• Non American
  4. 4. I'm not American, but I'd vote for

• Clinton
    • Trump
    • American non voter
  5. 5. I would vote to legalize Marijuana

• Yes! Them tax dollars.
    • No. Drugs are bad M'kay.

I am just going to say, if you actually watch CNN and believe it, that really sucks. I almost trust buzzfeed more than CNN.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

42 minutes ago, Praesi said:

There  are always People who are  too lazy to think. Watching  CNN is more easy than read through wikileaks i guess.

Hey, if you ever see an argument, give it my regards.

But if I'm going to make predictions like "end of the two party system", "war with Russia" (no, really, I didn't make that up), or that the NSA spying on us depends on who's president, at least I won't start preaching about "thinking". That'd be like Clinton complaining about political dynasties, or Trump demanding political correctness. 

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Hey, if you ever see an argument, give it my regards.

But if I'm going to make predictions like "end of the two party system", "war with Russia" (no, really, I didn't make that up), or that the NSA spying on us depends on who's president, at least I won't start preaching about "thinking". That'd be like Clinton complaining about political dynasties, or Trump demanding political correctness. 

Go and read leaked emails. Proof is all there. Nothing more to say. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

What internet do you mean?

They don't have a internet, they have 2, sort of.

The first network is limited to N-Korea itself, it's completely separated from the internet we know, they even go as far as saying building A can have N-korea internet and building B with "normal" internet (the one we use) needs to be X meters away. That's legit how far they go. Yes it has its own class systems, DNS servers, everything.

Both internets are not allowed in the same building. There has to be a gap between them.

And normal people iirc can access the N-korea internet with computers in their library. Also the elite of N-Korea that can afford a computer usually also have access to the N-Korea network.

You are confusing an intranet with the internet which there can only be one of.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Holy fuck, Trump just sued Clark County in Nevada for letting people already in line when polling stations officially closed being allowed to early vote. What a piece of shit party, the GOP's entire strategy for winning is to just suppress turnout.

5 hours ago, Tm_Carbon said:

I would rather not have minimum wage rise. The thing is everyone who earns minimum will end up getting paid more while others who are paid more than minimum won't get extra. Companies then try to compensate for paying their employees more by raising prices of different products/services. The people who earned more now start to earn less because of the prices increasing and people who earn minimum wage don't change at all financially. Minimum wage employees complain that they want a job and the cycle keeps happening. Eventually the economy will crash because no one can afford the basic necessities. 

I just don't understand how most people think you should be able to live off minimum wage. Minimum wage jobs are meant for kids in highschool/college to earn a little bit of money (unless the company is ripping you off but thats another issue). Its not meant to support an entire family and for you to buy whatever you want. 

While I can understand why you think that, it's been proven many times over to be the other way around.

Minimum wage increases, those people in turn are able to purchase more. The economy as a whole improves, businesses don't have to raise prices because they're doing more volume which greatly outweighs the added per-employee cost.

Are you kidding? People who make minimum wage would love to be able to spend more money. That's a ridiculous thing to think.

By your logic, Australia should have already collapsed, and Seattle and London should be in utter ruin.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

46 minutes ago, dizmo said:

While I can understand why you think that, it's been proven many times over to be the other way around.

Minimum wage increases, those people in turn are able to purchase more. The economy as a whole improves, businesses don't have to raise prices because they're doing more volume which greatly outweighs the added per-employee cost.

You are partially correct. 

It has been proven that there can be an economic benefit toward raising the minimum wage, but you get diminishing returns as the the amount of said raise is increased.

While it is true that price increases aren't as stark after a minimum wage increase as a lot of people make it out to be; it isn't because those business are suddenly pushing more volume.  Americans are very sensitive to prices and always wanting to get the most for our money. This is especially evident in the restaurant business where we get a lot of food for a relatively low price, but at the expense of quality.  So instead of raising prices these businesses offset costs in other manners.  Some of the methods used are layoffs, automation, using immigrant labor, lower product quality etc... 

Lastly while a lot of economist strongly support raising the minimum wage to say $10 an hour most of those same economist oppose raising it to $15.  As that would have a negative impact especially in rural or suburban regions where the cost of living is more tame.  Places like NYC would be ok as it's already expensive to live in those places. 

I vote for Misha 

Spoiler

ok jk jk pls no ddos me imma good boy

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I just found out that you don't get time off work to go vote. Really? That's ridiculous.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

11 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I just found out that you don't get time off work to go vote. Really? That's ridiculous.

Federally there is no law requiring employers to allow employees time off to work, however, almost every state does have such a law, so in reality, you do get time off to vote. 

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/taking-time-off-voting-jury-29708.html

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Federally there is no law requiring employers to allow employees time off to work, however, almost every state does have such a law, so in reality, you do get time off to vote. 

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/taking-time-off-voting-jury-29708.html

Well, that's good to know. I'm surprised how many states don't give that time paid though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Well, that's good to know. I'm surprised how many states don't give that time paid though.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, it's really not your employers responsibility to pay you for doing things non work related. However, I would be very much in support of increased voting hours, perhaps even multiple days, unfortunately the government did not consult me when setting up the regulations. :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

At the risk of sounding like an ass, it's really not your employers responsibility to pay you for doing things non work related. However, I would be very much in support of increased voting hours, perhaps even multiple days, unfortunately the government did not consult me when setting up the regulations. :P

I get the feeling they don't consult us about anything really....

System: Thinkpad T460

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Voting stations are allowing people to enter the line when the poll is closed.

11 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

It is if it's legislated ;)

At least they thought of absentee ballots. Being able to do it on your own time is a huge benefit.

In Canada we have absentee ballots as well as 4 days to vote prior to election day.

I'm surprised they don't have something like that down there, since you have 10x the population.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Even though I'm not a US citizen, I don't believe that I would ever be able to fully support Donald Trump. We agree on a few things, but ultimately I just don't think I'd be able to side with that man.

My main issue is that both candidates support the death penalty. Sorry guys, but until you abolish the death penalty you're a third world country in my eyes.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Even though I'm not a US citizen, I don't believe that I would ever be able to fully support Donald Trump. We agree on a few things, but ultimately I just don't think I'd be able to side with that man.

My main issue is that both candidates support the death penalty. Sorry guys, but until you abolish the death penalty you're a third world country in my eyes.

Nerd3?

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

Nerd3?

What?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

What?

Sorry, just what you said was a pitch-perfect recreation of what he said in that video.

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

Sorry, just what you said was a pitch-perfect recreation of what he said in that video.

Brb, looking him up :P Sounds like my kind of guy.

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Brb, looking him up :P Sounds like my kind of guy.

Reload the page, I attached the video.

Just got done voting. Took my niece with me so she could see the process. Gotta start them young.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 minutes ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

Reload the page, I attached the video.

Wow, that's uncanny. Similar opinions, similar style of comedy - we even have a similar accent. I think I found my spirit animal :P 

What has Hillary accomplished in her time from being first lady, to governor of NY state to whatever she was at the White House with Obama Hussein.

9/11 workers health care after 12 yrs. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After how many cancer cases.

Negotiated the toughest sanctions Iran has ever faced.

Negotiated a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas.

Which any ole bloke could have done.

Oh heres another website.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/carly-fiorina-debate-hillary-clintons-greatest-accomplishment-213157

Trump would be a favorite if he didn't embrace such a ridiculously racist image. He should have focused on targeting the non-white working class. He had the white working class on lock so early, sticking to that audience for so long is questionable. His last scramble for diversity votes was eyebrow-raising at best. I think he would've even gotten over the sexist image problem. Maybe vice versa too.

Saying stupid things like "build the wall" put his campaign under the waterline to boot.

The predictable response was huge minority turnout in NV and FL and the most early votes ever, which favors democrats. Hillary leading Hispanics on exits 65 to 25, business as usual there. If he loses NV+FL, he's cooked. Ignoring everything else, Trump's campaigning strategy set himself up to lose and I'm watching his campaign manager, live, essentially admit this. He needs a sweep, which is optimistic, to say the least. He's going to win Texas, but it might be by the smallest margin ever.

I'm genuinely curious on how the alt right is supposed to be attractive to "others". Isn't it fundamentally about making white Americans feel like they belong again? The issue there is that it's frequently achieved at the expense of all the rest. Bringing back tribalism, conservative instinct, old culture. But white American culture is also rooted in systematic racism + sexism. Separating the two cleanly is basically a non-starter. I have friends that support Trump and are civil. But I've seen too many on social media (so as to say it's not the news coloring my views) that simply aren't interested in separating the problems. So the idea of bringing back old culture is reasonably scary for non-white-males. Plus, from the minority's perspective, rich white people control the US already. Though rich and poor white people are a very different group.

I must admit most of my news sources aren't pro- alt right though. Anyone have some serious alt right news sources to teach myself, if I'm off base? Is it just Brietbart? Anything more serious? The whole movement makes me think it's punk in a technology-powered age.

Clinton flip-flops. I consider that a plus, it makes her more conservative. Minorities who are humming along would rather have politics as usual (under handed corruption and all) than politics working to actively work against them. It appears to be the opposite for working class white Americans who feel disenfranchised, who perceive the system to be working against them, and need to revert back to the past when things were better.

Also, why on EARTH did Trump not spend his own money on the campaign 6 months ago? He admits he's very rich. He could've had such better ground support. Donors should be frustrated that Trump didn't have his own skin in the game instead of "bragging" about not spending over 10 grand. Also it would prove that he's not a sellout.

A refined redo in 2020 should be EXTREMELY interesting, based on the popularity of Sanders and Trump.

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!