Owner of KickassTorrents Arrested

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/us-looks-prosecute-owner-kickass-912953

The Owner and site operator of KickassTorrents, Artem Vaulin, has been arrested today, if anyone was curious.

CPU: i7-6700k  MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P  RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 Storage: 480gb Hyper X Savage & 2 WD 2TB 7200rpm PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w 80plusBronze Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1920x1080 OS: Windows 7 pro 64bit

Poor bugger.  

Is there a site where we can donate some lube? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

it happened about 4 hours ago, so i dont think they have set up an account yet. but yeah it sucks.

CPU: i7-6700k  MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P  RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 Storage: 480gb Hyper X Savage & 2 WD 2TB 7200rpm PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w 80plusBronze Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1920x1080 OS: Windows 7 pro 64bit

Technically speaking kickass did follow through with take down requests, so I doubt they can prove anything beyond reasonable doubt unless they railroad him

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Keep it up. The more you tighten your grip, the more syste.... I mean "intellectual properties" will slip through your fingers..

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

And this affects who exactly?

All this means is that you're blowing cash on a useless lawsuit.

It means several angry fat cats will be chewing slightly less Werther's Originals angrily once the case has had it's day in court.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

please

why

its ok, i dont torrent anymore... well i do for .. well.....

next thing you know:
themctipers

Banned

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

And this affects who exactly?

All this means is that you're blowing cash on a useless lawsuit.

Remember, corporations don't think like normal people. They prefer to go the ass-backwards route when it comes to making money. They will try EVERYTHING other than common sense (like offering a good product at a competitive price) to make money. If they can't, then they'll go to congress to try and change the rules of the game

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

AFAIK Kickasstorrents was complying with DMCA takedowns a lot more than TPB, which will now get most of the traffic. Congratulations rights holders, you played yourselves.

Wait, why?  Did he personally upload illegal content or something?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

no he owned/hosted one

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well he owns its fam and probably hosted it

It does not work to close down sites like that, people will just move to another one.

What really helps if is things is easy to get in the legal way.

like having all series and movies ever be on the same streaming service (can be more expensive than Netflix is currently)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Really unfortunate.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Mihle Gaming said:

It does not work to close down sites like that, people will just move to another one.

What really helps if is things is easy to get in the legal way.

like having all series and movies ever be on the same streaming service (can be more expensive than Netflix is currently)

No no no no no, you're using regular people logic to look at this in a rational way. We need to have as many different release windows as humanly possible so people pay for the same thing as many times as we can get them to do so. Only then can they squeeze as much money out of people for content as possible before releasing another "remake" and repeating the process all over again.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just checked the site and it is down, it just wait for a response and nothing happens.

Wonder how big the search spike for torrent sites will be now, and which site will get the increased traffic that KAT had.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

And how can we stand up to the outright oppression that megacorps are putting on us, the people? Are we a lost cause? Will we have to resign and become the slaves of a system that only benefits them?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

9 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

Just checked the site and it is down, it just wait for a response and nothing happens.

Wonder how big the search spike for torrent sites will be now, and which site will get the increased traffic that KAT had.

KAT works just fine for me.I tried with the "unblocked" one.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It was already derpy a while ago, might explain why.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Why don't they take down sites like putlocker that host the actual movie files on their website? Instead of a site that hosts literally a string of text. (magnet links)

Anyway, even if all torrent sites get shut down people will just host their magnet links on pastebin or other text sharing websites