Nintendo Switch Screens Lifting out of Shells

goodtofufriday

Sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/64kwm2/switch_screen_popping_out_wondering_if_its_screen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zx38y/anyone_having_issues_with_raised_screens_on_switch/

http://imgur.com/gallery/wtRqz

I don't see this written as an article anywhere. But as the weeks are rolling on more and more people are reporting that their Switch screens are starting to lift out. 

While this is likely covered by warranty its yet another issue thats coming up with these launch Switches. 

This compounds with the fact that there is STILL no way for users to back their saves games anywhere, making the warranty replacement seems almost as a non-option unless you want to lose possible hundreds of hours of game play.  

Still throwing prayers at my switch as I don't want to lose all my Zelda: BOTW progress...

4VV3etH.jpg

3wwz8w9vgyly.jpg

F3fgL8R.jpg

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

s0393276_sc7?$splssku$

/s

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

If you feel like voiding your warranty, and getting a second switch, the internal memory is socketted, and removable. If shit hits the fan, you can always try swapping them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This console has just been one scandal after another... I cant' even count them all anymore.

Also

Still throwing prayers at my switch as I don't want to lose all my Zelda: BOTW progress...

#consoles.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Is it the battery causing an issue with the screen? Or it the adhesive expanding due to heat?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

39 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So Nintendo makes it easy to change the screen, and you guys complain.

Now, they'll put super strong glue, and you guys you'll complain that it is not easy to replace the screen, you need a heatgun and special glue and things to lift and cut the glue like on iPads.

Nintendo wants you to be close to the action... you get far and complain about some connectivity issue.

Nintendo wants you to have this bendable system for comfort... more complaining....

Nintendo makes it that it scratch your screen on your dock so that you avoid docking it, and go outside and play with the system.. you know, get fresh air.. complaining!

Jeez.. there is just no please you guys. Complaining complaining complaining.. always complaining.

Well I can't even buy one. Sold out.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

44 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So Nintendo makes it easy to change the screen, and you guys complain.

Now, they'll put super strong glue, and you guys you'll complain that it is not easy to replace the screen, you need a heatgun and special glue and things to lift and cut the glue like on iPads.

Nintendo wants you to be close to the action... you get far and complain about some connectivity issue.

Nintendo wants you to have this bendable system for comfort... more complaining....

At first, I thought you were being serious...

44 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Nintendo makes it that it scratch your screen on your dock so that you avoid docking it, and go outside and play with the system.. you know, get fresh air.. complaining!

Jeez.. there is just no please you guys. Complaining complaining complaining.. always complaining.

But then I caught on...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

5 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

s0393276_sc7?$splssku$

/s

there is no words to describe this man's genius sense of humor!

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Whenever I see this kind of stuff I always end up thinking to myself "This is the 2% of the people who have actually bought the Switch". Still its not great to see however and could potentially show that there is a wide spread issue with peoples consoles. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

And now we wait for rev3 with fixed screen and warp

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

ive had zero issues with mine, no dock scratching, no warping, no screen lifting, no faulty joy con the worst problem ive had is when i cracked the tempered glass screen protector when i threw my keys on the bed and landed square on top of my switch although that was my fault and they came in a pack of 2 for £5

although i pretty much only play it in handheld mode to the point where I don't even have the dock plugged in anymore :P kinda given up on BOTW for a bit and mainly just use my switch for shovel knight and Mario kart and soon splatoon and star dew valley when it finally releases.

however, i think if i was to get this issue as someone who spends most of their time to repair phone and tablet screens for a living just lift the whole screen and stick it back down with some 3m tape just like an ipad. 

Although i do agree that save games should be able to be saved to an SD card at the very least or at an extreme let you do a system transfer like you can on the 3DS although since they are planning an online system i would like to see a xbox style cloud sync as that is one of my favorite things about the xbox one since I have about 3 of the things and my mates all have them just pick up where you left off on any console at any time. 

I lurk a lot

i would have thought cloud sync for saves would have already been implemented by now

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I think I read somewhere that if you get a replacement Switch your save progress is still there, as long as there's no issue with the storage or whatever.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

6 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

I think I read somewhere that if you get a replacement Switch your save progress is still there, as long as there's not issue with the storage or whatever.

Yea I don't understand where this misconception comes from, if you send your Switch or anything to Nintendo they repair it and send the same one back. If they didn't have to touch the storage then everything on it will still be there. Still I don't know why they don't freaking let us backup our mother ducking save files already, probably waiting for their paid service so we get cloud backup like PSN+ and Xbox live

weren't reports a while back that the console bent itself?

well guess what, I bet you the console gets so hot it melts the screen adhesive and bends the shell forcing the screen to poop

More proof that Nintendo has no idea what it's doing.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, peej said:

ive had zero issues with mine, no dock scratching, no warping, no screen lifting, no faulty joy con

I had a perfect HTC One x while the xda forums were full of faults and moans. It's nice when you get none broken stuff right? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Cheaply designed √

Poorly designed √

Quickly designed √

Cheaply manufactured √

Poorly manufactured √

Quickly manufactured √

Rushed to market in an unfinished state √

Rushed to market with a woeful amount of games √

The console launched exactly 8 weeks ago today and it has 1 unique game on it, 2 AAA games and a handful of indie titles that are mostly getting on for 2 years old and are available for 1/4 the price everywhere else, oh and Bomberman but the less said about that the better tbh.

I think its a great idea but at this point I'm wondering just the the fuck Nintendo were thinking releasing it this early in its baking cycle, I have serious doubts it would have been finished in time for a successful Christmas launch. They're going to ruin its reputation because they're impatient. 

Good job Nintendo, good job.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Cheaply designed √

Poorly designed √

Quickly designed √

Cheaply manufactured √

Poorly manufactured √

Quickly manufactured √

Rushed to market in an unfinished state √

Rushed to market with a woeful amount of games √

The console launched exactly 8 weeks ago today and it has 1 unique game on it, 2 AAA games and a handful of indie titles that are mostly getting on for 2 years old and are available for 1/4 the price everywhere else, oh and Bomberman but the less said about that the better tbh.

I think its a great idea but at this point I'm wondering just the the fuck Nintendo were thinking releasing it this early in its baking cycle, I have serious doubts it would have been finished in time for a successful Christmas launch. They're going to ruin its reputation because they're impatient. 

Good job Nintendo, good job.

Yeah they should have held off for 6 months, if only to build up the games library. I guess because the Wii U failed so badly they felt under pressure to get something new out.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is an insanely successful hit, but not one of the consoles that run it...

Groomlake Authority

I always hear about issues with the Switch's quality, but my friend and I both have had zero issues on ours.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)