THQ is back! Sort of...

Nineshadow

thq_nordic                                              220px-Nordicgames-logo.svg.png

You guys remember THQ, right? They were a pretty big video game developer and publisher. Among their works you might remember Saints Row, Red Faction, Company of Heroes and Darksiders. You might also remember that they went bankrupt in 2012, a big surprise for everyone in the industry.

As odd as it may seem to rebrand yourself after a failed game publisher, that's exactly what Nordic Games did, game publisher from Austria. They started off from JoWooD (man I miss them) and have gotten their hands on a lot of other IPs over the years. They've also been involved in retail deals and ports for games, like Ori and the Blind Forest and Broken Age. Anyway, in the 2013 THQ auction they bought a lot of IPs from them and the THQ trademark, which they've now put to good use, officially changing their name from Nordic Games to THQ Nordic.

Taken from their official press release:

Whilst we take great pride in our Swedish roots and accomplished a great deal under the Nordic Games masthead, we decided it was time to incorporate the THQ name. Those key brands will continue to shape our business in a meaningful way going forward, and THQ Nordic represents a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. We cherish them, and align them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.

With this rebrand we are entering the next phase in our company’s evolution.

As of now we have 23 game projects in development, 13 thereof have not yet been publicly announced, but are sure to be in the next months. Needless to say, the majority of these projects are based on former THQ owned IPs and franchises.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

5 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Whops, accidentally posted the topic. Writing it right now. TL;DR : Nordic Games got renamed to THQ Nordic.

You guys remember THQ, right?

I just remember THQ because they used to own 4A games. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Ok, finished writing the post.

Jeez, I just wanted to insert a new paragraph and pressed enter. Little did I know that the "Submit post" button was selected because I had been switching tabs. Oh well...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Cool. Now gimme darksiders 3

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

oh shit, didnt know about nordic games, fuck yeah! spellforce and the guild ftw!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Hopefully they are developing a new Supreme Commander game, there hasen't been a better RTS than Supreme Commander 1 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

43 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So...do they have the license for those Gothic games? Or did someone picked up those assets?

The Gothic license returned to Piranha Bytes following the release of Arcania. Piranha Bytes is currently working on ELEX, and haven't yet mentioned plans for another game in the Gothic universe.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

so will this mean saints row 5? i've been waiting for the successor in the sequel for like FOREVER.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just want a true successor to the MXvsATV series the last good game in the series was reflex :/

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

So...do they have the license for those Gothic games? Or did someone picked up those assets?

well the IP is back with the original developer piranha bytes. and the old Gothic games are under Nordic publishing now.

Saints Row 3 was pretty good, I heard that the games after it kinda sucked. Maybe it had to do with THQ going bust. Well that'll be interesting to see if it'll be like the THQ that I knew about or if it's more like this Nordic Games company. I'd suspect it might be a mash up of the two?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Cool. Now gimme darksiders 3

I want darksider 3 as well, but unfortunately thats the 1 IP they didnt get because someone else had a higher bid for it ?. There were talks to create the game for that company but ive heard nothing about it since.....

I have no signature

52 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Saints Row 3 was pretty good, I heard that the games after it kinda sucked. Maybe it had to do with THQ going bust. Well that'll be interesting to see if it'll be like the THQ that I knew about or if it's more like this Nordic Games company. I'd suspect it might be a mash up of the two?

SR4 was dreadful, they took a fairly decent IP and made it dumb, repetitive and boring. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

SR4 was dreadful, they took a fairly decent IP and made it dumb, repetitive and boring. 

I tried SR3 on a trial of On Live I had and I found it kinda interesting, so I got it for my Xbox 360 for sometime a bit later and I played the full game and yeah I liked it. Going back to it after using GTA V it was a bit weird, controls wise but nonetheless it was  an interesting game. SR4 I heard was more so like canned DLC that was meant for SR3 but then became its own game instead. Not sure about Gat out of Hell though.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Yay! Please bring back Darksiders! I loved that series.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Nice! Titan Quest was fun, Darksiders continuation now.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I hope Juiced 3!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

10 hours ago, terrytek said:

so will this mean saints row 5? i've been waiting for the successor in the sequel for like FOREVER.

THQ Nordic doesn't own Saints Row - so no. This does not mean Saints Row 5. IIRC, Rockstar Deep Silver now owns the Saints Row franchise. Expect to see them eventually make a SR5 eventually, but THQ Nordic will have no involvement.

6 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

Just want a true successor to the MXvsATV series the last good game in the series was reflex :/

Fortunately for you, MX vs ATV is one of the THQ licenses that Nordic bought.

For those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ_Nordic#Key_Franchises.2FIPs

THQ_Nordic.png

These are the ONLY THQ IP's that THQ Nordic owns. Still a decent portfolio, mind you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, Helly said:

I want darksider 3 as well, but unfortunately thats the 1 IP they didnt get because someone else had a higher bid for it ?. There were talks to create the game for that company but ive heard nothing about it since.....

they have darksiders and according to a gamestar article they are looking into it.  

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

THQ Nordic doesn't own Saints Row - so no. This does not mean Saints Row 5. IIRC, Rockstar Deep Silver now owns the Saints Row franchise. Expect to see them eventually make a SR5 eventually, but THQ Nordic will have no involvement.

Fortunately for you, MX vs ATV is one of the THQ licenses that Nordic bought.

For those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ_Nordic#Key_Franchises.2FIPs

THQ_Nordic.png

These are the ONLY THQ IP's that THQ Nordic owns. Still a decent portfolio, mind you.

they will also do the retail/steam version of Quantum Break.

6 hours ago, Helly said:

I don't know what you're talking about, but as the picture in my post proves, and @ADM-Ntek reinforces, THQ Nordic bought the Darksiders IP from the THQ Auction. They have full rights to the game series.

6 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

they have darksiders and according to a gamestar article they are looking into it.  

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Please let there be a new juiced game!

The arcade racer market is completely empty, especially on PC.

Afaik the only good-ish arcade racer released this year is the new nfs...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon