EK M.2 Heat Sinks and EK FG accessories.

The Benjamins

EK is releasing a heat sink for M.2 Drives to help with some of them heating up to much and to make them look cooler.

EK-M.2_NVMe_Heatsink_Group_2-1500x1000.j

Pricing is $13 for Black, $15 for nickel.

EK Water Blocks, the Slovenia-based premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is releasing a passive heatsink for M.2 NVMe Next Generation Form Factor SSDs. Although it’s not a water cooling part, it is a much needed aesthetical and functional heatsink for many PC owners. It is not a secret that M.2 NVMe SSDs can overheat very easily and be subdued to thermal throttling, thus losing performance. The heatsink brings 8-11°C improvement in SSDs temperatures, or even more with sufficient air flow.

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-releasing-m-2-nvme-heatsink-next-generation-form-factor-ssds/

EK is offically adding more accessories and upgrades for the Fluid Gaming line of aluminium kits.

They are adding Radiator upgrade kites (240mm, 360mm will come out at the end of july and 140mm fan versions coming later this year)

They are adding angled fittings (45, 90)

They will be selling the GPU block separately and will make more for AMD and Nvidia reference cards.

Flui_Gaming_05-1.jpg

Flui_Gaming_06-2.jpg

EK Water Blocks, the market leader in PC custom liquid cooling, is announcing the first expansion of its new brand created for PC gamers called EK Fluid Gaming. Bringing the best price/performance ratio imaginable, EK Fluid Gaming is already becoming a number one choice for many gamers who want to join the ultimate liquid cooling club in the world!

Following the release of EK Fluid Gaming kits, many of you have asked us about the availability of separate aluminum parts. You can rest assured, we are officially announcing the first expansion of the EK Fluid Gaming lineup today! And more will follow in the near future!

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-fluid-gaming-portfolio-expansion-announcement/

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

The M.2 heatsinks look cool, but I dont think they will be very effective. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

The M.2 heatsinks look cool, but I dont think they will be very effective. 

Ya they do look nice, they state a 8-11c improvement. which can help with the NVME drives that like to get too hot. 

That's a pretty good price and they look very nice.

Now to convince myself I don't need them xD

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Ya they do look nice, they state a 8-11c improvement. which can help with the NVME drives that like to get too hot. 

Which is interesting because black stuff tends to be more expensive in my experience for the sake of being black. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They are also teasing the EK-MLC which will be their new AIO with a more modular approach.

More information about the anticipated EK-MLC will be revealed soon!

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Which is interesting because black stuff tends to be more expensive in my experience for the sake of being black. 

I think it is because the cost of Nickel plating versus painting.

Wow! That's so sad, they copied aquacomputers design for the m.2 to a tee. Even the same clip design is the exact same. I'm really disapointed in that. EK you are better than that! You have always stood out from the crowd, I guess this time was a straight up money grab for you guys ?

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Just now, ericlee30 said:

Wow! That's so sad, they copied aquacomputers design for the m.2 to a tee. Even the same clip design is the exact same. I'm really disapointed in that. EK you are better than that! You have always stood out from the crowd, I guess this time was a straight up money grab for you guys ?

Maybe they struck a deal to buy them and rebrand them from Aquacomputers?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Maybe they struck a deal to buy them and rebrand them from Aquacomputers?

It's not like EK to do something like that though. EK has always had their own unique clean design and appearance away from the rest, to all their products. Don't get me wrong, the m.2 is a clean design, but EK could have and should have came up with a much more clean and original design for it.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

1 minute ago, ericlee30 said:

It's not like EK to do something like that though. EK has always had their own unique clean design and appearance away from the rest, to all their products. Don't get me wrong, the m.2 is a clean design, but EK could have and should have came up with a much more clean and original design for it.

Yah, I'm just hoping that's what it was and they found it easier to just buy and rebrand in this case. It would be really crappy of them to straight up copy and sell and hopefully they mention something more detailed about it soon, just to clear up confusion.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Sweet. Already ordered one. :)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, ericlee30 said:

Not exactly.  There is only so much you can do with a tiny block of aluminum if you want it to cool well and EK has a few small differences, chief among them how the cooler is milled and the hole on the EK one to allow for longer m.2.

53247_2.jpg.c3979567cf87d1f930558f0150ec68af.jpgEK-M.2_NVMe_Heatsink_Group_2-1500x1000.jpg.7576bb1e509338db20ec1098f209137d.jpg

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

The Benjamins,

Did you put any UEFI sensor on your NVM drive, why you need this, what mother board u are on that u need this? what NVM drive u use that it gets this hot? U.2 NVM drives in Raid sets on radiators, lol! or radiator on M.2 hahah, on the board, lol

There is one problem, people with the m.2 slot underneath the graphics card can't use the because it is too tall they should make a slimmer version

23 minutes ago, ericlee30 said:

21 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, I'm just hoping that's what it was and they found it easier to just buy and rebrand in this case. It would be really crappy of them to straight up copy and sell and hopefully they mention something more detailed about it soon, just to clear up confusion.

EK has 8 fins, when the other does not. EK has a cut away at the end for the screw.

it is not easy to make a small heat sink unique with out making it preform bad or looking awful.

I don't see how you can call this copying it just looks like any old generic heat sink design. it is like getting made that 2 coffee cups looks the same because they stole the design.

16 minutes ago, LucasRem said:

The Benjamins,

Did you put any UEFI sensor on your NVM drive, why you need this, what mother board u are on that u need this? what NVM drive u use that it gets this hot? U.2 NVM drives in Raid sets on radiators, lol! or radiator on M.2 hahah, on the board, lol

Some M.2 NVME drives overheat under heave work loads which will cause throttling, it is a know issue. And this can also be seen as a aesthetic reason behind it too.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

EK has 8 fins, when the other does not. EK and a cut away at the end for the screw.

it is not easy to make a small heat sink unique with out making it preform bad or looking awful.

I don't see how you can call this copying it just looks like any old generic heat sink design. it is like getting made that 2 coffee cups looks the same because they stole the design.

Yah, I'm not saying they copied it, just mentioning that it might have been a rebrand and not a direct copy but seeing the comparison I don't think they did a rebrand either. I agree it looks somewhat similar but it's hard to do a lot with such a small piece of metal. 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

21 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I think it is because the cost of Nickel plating versus painting.

I think ek wants to sell for $15 the nickel one, is because a US 5c coin is called a nickel.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Not exactly.  There is only so much you can do with a tiny block of aluminum if you want it to cool well and EK has a few small differences, chief among them how the cooler is milled and the hole on the EK one to allow for longer m.2.

53247_2.jpg.c3979567cf87d1f930558f0150ec68af.jpgEK-M.2_NVMe_Heatsink_Group_2-1500x1000.jpg.7576bb1e509338db20ec1098f209137d.jpg

Which is very true, there is very little you can do to a little piece of aluminum, can't deny that lol. EK has always thought outside the box though and found great solutions for the designs of their products. I bet if they would have took more time, they could have came up with something better then aquacomputers design. I'd personally love to see a way for EK to fully watercool the m.2 slot. I know it's a small footprint but it can be done.

How hot does an M.2 drive have to get for it to be a problem aside from quicker wear? Is it possible to damage it in a short amount of time with the temperatures you normally get or is it a faster death sort of thing?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Yay more cheap stuff for me

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

That's nice. Honestly i can see this ending up a big thing if they keep expanding (which they likely will) and maybe other brands joining the aluminium master race (f you aluminum :D)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon