Polaris “Ellesmere” Has Around 100W TDP + specs - Rumour

Paragon_X

According to various sources from WCCFtech (yes no need to copy paste the same thing about WCCFtech not being reliable etc we know)

Polaris 10 “Ellesmere” Has Around 100W TDP, Polaris 11 “Baffin” Under 50W

First up, we have a report from Benchlife which mentions that AMD will officially showcase their Polaris GPU based products at Computex where they will also be introducing their Bristol Ridge APUs. In fact, the Bristol Ridge mobility notebooks will be bundled with the latest Radeon M400 series chips. The Bristol Ridge laptops will be shipping with several GPU solutions as they will be housing integrated, on-board and discrete graphics chips.

polaris.PNG

I cant wait for the release of Both AMD and nVidia, I am hoping this generation might shake things ups a bit and give us a huge performance gain, due to the new architectures and die shrink

Source

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

1 minute ago, Paragon_X said:

give us a huge performance gain

the extremely low 100W TDP is a big hint that "huge performance gain" is not what they are going for

maybe you havent been around for the past decade? have you not yet realized that a die shrink and new architecture =/= huge performance?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

the extremely low 100W TDP is a big hint that "huge performance gain" is not what they are going for

maybe you havent been around for the past decade? have you not yet realized that a die shrink and new architecture =/= huge performance?

I am hoping, due to a lot of factors (DX12/Vulcan, shrink, memory and architecture). I am only speculating might be wrong, we have to wait till the benchmarks.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I'm probably guessing their aiming at getting the performance gain for mobile discrete GPUs mainly. The 100W TDP seems in line with high end mobile GPUs (the 980M I guess was around 125W if I'm not mistaken).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

24 minutes ago, Enderman said:

They can always just put 2 of them on a card, they're kinda big on that lately. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

They can always just put 2 of them on a card, they're kinda big on that lately. 

muti gpu sucks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sounds very interesting. That would make VR ready laptops a thing easy. And it would put Vega 10 at about 200w, which is pretty damn sweet!

Baffin cut down is a weird one, as you could almost just add that to a ZEN apu. But that is half a year further down the road I guess.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Noticed Vega only has 64 ROPS again? Not good if true.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

42 minutes ago, Enderman said:

actually, you are the one who havent been around for the past decade then.

Every shrink, for the last three times, has given a flat increase in performance of 20-40%.

If Polaris 10 has about the performance of a GTX980 but with good DX12 support and 8 GByte and only 110 watts I will buy two instantly.

But it's still a rumour...

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

if AMD is going to release notebook GPUs 1st, oh man .. gonna laugh my ass off

they are in a financial crisis and they're releasing low end GPUs?! what the fuck is wrong with them -_-

For a moment I read 1000w tdp and was completely flabbergasted. 100w tdp is amazing but it seems like it wont be much more powerful than current cards. So like a TIC in the tic tok scheme. while VEGA is the toc

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Just now, zMeul said:

they are in a financial crisis and they're releasing low end GPUs?! what the fuck is wrong with them -_-

We have known for months that Polaris will be out on laptops from day one. How is that a bad thing?

Unlike who? NVidia cannot even make a full fat GP100, and P100 is not out anytime soon. NVidia selling all their high end chips for B2B compute tasks, what's left for gaming? Not full fat GP100 chips, that's for sure.

High end AMD and NVidia chips will have HBM2 at the end of the year/start of 17. You're surprised by things the rest of us has known for months. I guess that's what happens when you blacklist everyone who calls you out on your bs.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

25 minutes ago, Enderman said:

muti gpu sucks

The implementation and support maybe,  but it's necessary to improve its support anyway, Vulkan and DX12 might help there too. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Noticed Vega only has 64 ROPS again? Not good if true.

AMD hasn't announced any info on Vega yet, so we don't know. However as we go to async compute in DX12 and Vulkan, ROPs simply won't be as important as before.

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

For a moment I read 1000w tdp and was completely flabbergasted. 100w tdp is amazing but it seems like it wont be much more powerful than current cards. So like a TIC in the tic tok scheme. while VEGA is the toc

Vega and Polaris are both GCN 4, so they are actually both TIC and TOC. Vega is later so yields can increase and HBM2 will actually be available.

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

AMD is in an financial crises, and they're releasing products for the market with the most volume. How silly of them, they should instead be investing in the much lower volume of high-end GPUs (volume is in an order of magnitude lower).

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

13 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Considering their top tier mobile GPUis around a 965m it makes since for them to try to compete with Nvidia in the mobile department after so long.

Pascal laptops guide

Polaris 11 with TDP of <50w, wasn't that impossible a couple of months ago when they demoed it running against the GTX 950, atleast according to some of our "experts"..

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

19 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

If Polaris 10 has about the performance of a GTX980 but with good DX12 support and 8 GByte and only 110 watts I will buy two instantly.

But it's still a rumour...

I agree with you. Im running a GTX 750 TI since early 2015. It runs well at 60Watt, and if these new GPU are around 100Watt, I wouldnt care adding another 40Watt to my system. I went from an AMD FX 8320 at 125Watt, and now im running around 80-88Watt. so adding 40 more wont hurt my powerbill too much haha. But ive been waiting for the new arc for awhile now. Hopefully they deliver with around or less than 100Watt GPU thats better than a GTX 980

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

8GB of GDDR5X with 100W TDP. How interesting...

considering micron isn't ramping gddr5x production until summer , it will most likely be gddr5

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Now you guys mentioned the Mobile parts, i have a hunch that we might see them end up in macbooks.

3 minutes ago, Paragon_X said:

Now you guys mentioned the Mobile parts, i have a hunch that we might see them end up in macbooks.

That would be a very interesting win for AMD, but wouldn't be to surprising (as in out of the blue).

AMD could use a powerhouse like Apple to push some volume through quickly.

R9 Fury performance for only 100W? Sounds too good to be true.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Tomsen said:

That would be a very interesting win for AMD, but wouldn't be to surprising (as in out of the blue).

AMD could use a powerhouse like Apple to push some volume through quickly.

They are already, the Macbook Pro 15 and the retina iMac already use AMD chip, Apple seems to be committed to using AMD parts since some time.

Pascal laptops guide