• Non American
  4. 4. I'm not American, but I'd vote for

• Clinton
    • Trump
    • American non voter
  5. 5. I would vote to legalize Marijuana

• Yes! Them tax dollars.
    • No. Drugs are bad M'kay.

@Canada EH Any elaboration on why you think my post is"funny". Please dont come back with the slippery slope argument "A voter for the third party is is vote for(insert candidate you oppose here)." Because any sensible person knows that is bs. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1 minute ago, bob345 said:

@Canada EH Any elaboration on why you think my post is"funny". Please dont come back with the slippery slope argument "A voter for the third party is is vote for(insert candidate you oppose here)." Because any sensible person knows that is bs. 

Meant for it to be "Informative"

Besides I like giving out free Reputation updates.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Meant for it to be "Informative"

Besides I like giving out free Reputation updates.

Thanks for the clarification

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

7 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

@BiscuitMassacre It is very strange isn't it?

Politicians are all corrupt.

That is true. Still another reason to vote Trump. He hasn't been a politician but the last few years. We NEED another Reagan. Trump is our Reagan. In order to withhold the constitution, Reagan is all we got. 

4 minutes ago, killcomic said:

If I lived in the USA (which I don't, thank god), I'd vote for someone who would focus on the various needs of the people of the country instead of placating the rich and powerful... What was that? No candidate like that? Yeah, that'd be right.

I disagree. The ONLY job of the government is to enforce law and order and protect its people. 

2 minutes ago, bob345 said:

I think 3rd party is a great stand. Shows alot about a person. I do think in the big picture its retarded. No body is going to remember what you didn't do. Now if you don't like what the elected candidate has done, there isn't a 50% chance that you can say it wasn't your fault.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

Just now, BiscuitMassacre said:

I disagree. The ONLY job of the government is to enforce law and order and protect its people. 

And that's why the USA is where it is right now. Enjoy.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

2 minutes ago, killcomic said:

And that's why the USA is where it is right now. Enjoy.

what? There is more government now ever since the Great Depression. 

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Phone:

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

3 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

what? There is more government now ever since the Great Depression. 

Whatever, you're all getting reamed by large corporations. It's almost like you guys enjoy it.

Anyway, your country, not mine, so my care factor is not exactly high.

Just now, killcomic said:

Whatever, you're getting reamed by large corporations. It's almost like you guys enjoy it.

Anyway, your country, not mine, so my care factor is not exactly high.

Ikr. I wasn't there supporting the last 8 years of the abomination (more like OBAMAnation) that we have in there now. Don't let ANYONE tell you that FDR was a good guy. He was one of (if not) worst presidents this nation has ever had. People hate trump for liking putin, when FDR was a friend to Stalin, and gave him rights to land where he slaughtered innocent lives in. Stalin's death count is somewhere around 30-40M. Killing the most people in history. 

FDR=BLUE

Trump=RED

My System:

My Phone:

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Perhaps a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote.

I read an article on that today.

I personally dont see it as a wasted vote. I believe a wasted vote is voting for someone you dont fully support.

Just now, bob345 said:

I personally dont see it as a wasted vote. I believe a wasted vote is voting for someone you dont fully support.

Getting someone in office that you halfsupport is better than voting in someone you fully support and don't even win.

My System:

My Phone:

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

2 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

Ikr. I wasn't there supporting the last 8 years of the abomination (more like OBAMAnation) that we have in there now. Don't let ANYONE tell you that FDR was a good guy. He was one of (if not) worst presidents this nation has ever had. People hate trump for liking putin, when FDR was a friend to Stalin, and gave him rights to land where he slaughtered innocent lives in. Stalin's death count is somewhere around 30-40M. Killing the most people in history. 

FDR=BLUE

Trump=RED

Okay, I think you've started talking American because I have no idea what you're saying here.

Just now, BiscuitMassacre said:

Getting someone in office that you halfsupport is better than voting in someone you fully support and don't even win.

I agree, you have to have some leeway as there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. That said, I dont support either main parties candidates. Both have massive issues and both have a very high likelyhood of causing severe damage over their term. Its a lose-lose race imo.

trainwreck.jpg

Personally I'm surprised this many people voted for legalized marijuana, when I went to Breckenridge this year it was ten fold worse than it usually is. You always had the couple of hippies who take 15 minutes to come help you at the shop, but literally everyone was like that this year. The bus drivers scare the crap out of me now, high as a kite and can barely stay on the road. I'd rather that stays contained to Colorado and doesn't seep all over my state.

I'll vote Trump, I like guns... MERICA

Plus I think it could be really entertaining.

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

It's interesting to see how many people are voting against the legalization of Marijuana. I thought it'd be heavily biased towards legalization.

IMO people are going to use either way. Making it legal will just allow users to come out into the open, and the government to sanction its production.

Just gotta say I'm proud of you guys! I expected this to turn into a horrible mess on the second page.

Way to keep it civil.

I must say I'm also surprised at the adoption rate of marijuana. Usually the forum is very anti drug.

5 hours ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

I didn't  vote .  I don't want to hear the "you should be ashamed at least vote blah blah ".  Either candidate is a terrible choice.  Sure you can vote for a 3rd party but at this point it seems to be more of a "at least I wasn't responsible for this " cop out and we all know it's virtually impossible to one to win.  If you heard the reasoning some people my age (18) have for choosing a candidate you'd wish they couldn't vote.  It's extremely surface level and shallow with next to no understanding of their policies.  Yes no shit you can vote forth a plethora of other position and issues on the ballot I understand that.     

If it's like up here, the more votes that the lower parties get, the bigger representation they have in the political process. Have you seen how many people have already said "I'd vote for them but it wouldn't matter". Expand that to the rest of the country, and they might have a chance.

There are more things on the ballots than just Presidency. Perhaps you should look up what's on yours. Might be able to vote to increase the minimum wage.

4 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

Really did not like the selection choices.  I will be voting tomorrow but like the previous 3 Presidential elections i will be writing the name of a different candidate in.  So there really ought to have been an "other" option.

Also while i don't favor legalizing MJ i do agree with permitting medical marijuana for symptom relief for specific condition(s).  I also believe we should reduce current penalties for MJ use.

So a medical MJ option should of been available too.

At that point you are basically trying to pick who has the best running mate, because that's who would be running the country.  I know a fair amount about Kaine, because i live in Virginia, but know next to nothing about Pence.  So i can't really make an informed decision. 

Because presidential races have become "must win" scenarios on both sides.  So instead of picking a candidate for each party that would be the best at running the country; they pick the candidate who has the best chance of defeating the opposition. 

It used to be that incumbent presidents, meaning current presidents running for re-election, had to fight off their own party during the primaries before the general election.  However these days its taboo for anyone from the same party as the president to challenge them during an election year. 

A wall across the entirety of the southern U.S boarder would indeed be a very bad idea.  However Walls across some of the more remote areas of the boarder which would help funnel illegal foot traffic into easier to patrol locations.  Currently these areas are tough to police, and it's a lot like playing whack a mole trying to get everyone.  However that should be paired with some sort of reform, or at minimum stream lining the immigration process.  Even if we don't admit more people, legally, it shouldn't be a pain in the ass to navigate. 

You can actually write whatever name you want on the ballot? Interesting!

I didn't want it to turn into a massive survey, so I kept it at a minimum. Curious, why are you against marijuana?

Interestingly a very small number of immigrants come across the border that way. It's been proven that most get a visa and then just fail to leave when it expires.

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yes, no one likes her. She even fumbled her own health care bill when her husband was the prez.

Then her talks with the bankers. Email.

Its the same old same old.

Its going to be a tight race. Ohio is where its at, and Florida.

Tomorrow will be like the OJ trial, just rent movies.

Hell yeah! I already have my popcorn purchased. Except I'll be watching the ballot counts.

4 hours ago, Weird Face said:

I'm Canadian, but I would vote for Trump purely because the end result would be funny. Endless news headlines of Trump doing or saying something hilarious each week would make for excellent small talk during breaks at work. I can't imagine the same if Hillary were to win. Email scandals just aren't very good for laughs.

Interestingly, my group of coworkers are overwhelmingly Hillary supporters. We're all university-educated ("college" for you USians) with at least a Bachelors.

Haha, university education doesn't equate to educated decisions.

You learn what you take in class, I know plenty of pretty university educated people who aren't particularly smart.

4 hours ago, kirashi said:

What about those of us who can't vote? Are we still entitled to bitch about the election process?

About the horrendous amount of time it takes to elect new leaders?

About the numerous charges of slander that both Trump and Hillary should be charged for?

About how both choices are horrible, and how America is really just picking the lesser of two evils?

You can, but I'd only respect it if you voted when you became of age.

I don't believe laziness is a good excuse.

That's a problem with the political system, and really the US media system as a whole.

They are. However that doesn't mean one shouldn't vote. There ARE other candidates, and there are other items on the ballot that might be of greater importance to that individual.

3 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

To be fair, the grand majority of North Koreans don't have Internet except for a few in their government. I also remember reading something a few months ago that their internet connection went down for a period of time.

Wasn't it shown that they have fewer websites that they can actually access than there are in GTA 5?

While they have internet, it's not exactly "the internet". I'd say it's more of an intranet.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm not voting for anyone this election. I hate politics. 

Nothing else on the ballot that you're concerned about?

I mean I feel you, I'm the same way. I voted once when I was 19 and never again. But I also don't complain about the stupid things the government does (not implying you do!).

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Clinton wants to go to war with Russia whereas Trump wants to make peace with Russia. Can you connect the dots or is that too hard? Trump wouldn't nuke a thing.

Trump wants to withdraw the US from the Asia Pacific theater, which would destabilize the entire region.

Neither one is that ideal when it comes to foreign policy.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wall's already started m8, and was pretty popular too.

Oh no taxes. You're either having the money in the economy or putting it through a broken welfare system that doesn't work. Pick your poison? I'll take my chances with the economy because you guys really have no idea how to have social programs.

Such as?

No she doesn't, she doesn't give a shit about you or any of her voters for that matter. She's shown time and time again she'll change her opinion on an issue solely because it'll be better for her public image. She'd sell your sorry ass the the lowest bidder just to continue having government power.

And yeah, Hillary is a politician. And that's exactly why Trump got so popular. Politicians are corrupt pieces of shit that don't care about their voting base.

Is the wall really already being built? What a horrible idea.

More people get in via other means. Plus the maintenance costs on that wall...oy....

Haha, and Trump hasn't flip flopped like a fish when it comes to him saying things? Let's be real..

I agree, I always see politics in general as high school for adults. Merely a popularity contest.

1 hour ago, bob345 said:

Where is the 3rd party option? Neither trump or Hillary should represent the us. Neither of them are getting my vote.

I didn't know who they were, didn't bother adding them.

1 hour ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

I don't think it takes much to realise that her own freaking husband got impeached for sexual assault. Her TOP aide is married to A FREAKING PEDOPHILE. WHAT THE HECK.

I'm not sure why that affects the Presidential candidate at all. It's both none of her business, nor does it affect her.

48 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

That is true. Still another reason to vote Trump. He hasn't been a politician but the last few years. We NEED another Reagan. Trump is our Reagan. In order to withhold the constitution, Reagan is all we got. 

The government does a whole lot more than that. Who takes care of the roads? Funds capital projects?

I'm sure there's more but I don't know what's Federal vs Municipal down south of the 49th.

35 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

It's not about just being 18+, you must also be registered to vote. 

They don't cram it down your throat as soon as you turn 18? They do here. Which, honestly, is a good thing.

The more people that vote the better. Make yourself heard. I'd love to see the numbers on how many people actually vote in the US. I bet it's quite low, probably in the 30's.

14 minutes ago, Scheer said:

Personally I'm surprised this many people voted for legalized marijuana, when I went to Breckenridge this year it was ten fold worse than it usually is. You always had the couple of hippies who take 15 minutes to come help you at the shop, but literally everyone was like that this year. The bus drivers scare the crap out of me now, high as a kite and can barely stay on the road. I'd rather that stays contained to Colorado and doesn't seep all over my state.

I'll vote Trump, I like guns... MERICA

Plus I think it could be really entertaining.

The bus drivers shouldn't be high, and would most likely be fired. It'd be akin to drinking and driving, so I don't really buy that.

It's going to take a couple of years for the social aspects to really be nailed down, but I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be allowed for recreational use. It's no different (some could argue better) than alcohol.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

IMO people are going to use either way. Making it legal will just allow users to come out into the open, and the government to sanction its production.

Let's be real the government is more interested in the tax revenue, which is absolutely huge.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Let's be real the government is more interested in the tax revenue, which is absolutely huge.

Oh yeah, that too, but they'd also be willing to control production to make sure it's made right. Y'know, so that people who smoke weed would stay alive longer, therby paying more of that TAX MONAY.

The other thing too is it would significantly drop the number of drug offenses, helping our overpopulated prison population. It would also reduce crime rates by severly impacting the black market. There's a lot more in it for the government than just money.

EDIT: But I mean who am I to say. I'm 14, I have no say in this election.>:(

15 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Trump wants to withdraw the US from the Asia Pacific theater, which would destabilize the entire region.

Neither one is that ideal when it comes to foreign policy.

Is the wall really already being built? What a horrible idea.

More people get in via other means. Plus the maintenance costs on that wall...oy....

Haha, and Trump hasn't flip flopped like a fish when it comes to him saying things? Let's be real..

Which would be a bad idea, I agree.

True, but I'd rather have the person trying to avoid war.

It got pitched during the Clinton presidency iirc, and started during Bush's. Why is having a wall a horrible idea? We have a border, protect it. Hard concept.

You'd be surprised how many people literally just walk across the border, or climb over the existing part of the wall. And yes. Maintenance. Gotta grease the wall bearings. 9_9

Not as much as Clinton who basically changes her opinion with whatever is popular over 35+ years and then does the same thing over and over again.

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You can, but I'd only respect it if you voted when you became of age.

I don't believe laziness is a good excuse.

That's a problem with the political system, and really the US media system as a whole.

They are. However that doesn't mean one shouldn't vote. There ARE other candidates, and there are other items on the ballot that might be of greater importance to that individual.

No, see I can't vote because I'm Canadian. :D 

But I want NOTHING to do with American polio, I mean politics.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

First of all there are 3rd party candidates. We dont have to choose Democrat or Republican. Im voting for Johnson. 

I got my spot picked out and my popcorn ready. I ready to watch the world burn. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

18 minutes ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

Oh yeah, that too, but they'd also be willing to control production to make sure it's made right. Y'know, so that people who smoke weed would stay alive longer, therby paying more of that TAX MONAY.

The other thing too is it would significantly drop the number of drug offenses, helping our overpopulated prison population. It would also reduce crime rates by severly impacting the black market. There's a lot more in it for the government than just money.

EDIT: But I mean who am I to say. I'm 14, I have no say in this election.>:(

There hasn't been enough solid research to find out how m much is bad. The US is too scared to find it's benefits.

The main problem with the US prison system is that it's for-profit. Granted the charges for ridiculous offenses also play a part, as does the fact that officers press charges instead of court appointed officials.

It won't impact drug dealers, they'll simply lower their prices to compensate.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Which would be a bad idea, I agree.

True, but I'd rather have the person trying to avoid war.

It got pitched during the Clinton presidency iirc, and started during Bush's. Why is having a wall a horrible idea? We have a border, protect it. Hard concept.

You'd be surprised how many people literally just walk across the border, or climb over the existing part of the wall. And yes. Maintenance. Gotta grease the wall bearings. 9_9

Not as much as Clinton who basically changes her opinion with whatever is popular over 35+ years and then does the same thing over and over again.

Pulling troops off the DMZ wouldn't be avoiding war, though. I imagine it's just as bad as Hilary's (tbh I've heard nothing about her stance on Russia and war).

The costs. You already have some form of defense against most of it, no? There's razor wire walls or something of that nature. It's not so much a wall in general, but a wall to the degree that Trump wants a wall. Many stories high, etc.

Does one need a wall for their border? Can you name another country that has a wall that extends over their entire border?

I wouldn't. People overstaying their visas account for much greater numbers. Perhaps police that a little more?

Also, a wall the size that Trump wants was estimated to cost 12+ billion a year to maintain. Walls don't just stand forever.

They're both poor. Don't try and play Trump off as being any better, because he's not.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler