Enter the RX 480 AIB Cards

tsk
Just now, The Benjamins said:

wtf that PCB has like 30% of wasted space. why did they even make it taller and longer. LOL

To make it fit the 1080 cooler, so they didn't have to design a new one ;)

The Powercolor Red Devil card is also official, 1330MHz and a price tag of 269$.

3 minutes ago, tsk said:

To make it fit the 1080 cooler, so they didn't have to design a new one ;)

The Powercolor Red Devil card is also official, 1330MHz and a price tag of 269$.

well I look at them with water cooling in mind to a big PCB with wasted space looks stupid to me. I plan on getting a Ref 480 soon and watercooling it.

I have watercooling stuff already and think it would be funny to do it on that card on the mean time when i am waiting for vega.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I just want to pre-order a damn nitro. A 1060 is so tempting to order right now... DAMN the hype. I will never get excited for anything ever again. I've never pre-ordered or been a person that HAS to have something, but I jumped on that hype train.. and now... disappointment. The only thing that can cheer me up is Dennis actually falling through Linus' garage. =(

4 hours ago, tsk said:

Review of the 4GB Sapphire card is out; http://www.pcworld.com/article/3098825/components-graphics/sapphire-nitro-rx-480-review-polaris-rethought-and-refined.html

It's not in the article, but Brad Chaos of pcworld was able to get a stable overclock of 1405MHz on his review unit.

Seems a solid card, a bit like fiji doesn't gain performance once the clocks get to a certain point....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

These customs... are the final nail in RX 480's coffin. AMD could really beat nvidia this time, but it failed and I'm seriously disappointed.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam