Call of duty: Infinite warfare requires UP TO 130GB of space!

Sources: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-05-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-modern-warfare-remastered-130gb-minimum

http://getintel.co/2cQB3WX 

If you install both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare plus Modern Warfare Remastered, you need at least 130GB of space free on your hard-drive.

That's according to the back of the PlayStation 4 version of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition, which itself was revealed by a French retailer (thanks, Charlie Intel).

Now, it comes as no surprise to learn that the two games' combined installation size is larger than a single Call of Duty, but 130GB total is something of an eyebrow-raiser. That's over a quarter of your 500GB console hard-drive.

We don't know the exact breakdown because Activision has yet to confirm it, but we can suggest that 40GB is for Modern Warfare Remastered, as that's the size of the MWR Campaign Early Access currently available to download on PS4.

That leaves a whopping 90GB for Infinite Warfare. Perhaps the size is the result of support for the 4K-fuelled PlayStation 4 Pro? We've asked Activision for clarification.

This is incredible! over 120gb of space required to install it completely, okey they are talking here about both games installed with ALL DLC included, but up to this point in time it is still unknown if you are able to instal them separate from each other or if you need to have both of them installed at the same time.
120GB doesn't look like much, but let's not forget that there are still 120gb  console's and laptops out there that get sold quite a lot.

Hopefully the PC version comes with it's own portable harddrive.

edit:

trying to fix tweet embedding

Fixed tweet embedding.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

That's a lot of data, wonder why it requires so much. Happy that disc media is still alive though because 130gb would take forever to download and would eat half of my monthly data cap.

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

isn't the capacity for blu-ray discs 50gb for the ps4 and the xbone? that would be three discs for the retail physical version

100GB for Blu-Ray now.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, Technicolors said:

isn't the capacity for blu-ray discs 50gb for the ps4 and the xbone? that would be three discs for the retail physical version

It can, as of recently, go to 128 GBs. 

But... why? Is compression too much to ask for these days?

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Just now, Weird Face said:

But... why? Is compression too much to ask for these days?

It's always better raw, just like...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, Jed M said:

It can, as of recently, go to 128 GBs. 

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

100GB for Blu-Ray now.

so two discs. one for infinite warfare, and the other for the remaster

Just now, skyler_mertz said:

Probably gigabytes of uncompressed data like sounds and movies. Like what Titanfall did for 60GB worth of space.

also lots of 4K textures 

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

also lots of 4K textures 

I find that a bad excuse to be honest, back when 4K was all new and shiny some people decided to make unreal tournament (2004 IIRC) run at 4K resolution, the textures scaled flawlessly and looked even better then before.
Even if we start talking pixel wise as for photography it doesn't make sense, 4k=8mp=sub 15mb file size, at most 25-30mb for RAW photographs.
I personally doubt if 4K textures really take THAT much space.

Just looked at the back of my old Cod 4 case for the xbox 360, requires 256 MEGABYTES. God I love modern gaming.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Could’ve gotten a better monitor tbh. Maybe the want for 5K is just me.

Nah, not until the Titan XP Black Edition with all 3840 cores unlocked at a glorious 2GHz.

3 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

I find that a bad excuse to be honest, back when 4K was all new and shiny some people decided to make unreal tournament (2004 IIRC) run at 4K resolution, the textures scaled flawlessly and looked even better then before.
Even if we start talking pixel wise as for photography it doesn't make sense, 4k=8mp=sub 15mb file size, at most 25-30mb for RAW photographs.
I personally doubt if 4K textures really take THAT much space.

from what i found about the trailers the game has a very large high-res texture library, tailored for the claimed 4K rendering on the PS4 Pro 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

from what i found about the trailers the game has a very large high-res texture library, tailored for the claimed 4K rendering on the PS4 Pro 

Also, I'm wondering if uncompressed audio language packs are required to be on the disk. I'm alright with them being on the disk and choosing which ones to install at download/transfer time, but don't force me to have them on my HDD taking up space. Seriously I don't care that the game supports czechoslovakian, I will never use it. Don't force me to have it.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Well, I assume that the install size will be 130 GBs, and that the actual size of the download will be quite smaller.

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I just-

Well played.

I would have 2TB, but Samsung hasn't released their 128GB DIMMs to the public yet.

2 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Also, I'm wondering if uncompressed audio language packs are required to be on the disk. I'm alright with them being on the disk and choosing which ones to install at download/transfer time, but don't force me to have them on my HDD taking up space. Seriously I don't care that the game supports czechoslovakian, I will never use it. Don't force me to have it.

no idea. ideally it should be what you said. the game will ask you what language you want to use, and it'll only install that language pack. that or localization will allow certain languages to be used in the country it's released on 

24 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Just looked at the back of my old Cod 4 case for the xbox 360, requires 256 MEGABYTES. God I love modern gaming.

Oh Yeah !! 'member when COD was good ? 'Member when games were released with almost no bugs ? I member ! Oh, oh ! 'member Windows XP ? 'member when games could fit on a Compact Disk ? 'member the Jawas ?

What was the size of the Xbox HDD by the way ? And why only 256 MB for COD ? Did it only store saves ? Is it mandatory to install a game on one's console for it to run nowadays ?

I imagine a large part is uncompressed audio in 30 different languages.

Game designers are obviously audiophiles that like to get off at the thought of someone playing on an 87.1 audio system even though 90%+ likely aren't using anything better than their TV speakers or a pair of cheap headphones.

27 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Installing two games takes a lot more available disk space then installing 1, more at 11.

That's super misleading.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know if it's misleading as long we don't know it's possible to install just 1 game or that we are forced to install both games at the same time.

But still, after the calculation, 40GB for modern warfare and 90GB for infinite warfare, 90GB! that is still a lot of space for a single game.

130GB of wasted space.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE