Revive your old laptop

nicklmg
26 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

Could've at least shown the cloning process for the drives...that's a pretty big procedure to leave out of an SSD swap video.

maybe because:

A) you should NEVER clone from an HDD to an SSD as you are just setting yourself up for performance loss as Windows will not be properly optimized for an SSD (I have seen this myself)

B) there are literally cables that will automate that process.

I feel that this video really didn't go far enough.

Posted from my Acer aspire 5750, which had it's dual core i5 2450M upgraded to a quad core i7 2630QM, the HDD replaced with an SSD, the HDD moved to the optical drive bay using a caddy, the RAM upgraded from 4GB to 8GB and later 16GB.

9 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I feel that this video really didn't go far enough.

Posted from my Acer aspire 5750, which had it's dual core i5 2450M upgraded to a quad core i7 2630QM, the HDD replaced with an SSD, the HDD moved to the optical drive bay using a caddy, the RAM upgraded from 4GB to 8GB and later 16GB.

very few laptops can have a CPU swap done, upgrading RAM shouldn't need to be said, aside from research and see how much your device can handle, dollars to performance gains a SSD is the best bang for the buck, having done this to my dads old laptop I can say beyond question the SSD is the best way to extend the useable life of an older machine, especially cheaper laptop models.

1 hour ago, Magnetorheological said:

Could've at least shown the cloning process for the drives...that's a pretty big procedure to leave out of an SSD swap video.

He didn't. The notebook had and SSD b4, he put a HDD in it, installed new windows, possibly w/o the updates (they'd take forever, even with their downlink, cuz Msoft...) and then put back the SSD that he installed two years ago. He even talked on a wan show about getting an SSD for his mom's laptop.

Now I don't want to seem bad person and I do love the LTT, in fact this forum is the tech place I have been spending the most  time lately after I finally signed in, I am a fan of the group ever since the first Techquickie videos I seen back at the end of 2015, subscribed to all of Linus channels and this is a solid part of my daily entertainment.

But as much as I really really like Luke's videos; today's video was very disappointing, for a first the thumbnail is extremely misleading I doubt anyone else didn't think they'd revive an actual dead laptop or at least very underperforming one, secondly the topic has been brought up by every tech channel tons of times across the years SSDs have been around... I mean this video was useless if you want "new content", it just showed what everyone including LTT have already showed in the past, everyone knows that putting a SSD on an older laptop using a 2,5 HDD will show great boost in performance especially in boot times, there are like countless of videos showing these differences.

So yes, this is just a "positive" criticism, you guys have always managed to write really cool episodes, and even re-doing this HDD vs SSD type of episode could be nicer if it was one of those relaxed ones where you film Luke going around at a "normal" day at the office and showed how nice it was to give a new life to his old laptop, but you all went through so much trouble to make a big deal of it, overdoing it, with a lot of useless adds such as having him dressed up all like that... with a bad result of just making it misleading, and felt a try hard... all for the same old HDD vs SSD comparison kind of video.

This was the very first time I have given a LTT video a thumbs down in Youtube, I do it only because honestly I do feel this wasn't well made especially to LTT standard but will keep it all subscribed and keep watching it without any doubt.

Cheers.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I just wanted to put my two cents in here, which I'm sure most people will find abrasive (like the negativity in YouTube comments). 

There are tons of people who feel intimidated by computers, and all the complexity of it. To some, a laptop or computer is a large buy people saved up for.  Not everyone has a dusting GTX 970 laying around when they got groceries to put on the table. So in a way an aging laptop/computer just might be their most used yet expensive household electronic device they'd rather not tinker with. This video explains that it isn't hard to revive it.

Now most subscribers who watch LTT videos already feel confident or are knowledgeable in technology and spam the comments with "This isn't helpful," or, "Waste of my time..."  and honestly that is disgusting. It's those comments which drive those who AREN'T savvy into believing the computer technology is an impossible dimension. Yet, videos like this are what pull those looking for advice into a realm of what is possible, and not as complicated as one would believe.

So when I see comments like, "I'm unsubscribing..." I hope they just do it, least it'll be making the LTT community stronger by getting rid of the weak.

/rant

20 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Now I don't want to seem bad person and I do love the LTT, in fact this forum is the tech place I have been spending the most  time lately after I finally signed in, I am a fan of the group ever since the first Techquickie videos I seen back at the end of 2015, subscribed to all of Linus channels and this is a solid part of my daily entertainment.

But as much as I really really like Luke's videos; today's video was very disappointing, for a first the thumbnail is extremely misleading I doubt anyone else didn't think they'd revive an actual dead laptop or at least very underperforming one, secondly the topic has been brought up by every tech channel tons of times across the years SSDs have been around... I mean this video was useless if you want "new content", it just showed what everyone including LTT have already showed in the past, everyone knows that putting a SSD on an older laptop using a 2,5 HDD will show great boost in performance especially in boot times, there are like countless of videos showing these differences.

So yes, this is just a "positive" criticism, you guys have always managed to write really cool episodes, and even re-doing this HDD vs SSD type of episode could be nicer if it was one of those relaxed ones where you film Luke going around at a "normal" day at the office and showed how nice it was to give a new life to his old laptop, but you all went through so much trouble to make a big deal of it, overdoing it, with a lot of useless adds such as having him dressed up all like that... with a bad result of just making it misleading, and felt a try hard... all for the same old HDD vs SSD comparison kind of video.

This was the very first time I have given a LTT video a thumbs down in Youtube, I do it only because honestly I do feel this wasn't well made especially to LTT standard but will keep it all subscribed and keep watching it without any doubt.

Cheers.

Just remember, every video LTT does won't be there to mystify you and floor you with new information or something that was never done. Despite the negative criticism, LTT has to focus on those who aren't tech savvy and actually, what? Offer Tech Tips?!?!?. There are people out there who are computer illiterate, and this video alone will focus on explaining things to people who search for something they never would have known. 

Yeah, this video wasn't prime content to those who are tech savvy, but this video does offer a tip to someone who wouldn't have known so. But no, you don't seem like a bad person, I understand your criticism. 

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

very few laptops can have a CPU swap done, upgrading RAM shouldn't need to be said, aside from research and see how much your device can handle, dollars to performance gains a SSD is the best bang for the buck, having done this to my dads old laptop I can say beyond question the SSD is the best way to extend the useable life of an older machine, especially cheaper laptop models.

It would have made a much more interesting video. :)  The laptop I'm on, purchased five years ago, I basically can't retire.  It's now sitting with 16GB of RAM and a quad core hyper threaded 2.0ghz Sandy Bridge in it, as long as you're not gaming, it's great.  I just toss replacement batteries in it and it's great for anything that isn't gaming.  And that's the point right?  To demonstrate that with some love, the right laptop laptop can have a long service life.

Two questions:

1. Why is there water in the thumbnail?
  2. Why not use a blank SSD, so people who don't know much about computers will know they have to install a clean copy of their operating system on the new storage device.

Otherwise, it was okay. Not really the best, nor the worst.

2 hours ago, LazlowRave said:

I just wanted to put my two cents in here, which I'm sure most people will find abrasive (like the negativity in YouTube comments). 

There are tons of people who feel intimidated by computers, and all the complexity of it. To some, a laptop or computer is a large buy people saved up for.  Not everyone has a dusting GTX 970 laying around when they got groceries to put on the table. So in a way an aging laptop/computer just might be their most used yet expensive household electronic device they'd rather not tinker with. This video explains that it isn't hard to revive it.

Now most subscribers who watch LTT videos already feel confident or are knowledgeable in technology and spam the comments with "This isn't helpful," or, "Waste of my time..."  and honestly that is disgusting. It's those comments which drive those who AREN'T savvy into believing the computer technology is an impossible dimension. Yet, videos like this are what pull those looking for advice into a realm of what is possible, and not as complicated as one would believe.

So when I see comments like, "I'm unsubscribing..." I hope they just do it, least it'll be making the LTT community stronger by getting rid of the weak.

/rant

I think we all would have been fine with the topic of the video (speeding up an old but still potentially useful laptop), just a lot of us felt it was presented in the wrong way. I see what your saying, that many people may need this, but I feel like people felt they were mislead with both the title and the thumbnail, both being kind of click-bait-style. Also, one cannot simply swap an HDD with an SSD, there is the transfer of files and windows to take care of, and other questions that need answering (do you need to shut down first? Backup information? Etc.)

In Summary:

Good: Useful topic, some may need it

Bad: Misleading thumbnail, misleading title, and very basic overview of procedure (you wouldn't be able to perform it based on the video alone)

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

The click-bait is strong in this video. I know you guys  seem to have fun taking pictures for the thumbnails and editing them but this was really misleading. Without the text written thumbnails, I thought I was going to see a repair for water damage or something more. My second LMG dislike after the CSF Alphagetti Spelling Bee video. 

5 hours ago, LazlowRave said:

Just remember, every video LTT does won't be there to mystify you and floor you with new information or something that was never done. Despite the negative criticism, LTT has to focus on those who aren't tech savvy and actually, what? Offer Tech Tips?!?!?. There are people out there who are computer illiterate, and this video alone will focus on explaining things to people who search for something they never would have known. 

Yeah, this video wasn't prime content to those who are tech savvy, but this video does offer a tip to someone who wouldn't have known so. But no, you don't seem like a bad person, I understand your criticism. 

I disagree. If you aren't tech savvy will you know how to clone a drive? Even install windows? I very much so doubt it. The video could have offered that information but it didn't. So now some person is gonna pay for an SSD and waste a full day of his life trying to figure out how to "open windows". 

7 hours ago, LazlowRave said:

/rant

Here's the problem:

This video is useless to everyone.

1. Those of us who are IT professionals (or just tech enthusiasts) will of course already know about installing an SSD, and all the processes that go along with it.

2. Those who are new to this, won't have any idea of how to actually DO anything in this video.

Install Windows? How? Where do I get Windows? What about drivers? Windows updates? The process of going through the Windows installation? What basic programs do I need?

What about cloning the old HDD onto the SSD? How do I do that? How do I create a bootable USB with CloneZilla or EaseUS ToDo Backup or Macrium?

The main criticism is that, anyone who doesn't know how to do it already, won't know how to do it from this video. It's actually detrimental - dangerous even, because there are going to be SO MANY tech newbs who screw up their computer, because they get the idea of swapping in an SSD from this video, but realize they have no idea what they are doing.

A proper guide, maybe twice the length (or longer) would have been better. Show the process from start to finish, using editing and time lapse, etc, with cuts where necessary, on how to either clone a HDD onto an SSD, or on how to perform a fresh install from scratch.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not sure if filler until CES or regular content. I honestly can't tell the difference...

It's a joke but I'm being serious as well.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

@nicklmg @Slick @LinusTech

How much free time do you have? because that is how this video feels. A filler for your boredom. I cannot feel any thought behind the script, video or even methodology. It feels like you had nothing to do, and a daily video to make...

If this is the kind of content you are happy with, then please, just dont. It is a disgrace to your channels history and brand name.

4 hours ago, Prysin said:

@nicklmg @Slick @LinusTech

How much free time do you have? because that is how this video feels. A filler for your boredom. I cannot feel any thought behind the script, video or even methodology. It feels like you had nothing to do, and a daily video to make...

If this is the kind of content you are happy with, then please, just dont. It is a disgrace to your channels history and brand name.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. It mostly feels like its just a video of ads and normally after watching a video I can remember part of it. I key into one certain scene that was really memorable or significant. This had neither. It was truly tasteless and I really did not expect anything this lackluster to be released by LTT. I really want to see a response from them explaining their point of view so we can come to an understanding of how and why we got here.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

i thought this was going to be something different than replacing a hdd for ssd

i guess not. :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

19 hours ago, LazlowRave said:

the problem is that those people who isn't tech savvy also need good, accurate and clear information. However LTTs videos have been dumbed down so much that they become complicated again. And yes, that is a thing.

Their tips, are not longer intuitive or properly explained, they are rushed and only the tech savvy will have the knowledge to read between the lines and fill in the missing pieces. Those who aren't tech savvy will be left asking the same questions they did before the video, because the video wasn't helpful.

Now, if all they wanted to convey was "take the effort and clean your computer" or "small steps to speed old shit up", that would be fine, but they tried to do a guide, without explaining the WHY. And when you don't properly explain the why, people don't learn. Instead they assume it is the only truth, and stop looking for other solutions. When you do explain the why, you also explain the cause and effect. by explaining the cause and effect, you automatically gain a much greater understanding of the functions, despite not knowing jack shit about the composition, coherency or importance of all the parts. 

This video is not fine, if you do not understand anything about tech, it is not very helpful at all, And worst is. Linus has made videos in the past, better demonstrating and explaining the importance of cleaning your hardware or upgrading from HDD to SSD. Yet this time, the video was in complete shambles. You must understand, that when the fans are reacting like they are, it is because they KNOW that the content quality of the video's being put out today, is rubbish compared to yesterday. And whilst the videos themselves are getting better in terms of camera work, picture quality, sound quality, lighting quality etc... the content, the message they are trying to convey, is withering away. 

I don't remember who said it, might have been Steve Jobs, but it goes like this:
"If something is so simple you have to explain it to people, it is not simple at all, it is difficult"

This is where LTT's content is at today. It has been dumbed down to the point of being "so simple". So basic. So spartan. That only those in the "know", will understand and the rest just doesn't get it.

i just looked at the numbers , and i think LTT got the memo , thats the highest amount of dislikes i have seen on a LTT video EVER 

Unbenannt.png

Edit:

most videos have a 10 to 1 when its unpopular and a  20 to 1 on Average like to dislike ratio ,

This one has a 1,75 to 1 , let that sink in 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

@Space Reptile you put a comma instead of a decimal point(just letting you know so you can fix it :))

Yeah, I think they get the point, however, I still really want a response from @Slick @LinusTech to the community as a whole explaining what happened with this video, and why it was released the way it was. 

Currently like:dislike is 14513 to 8794

Okay, I took a moment to watch the video again. All this video has in it is 'to revive an old computer replace the harddrive with an SSD' and 'Google for a guide on doing so'. Oh, and Luke explaining in some detail about how annoying doing stuff with a harddrive is for him as someone used to the speed of the fastest SSDs.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

1 hour ago, DKL said:

@Space Reptile you put a comma instead of a decimal point(just letting you know so you can fix it :))

Where he lives (and I for that matter) we use a comma for decimals and a dot for thousands (AKA: the opposite of how you do it)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Where he lives (and I for that matter) we use a comma for decimals and a dot for thousands (AKA: the opposite of how you do it)

yeah well, sometimes it's hard to live in the civilized parts of the world

At the end of it the video seemed rushed no research relay went in to it and yea the thumbnail had nothing to do with the video.

If it was basic laptop I would like to have seen LINUX Mint on it and to see how to set everything up.      

On 1/3/2017 at 10:43 AM, JefferyD90 said:

You know, I've kept my mouth shut about the decline of LTT for a long time simply because this forum is one of the most user friendly forums out there...  But this is the most click bait title I've EVER seen and it is the SAME video they made 3 years ago.  Quite literally shows no one anything we didn't already know and really felt like a blank video just to advertise 3 different spots...  Not only that, it is showing newbs that they can just transfer drives from system to system without knowing what to do with drivers and installations... This gives me more of a mess to clean up than it ever helps fix.  I'm legit kinda upset at this video and really tired of LTT's latest conceitedly assertive and dogmatic points of view that are just simply, for lack of a better word, unhelpful to really anyone.  A new person in computers would watch this and almost instantly brick their computer because they're swapping out HDDs and SSD's without doing any of the things otherwise, and someone educated about computers looks at this and cringes.  And people in the middle are either so laid back they're not going to do anything at all, or they're so gung-ho they've already messed up 100 different computers to get one game to play.

I'm really disappointed here.  CES coverage had better be BALLIN and this had better just been a "filler" content to meet their 1 video per day thing.  If not, there is a great chance that I'll probably quit watching LTT all together, I'm already starting to tune out to the point where I only watch 2-3 videos a week anyways.

EDIT:  I want to make 2 more points that weigh in on my heart heavily as a LTT Community member (I mean hell I've been around for years and have thousands of post) and as a PCMR advocate.

1.  As a LTT Community Member I think LMG is quite literally defining a shill right in front of our eyes.  Just looking at this thread, not a single person has said how happy they are with the content.  Everyone is upset with it, and this has been common place for about the past 2-3 months and the response we're getting is "its what YouTube likes to see".  Who in the hell cares about YouTube and its millions of minions?  Even Linus, Luke, and Taren have all said on the WAN show that they don't even look at YouTube comments anymore.  So LMG as a company, and Linus as a individual, are going to not pay attention to a group of people (virtually at all) they they're going to market and build content for these people?  It is QUITE LITTERALLY the exact definition of a sell out.  These videos reflect more than just Linus's opinion, it reflects on me and other community members.  If someone would have asked me 2 years ago if I was a member of LTT Community, I'd say: "Hell yea, come join us on our LTT Star Citizen group."  But now I cant say that, I'd actually probably be ashamed and embarrassed to say that I'm a member of this community that is lead by these types of videos and content.  Not to include reporting and news inaccuracies.  (And to anyone that says, "Oh their not computer scientist" or anything like that, I say that ignorance has NEVER been a excuse for false advertising, inaccurate news reporting, or any other shady activities.)

2. As a PCMR member, I'm starting to shun LTT as a invalid source of getting any news.  I personally, look at PCMR as something like the NFL and LTT as something like a team of the NFL.  And I'm getting ready to restructure the divisions around and LTT is probably going to be left out of my top 5 news sources, especially since Level1Tech is a thing now.  I know LMG is shooting for a more fun oriented set of videos, but quite literally I'd have to go back several weeks before I found a video of a new product being launched, or something that is actually educational.  As a PCMR member, I'm just clinging onto LMG and LTT as some hope that after Linus is done making babies he will come back and grab a hold of this ship and set it right.

The point I'm getting to here is I hope LMG realizes sooner rather than later who it is that got them to the 1000000 subscriber mark.  Its not the average person, its this subset of PCMR people, nerds, and gamers who want to learn and be educated.  Not just a bunch of teenagers that want something funny to show their friends.

this is extremely accurate.

remember the DIY speaker video? I didn't actually watch the thing because it was so lifeless and scripted in the intro, not to mention the god-awful thumbnail.

I've been rewatching a bunch of old LTT reviews, stuff around the time as the AsRock M8, and man, have the videos gone downhill. Not in terms of a production value standpoint, but from a genuine thoughts about the product standpoint. Now it's all scripted nonsense, with no actual effort on the presenter to make the material interesting.

The old thumbnails really make LTT videos stand out from others, along with having words to accurately (usually) describe what the video was about.

Now I'm not sure if I'm going to see a thousand degree knife going through a titan x

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

this is extremely accurate.

remember the DIY speaker video? I didn't actually watch the thing because it was so lifeless and scripted in the intro, not to mention the god-awful thumbnail.

I've been rewatching a bunch of old LTT reviews, stuff around the time as the AsRock M8, and man, have the videos gone downhill. Not in terms of a production value standpoint, but from a genuine thoughts about the product standpoint. Now it's all scripted nonsense, with no actual effort on the presenter to make the material interesting.

The old thumbnails really make LTT videos stand out from others, along with having words to accurately (usually) describe what the video was about.

Now I'm not sure if I'm going to see a thousand degree knife going through a titan x

I don't know if it's just me either,  but I prefer the old intro from 2014/2015

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM