4. 4. I'm not American, but I'd vote for

• Clinton
    • Trump
    • American non voter
  5. 5. I would vote to legalize Marijuana

• Yes! Them tax dollars.
    • No. Drugs are bad M'kay.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

You can actually write whatever name you want on the ballot? Interesting!

I didn't want it to turn into a massive survey, so I kept it at a minimum. Curious, why are you against marijuana?

Interestingly a very small number of immigrants come across the border that way. It's been proven that most get a visa and then just fail to leave when it expires.

1.  yes we have write in sections of the ballot for each race.  You can literally write any name in, and some people often vote for fictional people such as mickey mouse.  Personally if i dont like either candidate i usually write my own name in, or if there is a candidate running unopposed for an office i'll do it then too. 

2.  Same reason i am against ciggs.  It is bad for you and what little benefits there are don't really outweigh the long term consequences.  Also its one of the few vices where someone else's use can be forced upon you in the form of 2nd hand smoke.  

3.  While it is technically true that "most" illegal immigrants come here via visa overstays it isn't true to say a very small number come via boarder crossings.  Visa overstays account for roughly a half million illegal immigrants.

On the other hand  confirmed illegal boarder crossings are around 330,000 people.  The kicker on this figure though is that the department of homeland & security estimates our boarder patrol only catches about 33% of people attempting to cross; meaning 2 people slip through for every person caught.  They estimate that 660,000 people get through undetected each year; which brings the total amount of people attempting to gain illegal entry into the U.S via our boarder to around 1 million per year. 

That's over 200,000 more people than Edmonton has.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Pulling troops off the DMZ wouldn't be avoiding war, though. I imagine it's just as bad as Hilary's (tbh I've heard nothing about her stance on Russia and war).

The costs. You already have some form of defense against most of it, no? There's razor wire walls or something of that nature. It's not so much a wall in general, but a wall to the degree that Trump wants a wall. Many stories high, etc.

Does one need a wall for their border? Can you name another country that has a wall that extends over their entire border?

I wouldn't. People overstaying their visas account for much greater numbers. Perhaps police that a little more?

Also, a wall the size that Trump wants was estimated to cost 12+ billion a year to maintain. Walls don't just stand forever.

They're both poor. Don't try and play Trump off as being any better, because he's not.

I never said it would be.

Walls aren't incredibly expensive all things considered. It's cheaper than the laughable "defense" we have for the border. Basically it's open desert for hundeds of miles that need to be be patrolled but DHS doesn't have the funding to do that. Walls create choke points for a reason.

Can you name another country has as a serious illegal immigration problem as bad as we do?

That's part of the immigration plan I would hope. But I'd rather have a border that's a bit harder to cross to begin with. ;)

Grats?

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

The bus drivers shouldn't be high, and would most likely be fired. It'd be akin to drinking and driving, so I don't really buy that.

It's going to take a couple of years for the social aspects to really be nailed down, but I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be allowed for recreational use. It's no different (some could argue better) than alcohol.

You would assume so, but it doesn't seem to happen. To top it off, Breckenridge is a national park, so its not even legal on the mountain even though it is in Colorado... A lot of them have this mindset that its legal so they can do it whenever, wherever. We hire out of Colorado, and the first line in bold text on the application is "You will have to pass a drug test", last I recall it was roughly half of the applicants did not pass the drug test and when asked they said weed is legal so they can do it if they want, as if it is their god given right... NOPE.

I think it should have started with only being allowed in private places first, and work the kinks out. It just seems like too much too quick, and like you say, it will take a while for the social aspects to be nailed down. Making it free and open out of nowhere just seems like a bad idea to warm people up to accepting it. To be completely honest, I had no problems with weed, used to smoke on occasion, still have several pothead friends, but now that it is legal there I'm starting to be against it seeing the changes it brings. In a nutshell, its just not at all what I expected it to be and I'm a little taken-a-back.

Its about as bad as the people who vape, blow it in your face, and say "It's just water vapor BRO, don't worry about it". (True story, watched some jackass in a movie theater do that to a staff member when they told him he can't use it in there.) Scratches that little spot in my brain that irritates me haha.

Trump is winning? I mean he is in this post

Obamacare needs to be abolished... so please vote for Trump...

The monthly premium for my wife and kids that I have to pay is just about doubling from $460 a month too just under $1000 a month. I can't afford that, they base your healthcare premiums off of your income, but yet still force you to pay way more than you can literally afford( I mean literally, I literally don't make enough money a month)

You get fined for not being able to pay for something you absolutely cannot afford.

I have mortgages, homeowners insurance, car insurance, food and necessity expenses, I have children that I have to provide for, my family is literally living paycheck to paycheck. Why do the good people of the US deserve this? Our economy is fucked. and it disgusts me. I literally will not be able to afford the costs of LIFE, literally, my family and I are looking at bankruptcy in the near future because of ridiculous laws and taxes that are passed in the middle of the night when nobody is looking...  Oh, to put the cherry on top, my kids are going to have one of the worst Christmases they will probably experience in their lives. And as far as medical marijuana goes, have you ever seen a person have a seizure, or someone battling cancer? Look up the remedies it does for people....

My family is hurting... A LOT... oh yeah, if Hillary is in office, not only will I remain a depressed, broke father, but I will also lose my sense of security since she wants to revoke our gun rights... Food for thought people. There are millions of others hurting just like me.

It's just depressing that I can't give my family everything they want and need. It kills me that I am living in the day that I work so hard to make it in life, but turn around and see illegal immigrants living much better off than we are because they get free medical, free housing, free welfare etc. and bring home $2000 a month because they get it all for free, and because they work under the table and don't have to pay taxes, while me, an American citizen, makes $2500 a month and only has $300 to spend after all of the costs of living. It's not fair... It's not fair to you, it's not fair to me, it's not fair to anybody.

30 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

It will be a close race.

Either way, south of the 49th, you guys are fucked!

Thanks for rubbing it in... lol

Ultimately, it's going to end up with the opposite party going "YOU SHOULD HAVE CHOSE OUR CANDIDATE!". Trump is going to propose something hella irresponsible or Clinton is going to do something that would get any other person arrested whose name isn't Clinton. With the many people in our country, it's shocking this was what we allowed ourselves to choose from.

Forced to select non American because I'm not voting for either bag of dildos. Fitting though. I would vote for third party but I'm convinced that enough Americans see Donald or Clinton as unfit, but are still going to vote for either one of the two, that both candidates would likely have to outright say "I'm going to fuck your world up" to not get the majority popular vote, and even then it'd be close. This entire election has severely lowered my hope in my fellow Americans, and I'm ready to watch it all crumble down in ashes. I've got my popcorn ready, I've picked out a gorgeous dress and a nice shade of lipstick because I like to look pretty when I'm getting screwed.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

I pay no monthly premium and receive free healthcare. However if I want extra coverage, the most would be $100/m, but the average is $50/m. This includes ambulance charge of $350.

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

No, silence is not “louder than words”. Anything remotely close to that would be nonviolent obstruction and other forms of protest. Idling around doing nothing because you have nothing important to say leaves the decision to everyone else to make – and have you looked at who everyone else is choosing? Wake up.

I already made it clear I don't think either Trump nor Clinton will be a good president. Trump is an idiot who doesn't know what he's getting into, Clinton is a warmonger. I do not need to "wake up", because I've read where the candidates stand and I don't agree with nearly everything they stand for.

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

What kind of joke is that? The joke that’s funny because most people aren’t voting for him? Do you stand for anything or do you just follow what everyone else does?

No. I mean as in, he doesn't even know how to spell America, he doesn't know where Aleppo is, he's the least libertarian candidate they could have possibly chosen (he supports a carbon tax, seriously? That doesn't sound like anything a libertarian would support) and during the third party candidate debates, he was high as a kite. Doesn't seem like someone I'd want leading America, if he can't even figure out anything without Googling it first. As for what I stand for, I'm a moderate. I believe there should be a balance between big and small government. Somewhere in between.

Being friends with both liberals and conservatives influenced me into this. I saw both sides and decided on my own from there.

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

There are plenty of candidates like that, but everyone is still being corraled into the red vs. blue shit flinging match because “you’re wasting your vote” or “they probably won’t win anyway”. Look at how many people just ITT alone who buy this bullshit – they seriously cannot function to go and check the box that represents them the best.

To be fair, this happens all over the world where a two party system rules. The issue in the USA is that people don't feel the need to vote, which is mind bogglingly insane.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

3 hours ago, killcomic said:

To be fair, this happens all over the world where a two party system rules. The issue in the USA is that people don't feel the need to vote, which is mind bogglingly insane.

Its because we dont have any incentive too. First of all, Election day is not a federal holiday, so most of us work or have school. You dont always have time. Not all states allow early voting. Here in Michigan you have to be old to vote early. Also, the corporations control things over here. So it doesn't matter who you vote for because your fucked any way. Many people are sick of voting between two bowls of shit. I know I am, I almost skipped voting this year, because there was not much of a point. Mostly I vote for state and local issues, because those are what affect me directly, what happens at the Federal level generally I dont care about at this point. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

To be fair, the grand majority of North Koreans don't have Internet except for a few in their government. I also remember reading something a few months ago that their internet connection went down for a period of time.

What internet do you mean?

They don't have a internet, they have 2, sort of.

The first network is limited to N-Korea itself, it's completely separated from the internet we know, they even go as far as saying building A can have N-korea internet and building B with "normal" internet (the one we use) needs to be X meters away. That's legit how far they go. Yes it has its own class systems, DNS servers, everything.

Both internets are not allowed in the same building. There has to be a gap between them.

And normal people iirc can access the N-korea internet with computers in their library. Also the elite of N-Korea that can afford a computer usually also have access to the N-Korea network.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

21 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

First of all, Election day is not a federal holiday

You know, neither is voting day here in Germany. Instead we vote on Sundays. Many people still can't be arsed...

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Facts if Clinton wins:

- end of the republic

- end of the two party system 

- end of freedom of speech

- controll over all media 

- NSA is up your Ass.

- military style police to controll and not protect

- hundrets of thousands of imigrants

- never ending War in middle east, growing and funding of IS&Co ( they guys who behead children)

- possible war with russia !

- destabilisation of Europe

And  much more. Dont let Hollywood Puppets fool you. Think!

If you vote for her, you vote for your Enemy.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

There are more things on the ballots than just Presidency. Perhaps you should look up what's on yours. Might be able to vote to increase the minimum wage.

I would rather not have minimum wage rise. The thing is everyone who earns minimum will end up getting paid more while others who are paid more than minimum won't get extra. Companies then try to compensate for paying their employees more by raising prices of different products/services. The people who earned more now start to earn less because of the prices increasing and people who earn minimum wage don't change at all financially. Minimum wage employees complain that they want a job and the cycle keeps happening. Eventually the economy will crash because no one can afford the basic necessities. 

I just don't understand how most people think you should be able to live off minimum wage. Minimum wage jobs are meant for kids in highschool/college to earn a little bit of money (unless the company is ripping you off but thats another issue). Its not meant to support an entire family and for you to buy whatever you want. 

1 minute ago, Tm_Carbon said:

I would rather not have minimum wage rise. The thing is everyone who earns minimum will end up getting paid more while others who are paid more than minimum won't get extra. Companies then try to compensate for paying their employees more by raising prices of different products/services. The people who earned more now start to earn less because of the prices increasing and people who earn minimum wage don't change at all financially. Minimum wage employees complain that they want a job and the cycle keeps happening. Eventually the economy will crash because no one can afford the basic necessities. 

I just don't understand how most people think you should be able to live off minimum wage. Minimum wage jobs are meant for kids in highschool/college to earn a little bit of money (unless the company is ripping you off but thats another issue). Its not meant to support an entire family and for you to buy whatever you want. 

Image result for 15 minimum wage meme

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

3 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

Image result for 15 minimum wage meme

Better McDonalds customers pay their workers' real costs than taxpayers who have to pay for their Medicaid and SNAP benefits.

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

There hasn't been enough solid research to find out how m much is bad. The US is too scared to find it's benefits.

The main problem with the US prison system is that it's for-profit. Granted the charges for ridiculous offenses also play a part, as does the fact that officers press charges instead of court appointed officials.

It won't impact drug dealers, they'll simply lower their prices to compensate.

I have to disagree. Although being for-profit is an absolutely massive issue, mandatory minimums for drug charges mean that people who would otherwise be scott-free will spend 10-15 years in Jail. That's where the problem is. The quicker they can get people out of the system that don't need to be there, the quicker they can focus on other issues. There really is no monetary incentive for the government to incarcerate everyone. A person in prison doesn't pay taxes, doesn't circulate money through the economy, doesn't join the work force, etc...

And it will impact drug dealers. Why would someone buy Marijuana from their neighborhood shady man at 1AM when they could walk into a shop and buy the Marijuana perfectly legally and safely.

23 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Facts if Clinton wins:

- end of the republic

- end of the two party system 

- end of freedom of speech

- controll over all media 

- NSA is up your Ass.

- military style police to controll and not protect

- hundrets of thousands of imigrants

- never ending War in middle east, growing and funding of IS&Co ( they guys who behead children)

- possible war with russia !

- destabilisation of Europe

And  much more. Dont let Hollywood Puppets fool you. Think!

If you vote for her, you vote for your Enemy.

You forgot a few:

- disintegration of Alderan

- Bambi's mother death

- pigs' extinction (a.k.a. no more bacon)

- another Transformers movie

- Half Life 3 cancelled, prohibited by law.

Now we killed the joke, can we go back to reality?

13 hours ago, Younger Than Windows 95 said:

Better than a nuclear war if Trump wins

Sigh.

Do I have to say this again. If Hillary wins, say goodbye to any ties with Russia. That right there would start nuclear warfare.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You forgot a few:

- disintegration of Alderan

- Bambi's mother death

- pigs' extinction (a.k.a. no more bacon)

- another Transformers movie

- Half Life 3 cancelled, prohibited by law.

Now we killed the joke, can we go back to reality?

There  are always People who are  too lazy to think. Watching  CNN is more easy than read through wikileaks i guess.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO