THQ is back! Sort of...

Nineshadow

inb4 they release a new uDraw and get bankrupt again xD

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't know what you're talking about, but as the picture in my post proves, and @ADM-Ntek reinforces, THQ Nordic bought the Darksiders IP from the THQ Auction. They have full rights to the game series.

Oops, i remembered it wrong. Nordic was the one who had the higher bid. It was vigil who wanted it but couldnt get it. The talks i mentioned are between vigil games and nordic. 

I have no signature

On 8/13/2016 at 11:36 AM, terrytek said:

so will this mean saints row 5? i've been waiting for the successor in the sequel for like FOREVER.

THQ are not the developers.  Their main business is publishing.  Volition made SR.  And there is no SR 5.  They're working on a different game set apparently in the same universe, but looks like multiplayer.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

On 13/08/2016 at 2:50 PM, dalekphalm said:

THQ Nordic doesn't own Saints Row - so no. This does not mean Saints Row 5. IIRC, Rockstar Deep Silver now owns the Saints Row franchise. Expect to see them eventually make a SR5 eventually, but THQ Nordic will have no involvement.

Fortunately for you, MX vs ATV is one of the THQ licenses that Nordic bought.

For those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ_Nordic#Key_Franchises.2FIPs

THQ_Nordic.png

These are the ONLY THQ IP's that THQ Nordic owns. Still a decent portfolio, mind you.

Dat list.... soo many childhood memories :D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

huh neat, let us hope they are going to make something great.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On 13.8.2016 at 1:16 AM, EpicNewman said:

THQ was the best!

2361821-nes_homealone.jpg

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

11 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

Never heard of THQ, I though this was about the old audio studio form movies.

THX is still around, you see the certification mentioned mostly on Creative audio products or products that use their chips since they own it.

On 2016-08-15 at 0:24 AM, zacRupnow said:

Err... how can you have never heard of THQ? How long have you been in PC Gaming for, out of curiosity?

22 hours ago, Derangel said:

THX is still around, you see the certification mentioned mostly on Creative audio products or products that use their chips since they own it.

THX is also huge in the theatre sound business, certifying multichannel movie theatre installations, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.8.2016 at 6:24 AM, zacRupnow said:

What? never heard of THQ? 

So you have also not seen videos of or played the Metro series, Dawn of War, Company of heroes(the first one), Saints Row, Red Faction and otners?

because when you started them up or in all trailers and stuff when THQ was around, had a big THQ logo in them.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 minute ago, Mihle Gaming said:

So you have also not seen videos of or played the Metro series, Dawn of War, Company of heroes(the first one), Saints Row, Red Faction and otners?

because when you started them up or in all trailers and stuff when THQ was around, had a big THQ logo in them.

He's also apparently never seen a LucasFilm movie before - like Star Wars or Indiana Jones. All of those films have the iconic "bwwwaaAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhh" THX logo during opening credits.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I've never seen the THQ logo until this. I played Metro 2033 when it was released, played Metro LL and the 'Redux' of both Metro games, never seen THQ logos.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

He's also apparently never seen a LucasFilm movie before - like Star Wars or Indiana Jones. All of those films have the iconic "bwwwaaAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhh" THX logo during opening credits.

FacePalm.jpg
I specifically sited the THX intro...

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

On 8/16/2016 at 7:42 AM, dalekphalm said:

Err... how can you have never heard of THQ? How long have you been in PC Gaming for, out of curiosity?

THX is also huge in the theatre sound business, certifying multichannel movie theatre installations, etc.

I know THX more than well enough. To answer the PC gaming question, I've never had a console, played on an old E-Machines laptop a family member brought home decomishiond from Navy. 2005~2009 I played the first 3 Harry Potter games, some Sherlock Holmes, The Longest Journey, Cod 1/2, Battlefield BC1, Crysis 1, and Halo 1. But I wasn't a gamer, played outside almost exclusively. Only became an active gamer with a Mac port of RAGE and Skyrim in 2011 then built my PC in early 2014. Warframe, BF3, Insurgency are my most played games currently but my favorites are RAGE, Witcher 2, Skyrim, and Dreamfall Chapters (which is the 3rd and last game in the Longest Journey series from 1998).

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

4 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

I've never seen the THQ logo until this. I played Metro 2033 when it was released, played Metro LL and the 'Redux' of both Metro games, never seen THQ logos.

FacePalm.jpg
I specifically sited the THX intro...

My bad, must have mixed up my responses :P lol

• 11 months later...
On 2016-08-12 at 11:18 PM, Delicieuxz said:

The Gothic license returned to Piranha Bytes following the release of Arcania. Piranha Bytes is currently working on ELEX, and haven't yet mentioned plans for another game in the Gothic universe.

It's been a year. Any updates about ELEX. @Delicieuxz, have you heard any updates about it? Other than being scheduled for release October, 2017...

On 8/13/2016 at 3:25 AM, ivan134 said:

Cool. Now gimme darksiders 3

Contain thy caballus

http://store.steampowered.com/app/606280/Darksiders_III/

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

3 hours ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

It's been a year. Any updates about ELEX. @Delicieuxz, have you heard any updates about it? Other than being scheduled for release October, 2017...

There's new combat / exploring / jetpack footage from Gamescom. It's looking interesting, IMO. I still would like to see something showing its dialog and quest-giving.

Some of it reminds me of The Surge in its style.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

On 8/13/2016 at 0:12 AM, Nineshadow said:

remember that they went bankrupt in 2012

Omg that was 2012, jeez that felt like yesterday, time goes so fast

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

On 8/12/2016 at 8:43 PM, Tocsin_786 said:

Hopefully they are developing a new Supreme Commander game, there hasen't been a better RTS than Supreme Commander 1 

Supreme Commander was still owned by Gas Powered Games when they got bought out by Wargaming and became Wargaming Seattle. So you have an upwards battle to try and convince them to drop ripping people off with World of Tanks and go back to RTSs.

On 8/13/2016 at 7:50 AM, dalekphalm said:

THQ Nordic doesn't own Saints Row - so no. This does not mean Saints Row 5. IIRC, Rockstar Deep Silver now owns the Saints Row franchise. Expect to see them eventually make a SR5 eventually, but THQ Nordic will have no involvement.

Fortunately for you, MX vs ATV is one of the THQ licenses that Nordic bought.

For those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ_Nordic#Key_Franchises.2FIPs

THQ_Nordic.png

These are the ONLY THQ IP's that THQ Nordic owns. Still a decent portfolio, mind you.

The only game on that list that I'm desperate for a sequel to is Destroy All Humans!. I miss that series immensely. Hopefully we'll see a PC version of it though.

1 hour ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Supreme Commander was still owned by Gas Powered Games when they got bought out by Wargaming and became Wargaming Seattle. So you have an upwards battle to try and convince them to drop ripping people off with World of Tanks and go back to RTSs.

The only game on that list that I'm desperate for a sequel to is Destroy All Humans!. I miss that series immensely. Hopefully we'll see a PC version of it though.

Who says they can't do both? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Like others, I saw THQ and thought of THX the movie company that blew out your goddamn speakers

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

55 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

Who says they can't do both? 

I assume you're speaking about Wargaming Seattle and making a Supreme Commander 3?

That would be Wargaming's head office who basically shut them down and turned them into a western PR team when they buyout happened >.>

My fantasy future they just give the Supreme Commander IP to Nordic to do trippy things with.

If not though, you might want to try Ashes of the Singularity. It's shaping up to become a nice spiritual successor, and they're slowly but regularly rolling out new content for it.

3 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

I assume you're speaking about Wargaming Seattle and making a Supreme Commander 3?

That would be Wargaming's head office who basically shut them down and turned them into a western PR team when they buyout happened >.>

My fantasy future they just give the Supreme Commander IP to Nordic to do trippy things with.

If not though, you might want to try Ashes of the Singularity. It's shaping up to become a nice spiritual successor, and they're slowly but regularly rolling out new content for it.

I have ashes, but one thing I hated about that game is that you can't zoom out to get a "world view" of the game. It really threw me off. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:25 AM, ivan134 said:

Cool. Now gimme darksiders 3

I do hope they do the sequel.  I like the art style, and the gameplay is pretty decent.

Though, Biomutant looks interesting.  Keeping an eye on that one.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU