tsk
4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

MSI one stole my fucking heart god damn

IMO looks better than the MSI 1070 for whatever reason

They share the same cooler .-.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

1 minute ago, Agost said:

They share the same cooler .-.

I mean I don't know what it is but the RX 480 one looks better. Maybe it's slightly smaller?

I dunno. I can say for certain it looks better than their 1080 though.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I mean I don't know what it is but the RX 480 one looks better. Maybe it's slightly smaller?

I dunno. I can say for certain it looks better than their 1080 though.

That's the same TFVI slapped on the RX480

Maybe it's because of the box, the AMD one has a more linear appearance since it's all red

Spoiler

MSI-GTX-1070-GAMING-X-8G-2.jpg

RX480

Spoiler

MSI-Radeon-RX-480-box.jpg

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

9 hours ago, byalexandr said:

I like the MSI, Sapphire, and XFX cards. Gigabyte's and ASUS' cards are ugly as usual. PowerColor's is... meh.

Edit: Maybe I should go mATX and get a couple of MSI RX 480s? I mean, since the RX 490 might be two Polaris 10 GPUs anyway.

FTFY

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

6 hours ago, DXMember said:

you missed the AMD layout

it's 3 times +12 and 3 times ground

they can draw like 250W on that thing without breaking anything

nobody's breaking anything they are just stretching the possibilities and challenging the minds of young engineers

Sense is a ground on the PSU side any way. The point being?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

6 hours ago, HalGameGuru said:

But its likely all 4 pull from the PCIe PSU cable not the slot. making it better than the reference for power draw. Assuming one of the ones on the left is for VRAM and the other is the slot phase for the GPU, you still have an Aux and a 0.95v phase somewhere on the pcb.

And if they use the same VRM controller from reference with similarly spec'd components it will be a darn good setup. If they bump up to 6 phase from the plug I wonder if they will bump up the controller, double up phases, or use the robust controller just for the plug phases and a second controller for the others

Its gonna be the same voltage controllers as the reference 480. No point in changing it if it isn't a high end design. And the voltage controller used is already excellent. Its used in the 290/x cards as well. It supports up to 6+2. 

Msi usually doesn't change much from amd's reference design. But the reduce in vcore phases is what's bothering me. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, Pohernori said:

Its gonna be the same voltage controllers as the reference 480. No point in changing it if it isn't a high end design. And the voltage controller used is already excellent. Its used in the 290/x cards as well. It supports up to 6+2. 

Msi usually doesn't change much from amd's reference design. But the reduce in vcore phases is what's bothering me. 

It shouldn't if they are using the same caliber components as reference; they have plenty of headroom to handle whatever wattage is needed. Especially if one of those on the left is also feeding the GPU, but even if not, even at the highest temperatures they should ever see they would have ample capacity to handle whatever the GPU needs.

9 minutes ago, HalGameGuru said:

It shouldn't if they are using the same caliber components as reference; they have plenty of headroom to handle whatever wattage is needed. Especially if one of those on the left is also feeding the GPU, but even if not, even at the highest temperatures they should ever see they would have ample capacity to handle whatever the GPU needs.

Yes those 4 phases can handle the vcore no problem. But because this is an aftermarket card with a custom PCB. The downgrade in power delivery is unexpected. And it only looks like the Hawk card will have the same power delivery design. Hawk cards in the past always have very overkill power delivery designs. 

Even though the Reference cards already have overkill components. There's no reason to downgrade it. UNLESS, msi is selling theirs for about the same price as the as the reference. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

44 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Yes those 4 phases can handle the vcore no problem. But because this is an aftermarket card with a custom PCB. The downgrade in power delivery is unexpected. And it only looks like the Hawk card will have the same power delivery design. Hawk cards in the past always have very overkill power delivery designs. 

Even though the Reference cards already have overkill components. There's no reason to downgrade it. UNLESS, msi is selling theirs for about the same price as the as the reference. 

That would be interesting, if they want to compete with reference on price...

16 hours ago, mathmeister said:

Do we know when they release?

The MSI, PowerColor and Sapphire cards should be out this month.
I'm guessing the same for Gigabyte and Asus, no word on the XFX card.

22 minutes ago, tsk said:

The MSI, PowerColor and Sapphire cards should be out this month.
I'm guessing the same for Gigabyte and Asus, no word on the XFX card.

And still have to wait for reviews on top of that >:(

12 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

*Sigh* Looking at these cards seeing 1 DVI, 1HDMI, and 3 Display Port.....

Here I am running monitors with 1 DVI, 1 VGA each and 1 with 1 vga.....

Can't hold all these adapters..

Torn between the XFX and Sapphire cards, the backplate on the Sapphire is bit much though.

I'll probably just go with which ever one is quieter.

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

Nitro cooler looks sick but the backplate is ugh..

Sapphire and Asus look good, but Asus and AMD cards...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

13 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

*Sigh* Looking at these cards seeing 1 DVI, 1HDMI, and 3 Display Port.....

I could be wrong and it probably doesn't help you but I think the Sapphire Nitro+, Asus Strix and possibly the MSI Gaming X have 2 HDMI, 2 DIsplayPort and 1 DVI.

The placement of the power plug on the Sapphire one might be a bit difficult though. But yet makes it look nicer. Ugh.

SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-480-NITRO-11.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

29 minutes ago, wcreek said:

The placement of the power plug on the Sapphire one might be a bit difficult though. But yet makes it look nicer. Ugh.

How come? It's by far the best place for the power plug unless you're trying to fit the GPU into the most niche-level mITX cases.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

1 minute ago, Khvarrioiren said:

How come? It's by far the best place for the power plug if unless you're trying to fit the GPU into the most niche-level mITX cases.

Well for an H440, I think that having it come out the side might be a bit weird.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

13 hours ago, Agost said:

Maybe it's because of the box, the AMD one has a more linear appearance since it's all red

Well.. then #BetterRED I guess

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

On 9-7-2016 at 0:27 PM, tsk said:

Here's from the MSI card:

MSI-Radeon-RX-480-PCB.jpg

Ah Msi cheaps out on the vrm cirquitry again.

They never learn it dont they?

Any more custom pcb´s out in the wild allready?

3 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Ah Msi cheaps out on the vrm cirquitry again.

They never learn it dont they?

"Again" makes me wonder when was the last time they did that?

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

"Again" makes me wonder when was the last time they did that?

On motherboards they allways do lol.

So no suprise here. :D