Owner of KickassTorrents Arrested

We'll see where this goes. I'm a huge fan of Kat and its community, so my fingers and donate buttons are ready.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

I have no empathy...

I have a violin  an orchestra of violinists to play a song with.

:ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

so stupid...going after the wrong people smh

Good thing we still have piratebay...the swedish police aint got nine on me !

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

56 minutes ago, Dresta said:

Good thing we still have piratebay...the swedish police aint got nine on me !

TPB blows though. I love KAT, and it's a shame that it's basically gone now. I've since switched over to a former big name site, which I still rate as "Meh it's alright," but it's the best we have right now. That and private torrent sites. (Currently looking for an invite to one...)

COMIC SANS

14 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

TPB blows though. I love KAT, and it's a shame that it's basically gone now. I've since switched over to a former big name site, which I still rate as "Meh it's alright," but it's the best we have right now. That and private torrent sites. (Currently looking for an invite to one...)

You reminded me about a certain green devil site that came back. I womder if al previous accounts still work. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

43 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

You reminded me about a certain green devil site that came back. I womder if al previous accounts still work. 

They apparently do, although I rarely use said site. Is it even still active/stays up to date with torrents?

COMIC SANS

1 hour ago, TopWargamer said:

snip

I concur.... On all fronts.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

6 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

I don’t know what these cats are thinking is going to happen. Don’t they know about the deep web, and how lawless it is there? Why wouldn’t pirates just start downloading their Photoshops there?

you can literally find anything, but tor is not meant to be used for p2p.

what i wonder is,  where the fuck do all these charges come from?

from torrentfreak:

In a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago, the owner is charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and two counts of criminal copyright infringement.

8 minutes ago, apm said:

you can literally find anything, but tor is not meant to be used for p2p.

what i wonder is,  where the fuck do all these charges come from?

from torrentfreak:

Isnt it obvious? From the cash given to the judge...:dry: If the government dont put an end onto these fake cases ASAP this will get even worse...

11 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Isnt it obvious? From the cash given to the judge...:dry: If the government dont put an end onto these fake cases ASAP this will get even worse...

can it get any worse?

if they can sue a single person for millions, for just downloading/uploading a few songs...

how can it get any worse?

Simple, they will push for jail in addition to the cash. The "best" example is the UK, they just raised the max jail penalty to 10 years. This is just crazy, you get less for murdering someone... :S

1 minute ago, apm said:

can it get any worse?

if they can sue a single person for millions, for just downloading/uploading a few songs...

how can it get any worse?

Well he owned the place that hosts it. I guess that's what they're using to label him as the human incarnation of Satan himself, whether or not that makes sense xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, jagdtigger said:

Simple, they will push for jail in addition to the cash. The "best" example is the UK, they just raised the max jail penalty to 10 years. This is just crazy, you get less for murdering someone... :S

wait what the max penalty for murder is less than 10 years!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wait what the max penalty for murder is less than 10 years!?

Or was it sexual crimes? One of these two. Im working at night this week so im basically braindead right now... sleep1.gif

Just now, jagdtigger said:

Or was it sexual crimes? One of these two. Im working at night this week so im basically braindead right now... sleep1.gif

well whatever it is, downloading some songs is obviously way worse, right? /s

Like the Pirated bay it will be reborn again !

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

Like the Pirated bay it will be reborn again !

Or some other site will take its place.

hail_hydra__25615.1425573748.550.659.png

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well he owned the place that hosts it. I guess that's what they're using to label him as the human incarnation of Satan himself, whether or not that makes sense xD 

you know that its technically not true. ^^

11 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

and what about the website? seems down

they ceased the domains.

9 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

KAT works just fine for me.I tried with the "unblocked" one.

That'll be a cached version from the proxy server. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

26 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That'll be a cached version from the proxy server. 

Yeah, doesn't work anymore.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

11 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wait, why?  Did he personally upload illegal content or something?

Iirc neither did Kim Dotcom and we know how that ended. Nor did Ross Ulbricht personally sold things on Silk Road. Making you an "owner of business" makes you an accomplice. I think it's all about sending the message. And well, if you hit the owners, you (may) take down the "marketplace". 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I bet you that within a week a new site will have taken its place. that's just how the internet works. you can't ban something that's to big to control.

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD