Amazon is making certain games exclusively purchasable by Prime members only.

TrigrH

What do you think?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is it reasonable on Amazons behalf to restrict physical copies of certain games to Prime members only?

• Yes
    • No

For some reason this seems to be physical copies only.

amazon.png

9GCz1j.png

Exclusively for Amazon Prime Members
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.

Some games include:

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4...Fallout 4 PC (physical) on Amazon US, FIFA 16 PS4/Xbox 360 (physical) on Amazon UK and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate PS4 (physical) on Amazon UK.

Wtf Amazon? Did you think this will attract more prime members? or maybe its a new low stock system?

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-PC/dp/B00YQ2MM2M

Via: http://wccftech.com/amazon-blocking-nonprime-members-buying-games/

Who buys games off of amazon anyway?

That is unless you want the box or something, which are 5% of PC gamers, although i can see why console gamers would be pissed

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

9 minutes ago, Kickflapper said:

Great site for cheap games

http://www.kinguin.net/category/15836/grand-theft-auto-v-rockstar-digital-download-key/

Got my copy for 30.50 and works great

https://www.g2a.com/grand-theft-auto-v-cd-key-global.html

26.5 euro on g2a tho

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

people already go to GameStop for physical games anyways. 

I used to be quite active here.

It could make sense if it was a new game, and in limited supply, but these are not exactly cutting edge new any more. I don't get it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

It's their business, they are allowed to operate this way.

There's nothing unethical about it.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

33 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

Who buys games off of amazon anyway?

That is unless you want the box or something, which are 5% of PC gamers, although i can see why console gamers would be pissed

I would. Mainly because my internet sucks ass.

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

ew people still use that store?

Eh, I just buy games from Wal-Mart.

5 minutes ago, Epiclol86 said:

only rumors... it is said that some poeple do still partake in the ancient ritual of buying physical games...

I still buy (and prefer) physical copies of games (Blu-ray and CD too), as I like to have the original quality and source material.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

6 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

It's their business, they are allowed to operate this way.

There's nothing unethical about it.

Doesn't mean they should operate like that, its a horrible market strategy.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I use Kroger

The dollar store for me.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

4 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

Doesn't mean they should operate like that, its a horrible market strategy.

I beg to differ.

Hooking someone on Prime is a great marketing strategy.

But just my take.

What do you care how well or bad they run their business?

I'd understand if their main inventory was games but they're a business that deals with a wide variety of products.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

31 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

I beg to differ.

Hooking someone on Prime is a great marketing strategy.

But just my take.

What do you care how well or bad they run their business?

I'd understand if their main inventory was games but they're a business that deals with a wide variety of products.

I don't see it as hooking someone up with prime. Its more like showing it down their throats, its like bloat and crapware on phones, laptops and prebuilt pcs and I honestly think its a dirty way of doing business, sure it might bring in more revenue. But amazon doing a stunt like this is stupid because its going to cause an outrage in the community and they might loose quite a few customer in the already tiny market share they have on games. But I don't really care, I never use amazon, I am simply stating my opinion on it.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

1 hour ago, Epiclol86 said:

only rumors... it is said that some poeple do still partake in the ancient ritual of buying physical games...

if I still played on console or had an optical drive on my PC I may partake in the long pilgrimage to the once holy site that is the GameStop to acquire a physical disk.

-----

As a 4(?) year Prime user even I say this is BS. I understand limited edition or special amazon versions but not general copies. This is just as stupid as when they decided to remove all their competitor's products that didn't support Amazon Prime video (Chromecast, Apple Tv, etc.) from the site.

But they are big enough where it doesn't matter to them; they can afford this. If Gamestop tried pulling this they would close up faster than their current status lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

To those that selected "yes"; stol being selfish idjits, games should ALL be exclusively digital except for collector editions.

Why? CHEAPER. Makes VG companies save more money, less plastic is used (and other materials) so enviromental damage is also reduced, and more money means more games or better quality ones.

Also, if you download games you will have them FOREVER, cannot get lost or damage. BE SMART PEOPLE 

4 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

if you download games you will have them FOREVER,

nope, what you buy is a license and not the game =P it can be revoked at any time for any reason

7 hours ago, Epiclol86 said:

If you buy weeb games like I do, it usually comes with stuff you otherwise will not find in digital releases.

Not like amazon has any to offer though... :)

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

4 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

To those that selected "yes"; stol being selfish idjits, games should ALL be exclusively digital except for collector editions.

Why? CHEAPER. Makes VG companies save more money, less plastic is used (and other materials) so enviromental damage is also reduced, and more money means more games or better quality ones.

Also, if you download games you will have them FOREVER, cannot get lost or damage. BE SMART PEOPLE 

And you cant sell them after you are done with it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It's like a Barnes and Noble membership or a store card, buy a membership and you either save money/get money back in a dividend. 

It's business, if you don't like it then go to G2A for a DIGITAL COPY. 

A physical copy is usually "worth" more in a way, since you have a disk with a game manual. 

d015f9a7c80a0ce47c35484ff536d63d.png

Vs Steam(9.5 percent Tax not included) 

8bfc35838966b226b0d4ba57517744cd.png

11 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

And then, 20 years from now. You may want to play or have your kid play a great game that you owned on console..

Oh WAIT, you can't because they don't offer service anymore on old console and/or the internet changed so much that it's physically incompatible and cannot connect to the internet anymore to download said game. Therefore, you cannot play the game anymore. FOREVER (we never know)

Digital is a thing, but shouldn't be forced. <-- my opinion. 

I'd love to see the backlash if steam was to die tomorrow. Oh my god the PC gaming world would collapse instantly. 

The PSP GO was a digital only console, only released 7 years ago. Do you hear or see it anywhere? Nope