Call of duty: Infinite warfare requires UP TO 130GB of space!

33 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

Lmao no way you got that pc you liar 

Of course not. I would never slow myself down with such peasant components. I have an 8-socket 8890 V4 setup and a custom case from CaseLabs that has 8TB of DDR4 2666 ECC RAM from Samsung and 128TB of Optane SSDs. I also have a 4x100GbE NIC setup with link aggregation.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

People still play Call of Doody?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

4 hours ago, Bsmith said:

I find that a bad excuse to be honest, back when 4K was all new and shiny some people decided to make unreal tournament (2004 IIRC) run at 4K resolution, the textures scaled flawlessly and looked even better then before.
Even if we start talking pixel wise as for photography it doesn't make sense, 4k=8mp=sub 15mb file size, at most 25-30mb for RAW photographs.
I personally doubt if 4K textures really take THAT much space.

Texture resolution and screen resolution are not directly related. 

4 hours ago, skyler_mertz said:

Probably gigabytes of uncompressed data like sounds and movies. Like what Titanfall did for 60GB worth of space.

I thought the same, especially Titanfall's sound data was huge.

But man, 130GB.. I remember 2 years ago 50GB games were HUGE and now 130GB... Wew lad. I wonder if this will be including the Modern Warfare remastered game or not.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

It's always better raw, just like...

Sushi?

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

4 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

Sushi?

I was thinking oysters. ;)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Geeez...

That will eat up my cough new comcast data cap cough...

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

4 hours ago, Bsmith said:

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know if it's misleading as long we don't know it's possible to install just 1 game or that we are forced to install both games at the same time.

But still, after the calculation, 40GB for modern warfare and 90GB for infinite warfare, 90GB! that is still a lot of space for a single game.

Hot damn. I thought GTA V took up a lot of space (It takes up around 67GB)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Texture resolution and screen resolution are not directly related. 

but texture resolution and game resolution are, aren't they?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

those poor people with 120/128GB SSDs xD

No one in their right mind wouldn't install games on such low capacity dtivey. Even minesweeper. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Hot damn. I thought GTA V took up a lot of space (It takes up around 67GB)

67 GB is still a lot of space by any means. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 hours ago, Slottr said:

Just looked at the back of my old Cod 4 case for the xbox 360, requires 256 MEGABYTES. God I love modern gaming.

Thats probably juat the save file dude. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Bsmith said:

No. You can have shitty low-res textures while running a game at 4K.

9 hours ago, skyler_mertz said:

Probably gigabytes of uncompressed data like sounds and movies. Like what Titanfall did for 60GB worth of space.

Titanfall was basically 7GB not sound files and the rest 5.1 channel uncompressed sound files.

If Infinite Warfare is doing away with FLAC (or rather, going for multichannel audio), then that's surprising.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

GTA V was already ridiculous with it's 7 DVD packaging and 60GB install size...

Devices:

Desktop(s): Main Rig | CPU: R7 1700x, Ram: 16GB, GPU: GTX 1070 Ti

Server(s): My Server 

Laptop(s): Macbook Pro 13" (2015) 

Phone(s): iPhone SE (64GB), Nokia Lumia 925 

Well if we can't expect proper texture compression, something even amateur modders can easily pull off, I think hoping for decent multiplayer with dedicated servers is out of the question right?

-------

Current Rig

-------

11 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I would have 2TB, but Samsung hasn't released their 128GB DIMMs to the public yet.

Might as well build yourself a closet rack full of Blade PCs.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

Quite a lot indeed, specially for this game since it's not some RPG or MMO though.

I mean I don't mind I have space for it xD
But I wonder about uncrompressed data. Like how much and is it really worth it for such game that is mainly MP popular too.

Just looks like a game with 8K textures or so :D 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

i hope they do the BLOps 3 thing were you don´t have to download everything. because i only care about the IW SP campaign they can keep the rest.

7 hours ago, Bsmith said:

Screen resolution is the number of pixels your screen displays in a given area (obviously).

Texture resolution is the resolution of the texture itself... so..

Let's say you're playing a game at 4K (3840x2160), you're looking at a painting on a wall, and the texture for that painting is 1920x1080. Does that mean that texture is no good for 4K gaming? Not necessarily... If you move right up to the painting and it only takes up 1/4 of your screen or less, then you're not losing out on any quality because your monitor can't display more than 1920x1080 pixels in the area of the screen that the painting is displayed..

Conversely, if you're playing a game at 4K, you're looking at the side of a wooden barn, and the texture of that barn wall is 4K... that doesn't mean that the texture is good for playing the game in 4K. If you're able to walk up really close to the barn, and your entire screen space is only showing 1/4 of the barn wall, then the part of the texture you're seeing is only 1920x1080 pixels, which is less than the 3840x2160 pixels your monitor can display. It all depends on the object, how big it is, and where you're viewing it from.

So, while screen resolution and texture resolution are related, it's not as simple as "I have a 3840x2160 screen, so all the textures in the game need to be 3840x2160."

but why?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>