Revive your old laptop

nicklmg
37 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

I don't know if it's just me either,  but I prefer the old intro from 2014/2015

me as well

it was shorter and less jarring

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

5 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

...Now I'm not sure if I'm going to see a thousand degree knife going through a titan x

Don't give them ideas >_<'

4 hours ago, arnavvr said:

I don't know if it's just me either,  but I prefer the old intro from 2014/2015

Agreed.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

34 minutes ago, DKL said:

Don't give them ideas >_<'

Agreed.

They'll probably make the money back in ad revenue that they got from breaking a Titan.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

3 hours ago, arnavvr said:

They'll probably make the money back in ad revenue that they got from breaking a Titan.

You kidding? On the path they're going they'd just edit it to make it look like the knife is going through the Titan. Oh, and the video will actually be about AMD's latest Fury.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Title and thumbnail was misleading. I expected Luke doing something like Linus bringing back his wet laptops but was wrong. 

LinusNecromancyTips. Louis Rossman might debate the necromancy bit though, given he is equipped with that satanic altar he calls the BGA rework station. Meanwhile, Apple tries to push ban on the practice of computer Necromancy, building ever more convoluted designs to thwart any attempts of raising them from the dead.

On a more serious note, I'd have liked to see Luke tear down the laptop entirely for cleaning, and possibly an upgrade to a dual core i7, alongside the SSD. Somewhat disappointed by the shallowness of the content itself, but nonetheless, the message being the 1st gen i3/5/7 is plenty fast with an SSD. With this premise, this content would be more suitable for a Techquickie episode.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

... What did I just watch? Misleading title and thumbnail, weak short content, and completely unhelpful. 

We get that you have to optimize for YouTube, but don't sacrifice quality and your integrity for it. 

- snip-

On 1/3/2017 at 2:10 PM, Magnetorheological said:

Could've at least shown the cloning process for the drives...that's a pretty big procedure to leave out of an SSD swap video.

Especially considering how annoying it can be...

• 1 month later...

Hey I know this is an old post/video now but there's like some crazy similarities between this video and one admittedly crapper one I made a year ago. Like it's almost word for word shot for shot sometimes. Not sure if I'm aloud to post the link, if someone could clarify I'd love to link it and see if I'm just tripping out.

Thanks guys.

4 minutes ago, Ashur said:

Hey I know this is an old post/video now but there's like some crazy similarities between this video and one admittedly crapper one I made a year ago. Like it's almost word for word shot for shot sometimes. Not sure if I'm aloud to post the link, if someone could clarify I'd love to link it and see if I'm just tripping out.

Thanks guys.

Throwing shade around and then not even posting a link, please!

19 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Throwing shade around and then not even posting a link, please!

Don't judge the quality I've gotten MUCH better haha

10 minutes ago, Ashur said:

Don't judge the quality I've gotten MUCH better haha

Sorry dude, but per community standards:

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (Eg who can do data recovery in Vancouver)
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

15 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Sorry dude, but per community standards:

Darn, blame that on me, I´ll edit this after finishing the video.

E: I see where you are coming from. Mom´s laptop, SSD from eBay/Amazon, loading times measured with the phone laid against the screen, but I´m pretty sure it´s just coincidence.

If u follow the LTT video closely, it´s pretty obvious the SSD was there already and he just grabbed a HDD, installed windows and a few apps and then told the story, which was possibly even true, except he was acting as if he did it just now. And the "phone benchmark" is just a very common way to demonstrate a thing like this.

Edited by Freeman

2 minutes ago, Freeman said:

It's fine. You two are relatively new, so I figured I'd let you know before the mods get you. (I'm not a mod)

6 minutes ago, Ashur said:

Damn it, figured it wasn't allowed.

It's fine. Just edit the post and remove the video and the mods won't get too mad. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

36 minutes ago, Freeman said:

E: I see where you are coming from. Mom´s laptop, SSD from eBay/Amazon, loading times measured with the phone laid against the screen, but I´m pretty sure it´s just coincidence.

If u follow the LTT video closely, it´s pretty obvious the SSD was there already and he just grabbed a HDD, installed windows and a few apps and then told the story, which was possibly even true, except he was acting as if he did it just now. And the "phone benchmark" is just a very common way to demonstrate a thing like this.

The thing is it's also the use of when an app loads up as opposed to simply when it turns on as well as the emphasis on usability at a certain point. Also the user upgrade able part. I understand that these are all reasonable things a video on this should mention but it's like, idk, it's probably just because I'm so close to it :'D

10 minutes ago, Ashur said:

The thing is it's also the use of when an app loads up as opposed to simply when it turns on as well as the emphasis on usability at a certain point. Also the user upgrade able part. I understand that these are all reasonable things a video on this should mention but it's like, idk, it's probably just because I'm so close to it :'D

Yep, the similarities are abundant, but I honestly think it´s just a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Yep, the similarities are abundant, but I honestly think it´s just a coincidence.

Haha probably, doesn't mean I won't be dreaming Linus actually watched one of my videos. xD