Nvidia launches Geforce WHQL driver version 365.10

Energycore
47 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i doubt its as elegant as shadowplay

i like shadowplay because you just set and forget lol

I can't get shadowplay to record desktop ;(

maybe that's because nvidia can't be bothered to optimize for windows 10 idk.

It's a bit too simple imo, it doesn't say whether it is recording or not unless you enable that annoying in-game overlay

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

im having some problems with whatever ones i have right now, so i think il atleats update to 355.98 then

For me at least, 355.98 hasn't had my GTX 970 destabilising with a 70MHz overclock (130MHz effective due to the way it boosts) unlike the previous ones, and succeding drivers. Although no driver is the cause for it only running at x8 on any motherboard (still don't know what died on it to cause that particular problem). And my GTX 650ti OC 2GB lost its coil whine on 355.98 as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, rattacko123 said:

I can't get shadowplay to record desktop ;(

maybe that's because nvidia can't be bothered to optimize for windows 10 idk.

It's a bit too simple imo, it doesn't say whether it is recording or not unless you enable that annoying in-game overlay

#offtopic: to record desktop, just set it to enable desktop capture in settings `-`

and yea, i have that icon on to see if shadowplay is working, sometimes it just refuses to turn on for some games

sometimes it just died after a driver crash (unstable OC)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

For me at least, 355.98 hasn't had my GTX 970 destabilising with a 70MHz overclock (130MHz effective due to the way it boosts) unlike the previous ones, and succeding drivers. Although no driver is the cause for it only running at x8 on any motherboard (still don't know what died on it to cause that particular problem). And my GTX 650ti OC 2GB lost its coil whine on 355.98 as well.

OK so 355.98 is great, awesome :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

original.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I, myself, haven't had any issues with recent Nvidia drivers.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

W/E for me because I use old 760 card and driver from 2015 that works perfectly and doesn't crash like most newer drivers were with my card. (Last time I tried to update was January and had to go back to older version). I don't have Nvidia experience installed so I don't even know how many driver versions I'm behind :D

Once Pascal comes out I will have to update drivers few times I believe :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

53 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Will this driver fuck up my GTX 970 in any way (or more than it is) in basic use and in any conceivable task? Yes, so it can piss right off just like the other drivers after 355.98.

361.75 is gud :P

It's what I used for the 1800 mhz Firestrike run in my signature, been using it for a few months now I think. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

2 minutes ago, Lays said:

It's what I used for the 1800 mhz Firestrike run in my signature, been using it for a few months now I think. 

I just got constant driver crashes at stock when I tried it (been through every single newer driver except 365.10) :(

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Lays said:

361.42 are the proprietary ones distributed with Ubuntu.

They're in general very well tested, so you should be good to go

Found an insanely good deal for a VPS by Time4VPS (Lithuania). Warning: I don't have a lot of experience with them yet, if you had any bad experience, please PM me. /// Warning2 (Sorry, should have added this earlier): Very Low Disk IO

1 x 2.4GHz (E5 2630 v3), 512MB RAM, 20GB SSD cached Raid 6, 500GB Traffic => ~$17.5 (15.84€) + Tax for 2 years (Prebuild Servers)

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Where's that desire to tinker!

I don't know how GVR works or performs but it's the kind of thing I'd rather point out since Nvidia's selling points are just better marketing all things considered.

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

And you might aswell use OBS or Fraps because it has the same impact on performance. Their recorder is NOT like shadowplay. 

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

i doubt its as elegant as shadowplay

i like shadowplay because you just set and forget lol

I have used both and performance wise they are essentially the same. Both use hardware acceleration so that there isn't a greater load. The advantages of shadow play are that you can use it to record the desktop, and it doesn't crash as often as GVR, but it's not really a huge difference. Both offer the ability to record your gameplay and then save the highlight when you wish to and manual recording (on/off).

1 minute ago, bobhays said:

I have used both and performance wise they are essentially the same. Both use hardware acceleration so that there isn't a greater load. The advantages of shadow play are that you can use it to record the desktop, and it doesn't crash as often as GVR, but it's not really a huge difference. Both offer the ability to record your gameplay and then save the highlight when you wish to and manual recording (on/off).

by elegant i mean you can just press alt + z in game without alt tabbing to tweak with the settings if you have to, its very sleek and fast

alt tabbing out of a full screen game is a pain in the arse sometimes...

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

by elegant i mean you can just press alt + z in game without alt tabbing to tweak with the settings if you have to, its very sleek and fast

alt tabbing out of a full screen game is a pain in the arse sometimes...

True, I forgot about that because I rarely ever tweak the settings. Doing it once is usually fine and if I ever really need to I can just do it before I launch the game. I've had trouble with both shadowplay and GVR when I try to play a game and then turn on recording while the game is running. It works better if the recording is turned on before I launch the game so that's a good time to tweak settings too.

Are these drivers broken AF just like 364.xx?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

still on 361.91 which is the last driver that is fully stable for gaming and folding for me. Anything newer does not work well with my 980ti sli setup. Was hoping this release would fold properly, oh well. Fortunately i'm not currently playing any games that require sli profiles from newer drivers.

They must be too busy getting drivers ready for pascal to put out something that works right now.

62654367.jpg

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

And here I am... ZERO issues with the driver, it actually gave me a boost in Dark Souls 3 though(I wasn't expecting that honestly).

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

On 3.5.2016 at 0:46 PM, bobhays said:

just saying, GVR havent crashed once for me, have it to record everything I do.

the only problem I noticed is that it failed to record Rainbow six under the free weekend automatic once. and fucked up sound in Garrys Mod.

Shadowplay can not record desktop on my laptop.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 3/5/2016 at 4:55 AM, Dabombinable said:

I don't recommend going past 355.98 until Nvidia gets their shit together. The 36*.** drivers are out right embarrassingly bad.

Everything works fine for me!

On 03/05/2016 at 7:02 PM, raphidy said:

Wait AMD GVR is playstv right? AMD likes to bundle many programs instead of incorporating in only one.

No, GVR is included in the Gaming Evolved application. Plays.tv is a platform you can use to share the videos (and isn't needed for GVR).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

3 hours ago, Mihle Gaming said:

just saying, GVR havent crashed once for me, have it to record everything I do.

the only problem I noticed is that it failed to record Rainbow six under the free weekend automatic once. and fucked up sound in Garrys Mod.

Shadowplay can not record desktop on my laptop.

Yea desktop doesn't recording doesn't work on laptops, idk why they don't have that yet. This weekend I tried to record some overwatch beta clips, about 25% of the recordings crashed midway and i didn't realize since I was playing the game.

Am I the only one that uses these drivers and has zero issues?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

43 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

No, GVR is included in the Gaming Evolved application. Plays.tv is a platform you can use to share the videos (and isn't needed for GVR).

Strange, how do i record with GVR, i don't see it in Gaming evolve thingy. I record stuff with the playstv app since it's the only option i see. Is it because I installed it and it becomes default?

Spoiler

GVR.PNG

On 5/3/2016 at 6:53 AM, huilun02 said:

I don't stream or record gameplay. Just want something with good value and muscle that doesn't athrophy as new products release.

Would say that is in the interest of the majority? 

I think both drivers are just fine you should focus more on the card itself. There have been rumors of nvidia nerfing older cards as they release newer one's or just ignoring them, but I don't pay much attention to drivers so I wouldn't know.