Enter the RX 480 AIB Cards

tsk
13 hours ago, HotDiggityDaffodil said:

Are there any rumors or leaks about when these cards will hit the stores? I'm particularly interested in the Nitro version.

I got three Sapphire Nitro+'s on order from a Finnish supplier, shipping date 20.07.2016

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

4 minutes ago, Khvarrioiren said:

I got three Sapphire Nitro+'s on order from a Finnish supplier, shipping date 20.07.2016

From which supplier did you get it? If the price is good i might get some too.

It's so difficult to know from where you can get an rx 480 in europe because of all the languages and stuff...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 minutes ago, Khvarrioiren said:

OcUK still showing 22/07/2016 for the Nitro and Devil cards :(

I hope it's sooner, this 6670 is torture.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

13 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

From which supplier did you get it? If the price is good i might get some too.

It's so difficult to know from where you can get an rx 480 in europe because of all the languages and stuff...

Also FI. Though they only sell to retailers and system integrators, not to consumers directly.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

4 minutes ago, Khvarrioiren said:

Also FI. Though they only sell to retailers and system integrators, not to consumers directly.

Well that counts me out then D:

Let's hope they can ship quickly to shops near me, they are active where i live so there is so not all is lost.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On 7/10/2016 at 10:53 AM, wcreek said:

The placement of the power plug on the Sapphire one might be a bit difficult though. But yet makes it look nicer. Ugh.

SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-480-NITRO-11.jpg

I think the GPU for my second build may have just been chosen. In the 10s after I saw it no less.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

9 minutes ago, oo2k15 said:

Hasn't changed as much as the Sapphire card.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

34 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I think the GPU for my second build may have just been chosen. In the 10s after I saw it no less.

Yeah idk. I'm still torn between the XFX 480 and Sapphire 480.

20 minutes ago, oo2k15 said:

This video doesn't make it any easier. I think I do prefer the solid backplate on the Sapphire but still it's completely black and an RGB logo. I'd just set it to white. But then I'd have like a blackout build with like that white LED being like the star or something. I'm going to name my build Ursa (the constellations) and Polaris is a star in Ursa major so getting an RX 480 kinda fits in with the naming scheme I think. But idk I like both the sapphire and XFX card ughhh. I hear that Sapphire doesn't have the greatest warranty and they both have interchangable fans. And Idk about XFX maybe @thekeemo would know.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

19 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Hasn't changed as much as the Sapphire card.

Yeah it does kinda look similar to XFX's cards for the 300 series but I think this looks better. I'm also kinda glad that there aren't too many three fan designs. Two fan designs are ideal. I did like the 200 series card from PowerColor, XFX. Actually this years's Double Dissipation looks a lot like the 200 series DD cards.

Updated post with HIS card and XFX video, there will also be two more cards from TUL(Powercolor).
Expect reviews of the MSI and Powercolor Red devil card to land next week.

14 hours ago, wcreek said:

Yeah idk. I'm still torn between the XFX 480 and Sapphire 480.

This video doesn't make it any easier. I think I do prefer the solid backplate on the Sapphire but still it's completely black and an RGB logo. I'd just set it to white. But then I'd have like a blackout build with like that white LED being like the star or something. I'm going to name my build Ursa (the constellations) and Polaris is a star in Ursa major so getting an RX 480 kinda fits in with the naming scheme I think. But idk I like both the sapphire and XFX card ughhh. I hear that Sapphire doesn't have the greatest warranty and they both have interchangable fans. And Idk about XFX maybe @thekeemo would know.

Sapphire isn't great in NA because they outsource their RMA to some shitty company but outside they are OK (but require receipt) xfx is good but only 2 years (weird thing is they were the last company to abandon lifetime warranty)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Damn I love that sapphire card's aesthetics.

Day by day, they're slowly turning into EVGA, but ye' know, for amd cards. Hopefully they don't go full super bland on us like evga, and at least keep some flare.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

12 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Sapphire isn't great in NA because they outsource their RMA to some shitty company but outside they are OK (but require receipt) xfx is good but only 2 years (weird thing is they were the last company to abandon lifetime warranty)

Well this is my 4,000th post so uhm yeah. Anyways. That's interesting, I do remember that your experience with Sapphire's RMA wasn't great and I guess using a crappy outsourced company doesn't help.

I mean warranty service is somewhat important because if the retailer doesn't want to cover me or it's outside the retailer's return/exchange period then I have to deal with the company if their product fails me. So I can understand that being a problem.

There's an Italian eshop which has made the RX 480 Nitro available for pre ordering, but it's €320 and the estimated shipping is due to the first days of August...

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

44 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Well this is my 4,000th post so uhm yeah. Anyways. That's interesting, I do remember that your experience with Sapphire's RMA wasn't great and I guess using a crappy outsourced company doesn't help.

I mean warranty service is somewhat important because if the retailer doesn't want to cover me or it's outside the retailer's return/exchange period then I have to deal with the company if their product fails me. So I can understand that being a problem.

For me personally it is MSI -> xfx -> gigabyte -> sapphire for amd cards

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

15 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

For me personally it is MSI -> xfx -> gigabyte -> sapphire for amd cards

wait, you'd choose Gigabyte over Sapphire? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

wait, you'd choose Gigabyte over Sapphire? 

Gigabyte doesnt require receipt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and takes less time because the card isnt shipped to Asia 

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Gigabyte doesnt require receipt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and takes less time because the card isnt shipped to Asia 

Haa... Interesting...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Haa... Interesting...

And I dont have to deal with Althon.. I hate Althon.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

And I dont have to deal with Althon.. I hate Althon.

Well... All warranties in my area is handled by a 3rd party. I can only judge by the quality of the GPU. Gigabyte simply went fuck all when they designed the 390/x G1. Of course that just makes you sick. Gigabyte better have that superior customer service since if you buy a 390/x G1 from them. You will need to deal with their RMA. 

Well... All warranties in my area is handled by a 3rd party. I can only judge by the quality of the GPU. Gigabyte simply went fuck all when they designed the 390/x G1. Of course that just makes you sick. Gigabyte better have that superior customer service since if you buy a 390/x G1 from them. You will need to deal with their RMA. 

Gigabyte is still terrible for RMA

I just think sapphire is worse

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Gigabyte is still terrible for RMA

I just think sapphire is worse

I'd pick Asus over gigabyte. 

No chances for those who are lazy. 390/x G1 is just out as a fast cash grab for Gigabyte. Even the cooler on the 390/x G1 is weaker than the one on the G1 GTX 960. 

I'd pick Asus over gigabyte. 

No chances for those who are lazy. 390/x G1 is just out as a fast cash grab for Gigabyte. Even the cooler on the 390/x G1 is weaker than the one on the G1 GTX 960. 

Ermm Asus is super lazy.. they took a 780 cooler and slapped it on..

And essentially 0 warranty.