Looking for a new office chair for long seating sessions.

Hello my partner's chair just went kaput so we are in the market for something new. I personally have the Ergochair 2 from Autonomous AI and saw their new chair and was interested. Issue being is I went on to their website to find their prices decently inflated since the last time I was there and now with an option to pay in crypto too. They are now also selling a ton of other brand chairs and even gaming chairs. All of this has me a little hesitant to buy from them now. Does anyone know what happened or if this is a nothing burger situation? As well, would anyone have any recommendations? 

Budget Max: 550$
Budget Pref: 400$
My partner is a clean freak so used seating is kind of worrying her, so if can be new that would be great. 

See if you can find a used Herman Miller Aeron. They're easy to clean since they don't use foam rubber padding, and they're designed as task chairs to be used for long sessions at a time. They're expensive, but damn nice.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I'm a 260lb, 5'8" dude and I use SitOnIt's Novo Task Chair with no complaints! Several hours at work, several hours at home gaming/watching anime and I feel great.

https://www.officechairsus.com/novo-wfh-high-back-mesh-task-chair/

I use to own the IKEA Markus but I found it too tall, and the seating too sweaty. But when I was in college (and much less heavy) it was amazing.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

On 5/6/2024 at 2:58 PM, Needfuldoer said:

See if you can find a used Herman Miller Aeron. They're easy to clean since they don't use foam rubber padding, and they're designed as task chairs to be used for long sessions at a time. They're expensive, but damn nice.

Was looking into those, Im hoping wee can get lucky on liquidations since we live in the state both Steelcase and Herman are made in lol.

On 5/6/2024 at 4:24 PM, saintlouisbagels said:

I'm a 260lb, 5'8" dude and I use SitOnIt's Novo Task Chair with no complaints! Several hours at work, several hours at home gaming/watching anime and I feel great.

https://www.officechairsus.com/novo-wfh-high-back-mesh-task-chair/

I use to own the IKEA Markus but I found it too tall, and the seating too sweaty. But when I was in college (and much less heavy) it was amazing.

Ohhhhhh that is a nifty looking chair. I will show it to her, thank you.