• Me & very close friends
    • Me & Selective Family members
    • Me & all family members in-house
    • don't have a password
    • work friends
    • My imaginary friend
    • Everyone
    • On Trust Basis

If you shared your password with anyone, it's not secure.

So me myself and I.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I typically keep stuff to myself. Why should other people know?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

My passwords are pretty much mine only.

I think, though, in case something happened to me, like I died or was permanently incapacitated, I'd want a way for my family to get my passwords so they could do whatever is necessary after my departure from this life.  I wouldn't want it accessible while I still am functional / alive, though.

tbh I'm shocked anyone even thought to ask this.  It would never have occurred to me anyone would do anything but keep them to themselves.  I mean, if you're going to share it why bother having one in the first place?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I keep my passwords to myself. I don't have one on my phone. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

my passwords are all me, only 1 or 2 older ones are written down or known by my parents.  

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

39 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

tbh I'm shocked anyone even thought to ask this.  It would never have occurred to me anyone would do anything but keep them to themselves.  I mean, if you're going to share it why bother having one in the first place?

you trust someone but not most people, like a brother or sister (I have one and she get to know nothing). 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I only share Netflix & Amazon Video.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

for me it's trust basis & restricted access to those i trust, you know kinda like a house key policy where only people close to me know where i've kept it & or has a copy of it can get in anytime they want to or in need  . But deters strangers or others trying to snoop in.

Details separate people.

14 hours ago, Majsterek said:

If you loos your phone how the hell they are going to give it back to you if they cannoit call any of your reletives mum dad etc. If they want to steal it they just wipe it . 

If I loose my phone I can just log in to my Google account on a computer and make a message show up like "call xxxxxxxx if you find this" on lock screen.

Hell, I can make it a big green button with text "Click this button to call the owner" or something on the lock screen.
I can also see where it is, or where it last was connected to internet.

Can even just clean the phone for information if the finders arent willing to give it back and its too far away for me to take with someone I now and confront them.

(this is just standard Google thing)

I have never actually lost my phone before btw.

My passwords are only mine.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

No one knows them, because what else would be the point of a password?

13 hours ago, heimdali said:

The question is wrong.  A password policy is not about giving your password to someone else; that´s out of the question to begin with.

Password policies are about when passwords expire, whether they can be re-used, how long they can be, what characters they may and must include and stuff like that.

Expected a thread about this when clicking on it and thought it was weird how some people would just give out that info..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I keep all system passwords to myself with my passwords also being available through my encrypted password keeper (Dashlane). Even at home, I have my Windows 10 set to password lock when my cell phone leaves my study. And it unlocks with the Yubi key.  But at 53 I also have to consider things for when I "shed this mortal coil" so I have attached instructions, and my master password within the safe that is kept with my Lawyer.

I don't even write down my passwords, the last time I didn't use a password was for a school device. Long story short I came back to it with the wallpaper being two men doing some activity I'm not fond of as a straight male. If you'd like to know, every account has a different password that I can barely remember. Good luck, you'd need it.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Only me and my BF.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I share with no one. I use LastPass where I have 30-character long psuedo random passwords of all sites and services that I use, except for my email account. My master password and password for email are so long, i havent even memorized them completely yet, though I know how to "get them" when I need them. xD

I will only give someone my password if I want them to have access to what I am giving them or if someone really needs my computer for something.  If I don't want anyone to know my password for something I'll just change it, it doesn't bother me.

My main desktop has a password only I know, my mac has a different password only I know, my other windows box has no password. For online passwords, I don't even know most of them. I use KeePass.

Space is pretty awesome.