EA Wants to Get Rid of Fair Matchmaking to Focus on Player Spending & Engagement with Psycological Manipulation

AlTech

#FrackMP

#SavePlayerWon

Y'all remember when most MP was just a potentially cool tacked-on experience to a single player campaign done for shits and giggles?

27 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

#FrackMP

#SavePlayerWon

Y'all remember when most MP was just a potentially cool tacked-on experience to a single player campaign done for shits and giggles?

On the one hand, Bethesda is pulling their own bullshit with Creation Club updates and regularly forcing updates to F4SE by patching really minor bugs one at a time. On the other hand, Lynda Carter.

Dammit, I am actually looking forward to playing Anthem but...

Then again, it will be a co-op so a bit less risky but who knows.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

They've designed a manipulative algorithm which aims to manipulate the consumer into spending money they would not have otherwise have spent.

Credits for the image go to YongYea, 1 of the sources for this.

d9a0ffde-978e-4e99-9c96-c71bfc58af3f.png

The idea is fairly similar to Activision's idea in that both would match novice players against expert players.

And in EA's idea, at the end of the match, the game would show the item to the novice player. If the novice player purchases the item then they'd be placed in a session where the purchased item is ideal to create an artificial sense of satisfaction/reward or justification that the item was a good purchase.

This is of course very similar to Activision's ideas and hopefully Activision and EA go to court over this so that we don't have either implementation in a game for a while.

[...]

Source:

What you wrote does neither add up with your source nor with the source of your source.

What you described here is Activision's System (which is also referenced to in your source) and not EA's which only are EOMM and DDA.

Maybe pay attention to your sources next time.

Sorry for my bad english.

I remember people saying VALVe's CSGO matchmaking was unfair xD

I don't remember the last time I even played something by either EA or Activision...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Good thing I have no friends and for that reason shy away from multiplayer-games. There's an upside to everything I guess. 

This sounds too stupid to be true. How gullible do EA think people are? If this doesnt make people stop supporting EA I dont know what would?

38 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

Good thing I have no friends and for that reason shy away from multiplayer-games. There's an upside to everything I guess. 

This sounds too stupid to be true. How gullible do EA think people are? If this doesnt make people stop supporting EA I dont know what would?

Most of the people were reduced into mere sheep's who have short memory and accept almost anything without thinking...

Wasent this posted like, months ago? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

44 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

EA don't think everyones gullible, They Know a small amount is and it what their targeting it towards. The ones who want a false sense of being a good player just because they got a Micro-Transaction locked weapon or equipment. This is primarily targeted at the ones that WANT to be Good or can't accept be a BAD player.  

12 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Most of the people were reduced into mere sheep's who have short memory and accept almost anything without thinking...

That happens due to them being a BIG Company they kinda have that power to have people follow them blindly thinking all their releases will be great. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed the Battlefield Series they release but I wouldn't really touch any of their sport games (No my cup of tea really). Battlefront II Maybe more just to laugh at it (Won't get unless it's lower than £20 which I wouldn't be surprised about the game price was cut in half after the holidays)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

I remember people saying VALVe's CSGO matchmaking was unfair xD

Wouldn't Call unfair.... More just not diverse. Not trying to be rude started up CS in like 3 months my first 5 games all had Russians screaming at each other and Me :/ 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Wasent this posted like, months ago? 

One was posted Months ago to do with Activisions one this I supposedly EA's version of that :/ 

1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

Dammit, I am actually looking forward to playing Anthem but...

Then again, it will be a co-op so a bit less risky but who knows.

Anthem is supposedly a Ironed out version of a open world FPS. So think of Division mixed with Halo (Kinda looks like halo armour IMO) mixed with a post apocalypse environment. I Personally didn't like the E3 trailer of it more because of the *cough*  Bad scripted acting *cough* but the game looks decent, Been designed by Bioware which they ended up sacrificing Mass Effect Andromeda for it to be born. Soo your gonna know or well I hope they have their looting and gear thing bobs. You know what I mean..... 

Only problem that game is getting negative beef because of EA which I don't exactly find fair. I understand but still....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

You know what? Screw multiplayer games.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Nope. Not Lootboxes.

All indications point to Micro-transactions.

Dark-Nights-Metal-3-7.jpeg

Haha it's pretty pathetic really. Feeding of weak minded people, really sad. Really sad is also when I see for something new where people say "can't wait to buy everything" as in ingame shit, lootboxes etc. and how many upvotes. Terrible.

It's like these games are not even about gameplay anymore but just crack addict skins taking over the attention. Now also the second thing where if a player is losing it becomes easier like what? I guess it already supports todays weak mentality of people that want to play online multiplayer games in competing manner but they want to win without effort.

But yeah, in the end, it's the people that feed the machine.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

does this mean the end of server browsing?  I mean, it seems to me that for these schemes to work well they would need to totally control matchmaking and not let the players payers choose where they want to play.

Rock On!

11 hours ago, Notional said:

People who buy EA games deserve it.

No they don't. Think about how many people are still unaware. Those who buy EA games, knowing full and well that they're going to be manipulated into spending more money on a game they already spent money on, you could argue that they deserve it. But a ton of people either are kids not old enough to stand up for themselves or are just unaware that this is happening and pick up an EA game.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

38 minutes ago, BroliviaWilde said:

does this mean the end of server browsing?  I mean, it seems to me that for these schemes to work well they would need to totally control matchmaking and not let the players payers choose where they want to play.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

yea, saw it on a Jim Sterling video from awhile back, was wondering if someone got that reference :)

Rock On!

Suddenly my old favorite World of Tanks doesn't seem so bad of a game.

Let them do it, it's their games, just don't buy them if you have problems with their policy. 

It's like everyone forgot about this:

HERE COMES EA TO BRING THE HEAT!!!

So is this why the battlefront 2 matchmaking is so garbage?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

9 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

#FrackMP

#SavePlayerWon

I wonder if lack of decent single player games is what is partly driving interest in retro gaming? If you want to do MP, do with the people on the sofa next to you.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:31 PM, Monkey Dust said:

If you want to do MP, do with the people on the sofa next to you.

That's great for Mario Kart, but many MP titles pretty much require going full-out LAN party so everyone gets their own screen.  Harder to do, sucks a lot of the "spontaneous fun(?)" out of it.  The crazy thing is TV screens are way the heck bigger and much higher rez than they ever were back in the days where having your buddies over to game on the console doing split screen "fun" was the thing.  I'm probably just an old fogey that doesn't get it, but a bit surprised that there aren't more player 2 local co-op/MP options in games these days.

Both Local and online MP have their pluses, just too bad that there's soo much BS going on with these games that are primarily online MP.

Just waiting for the day Nintendo forces Mario kart to be online MP so they can sell Ralphie the "Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle" DLC add-on weapon elite pack to mount on Yoshi's kart for only $7.95* 

(*When you have $50/yr unobtainium level subscription.  conditions apply.  see someone who gives a shit for details.  Not us; someone else, like fellow forum members who have to take shots in the dark and guess at what the details are.)

Didn't Activision already patent this?  So are they going to license it to EA, or are they going to sue them?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.