Nintendo Switch Mario Odyssey Bundle.

GoodBytes

Nintendo announced in its Nintendo Direct event that was held earlier today, that they'll be releasing for this holiday season the Nintendo Switch Mario Odyssey edition bundle.

dims.thumb.jpg.2e4dd9913ab92bee3a106d844b063b34.jpg

The bundle, includes:

• Switch system with all the accessories the systems comes with. (1x Joycon grip, 2x Joycon straps, HDMI cable, dock, power adapter)
  • Mario Red Joycons
  • Mario Odyssey themed carrying case for the Switch system
  • Mario Odyssey game (digital download code)

Image2.png.d2c7cbd8b9d71564a2a9be2ebef271a3.png

The bundle will cost $379.99 US. That is about ~$20 US savings then buying everything separately (basically a free carrying case), and you won't have the red Joycons if you care for this.

The bundle will be released October 27th, the same time as Mario Odyssey is released.

Source: https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/13/mario-odyssey-bundle/

If you are interested in getting the Switch, but don't care about the bundle, the good news, is that it should help you get the Switch non-bundled version, as sales will split for getting this one.

Great games are coming or out for the system such as: L.A Noire, Doom, Wolfenstein II, Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Mario Kart Deluxe, Worms W.M.D, Square Enix Project Octopath Traveler (working title) and Lost Sphear, Mario Odyssey of course, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Arms, Splatoon 2, Skyrim: Nintendo Switch Edition, amongst other

Sales may be split, but manufacturing will be too :P They'll have to pull Switches that they've made off the line to put in to this bundle

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Still cheaper than some stand alone units being gauged by dipsticks on Ebay.

still going towait for a "New" Switch model. Not gonna make the same mistake twice

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

still going towait for a "New" Switch model. Not gonna make the same mistake twice

I'm in the same boat...I haven't owned a Nintendo device before. Do you have any idea how long it usually takes them to update models? 

5 minutes ago, GooDBoY920 said:

I'm in the same boat...I haven't owned a Nintendo device before. Do you have any idea how long it usually takes them to update models? 

not anytime soon when they cant even make enough for holiday season. maybe another year or 2?

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

I'll be very surprised if they update this like the 3DS.  That was their mobile line, descended from the GameBoy, DS, etc.   The Switch, while also portable, is their main console, like the NES, gamecube, etc. and so I wouldn't expect a minor refresh, just a completely new thing when they finally feel it's time.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'll be very surprised if they update this like the 3DS.  That was their mobile line, descended from the GameBoy, DS, etc.   The Switch, while also portable, is their main console, like the NES, gamecube, etc. and so I wouldn't expect a minor refresh, just a completely new thing when they finally feel it's time.

i think it will happen, not only because of the 3DS, but also because it seems to be the trend where the console market is going.

So i'll wait for that switch that can run BotW as fluidly as my PC (not piracy if i own the game and console, console being the wiiu)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

I wonder if they are going to sell the joycons as their own thing two (im sick of the gray ones)

College student getting his Information Systems Degree, Furry, Gamer, Amateur Poet

Luna

Intel Core i9 7940x, Custom Water Loop, EVGA x299 Micro, 4x8 GB kit of Gskill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti, 3 Tb's of SSD storage, 5TB HDD, 850 Watt EVGA Supernova g3, all inside a black and purple r1 from Parvum Systems

Laptops:

Anubis: Powerspec 1510 (sager NP8157)

Lucario: Razer Blade Stealth v4 (base model) this is my daily driver

42 minutes ago, Shodapop98 said:

I wonder if they are going to sell the joycons as their own thing two (im sick of the gray ones)

We don't know yet, but looking at Splatoon 2 and the Neon Red/Blue colors, they are available as separate purchase, so it might be.

Alternatively, you can get replacement shells of all sorts of colors (white, transparent, green, and many others) if you have the screwdriver bit to take apart the joy cons. You can find some colors shells on Aliexpress or Amazon. However, it is isn't a process that is easy to do due to the packed content in the joycons, just a heads up. I haven't done it, but you can find YouTube videos of people who did.

[update]

I am not sure if it is the same Red, but you have red ones (not sure if Red or Neon Red) this:

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

but also because it seems to be the trend where the console market is going.

When has Nintendo EVER followed a trend in the market xD

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

i think it will happen, not only because of the 3DS, but also because it seems to be the trend where the console market is going.

So i'll wait for that switch that can run BotW as fluidly as my PC (not piracy if i own the game and console, console being the wiiu)

what do you mean "as fluidly as my PC"?... do you know something I don't?

I think this is the first time I've seen Mario with hair and not wearing his cap xD. How is nobody talking about this?!

On a side note, good bundle in my opinion, I don't own a switch, but I may pick one up for Christmas, If non-bundle switch is discounted.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Probably running on Dolphin, BotW Wii U edition :dry:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/this-is-what-emulated-breath-of-the-wild-looks-like-at-4k-resolution/

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

3 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

omg I didn't realize this was possible... I may look into that and if I like what I see, I have no problem paying full price for it

Edit: rip, they still haven't broken the 30 fps lock... well maybe some day 

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

25 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yes... but community guideline prevent me of mentioning about this "emulation" thingy going around the wiiu 

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

omg I didn't realize this was possible... I may look into that and if I like what I see, I have no problem paying full price for it

Edit: rip, they still haven't broken the 30 fps lock... well maybe some day 

already have, there are guides on youtube I've simply followed one of those

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

yes... but community guideline prevent me of mentioning about this "emulation" thingy going around the wiiu 

You're allowed to mention in (like in the news article I referenced), just can't specifically give instructions to how to do it or give instructions on how to pirate the game data.

4 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

You're allowed to mention in (like in the news article I referenced), just can't specifically give instructions to how to do it or give instructions on how to pirate the game data.

Particularly the piracy aspect is one we have to avoid.

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Already have what?  Got it to 60+ fps?

23 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

What hardware do you use to run it? I have i5 4690 & r9 380x and the fps hovers in the 20s.

16 hours ago, GooDBoY920 said:

What hardware do you use to run it? I have i5 4690 & r9 380x and the fps hovers in the 20s.

I5 6500 and R9 390

45 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I5 6500 and R9 390

That's awesome. Which one perform better? Cemu or Dolphin?

Just now, GooDBoY920 said:

That's awesome. Which one perform better? Cemu or Dolphin?

so far: cemu for me

Hmmmm, tempting, but waiting to see if Nintendo does a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 bundle.  They finally announced a release date for that game.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU