seeing good cars in scrapyards, even those with just frames. good project cars.

Just now, terrytek said:

alright i guess you really have no choice. but it's so sad seeing potentially good cars being sent off to the scrapyard. like i've seen nice bmws sitting in scrapyards that just need a quick restore and they're running great again, it kinda breaks my heart seeing good cars in scrapyards, even those with just frames. good project cars.

There's no interior, more rust than frame, and an engine with rodknock. The paint is a gorgeous color. But that's all it has going for it anymore

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

There's no interior, more rust than frame, and an engine with rodknock. The paint is a gorgeous color. But that's all it has going for it anymore

like how bad is the rust? i could understand it if it's literally coating every surface.

39 minutes ago, techswede said:

Holds flashlight under chin to illuminate face in a menacing way

When you move on from school you only get four weeks of vacation! *Lightning and thunder in the background*

I had 2 weeks of "summer" vacation this year.

Though June is more like glorified spring in this part of the world.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

I had 2 weeks of "summer" vacation this year.

Though June is more like glorified spring in this part of the world.

I'm saving my vacation for mid-winter. Why enjoy a really hot summer when its summer here when you can travel to somewhere hot when its cold as balls outside.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

yuma? at least tell me if i'm getting warmer or not.

You're not. You'll see why Saturday.

53 minutes ago, techswede said:

On the topic of adulting.

Just paid my bills. I get to keep the camaro for another month. 

Adulting sucks.