Polaris “Ellesmere” Has Around 100W TDP + specs - Rumour

Paragon_X
On 4/14/2016 at 2:38 AM, zMeul said:

if AMD is going to release notebook GPUs 1st, oh man .. gonna laugh my ass off

they are in a financial crisis and they're releasing low end GPUs?! what the fuck is wrong with them -_-

You're right, zMeul. Releasing their new GPU chips which (based on the above) seem to be targeted at increasing the power efficiency to the biggest consumer market (mobile and OEM) first makes no financial sense. 

I mean, it's not like it's the market where they could make the most growth or anything...

9 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

People love to forget that if game devs did the right thing, AMD and Nvidia wouldn't need to release drivers to get games working properly on their GPU, and make them capable of utilising multiple GPU.

I know right?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Yeah no, I'm not gonna eat another sidegrade due to "power consumption reductions"

2x 8-pin connectors and full unlock, or GTFO

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 hour ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Yeah no, I'm not gonna eat another sidegrade due to "power consumption reductions"

2x 8-pin connectors and full unlock, or GTFO

I'd do the upgrade if I got the performance of my GTX 970, or even GTX 650ti, with the die size of my MR HD5650/HD5770.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 4/14/2016 at 0:37 PM, Humbug said:

Probably it will represent a performance gain within the price point at which they launch it.

But if we are looking for something to leave Fury X and 980ti in the dust we will have to wait for December when they launch Vega GPUs with HBM 2. That should slot in above polaris at a higher price point.

Ya but think Nvidia is launching their 980ti replacement using GDDR5, unlike Amd is releasing low and medium ends

On 4/14/2016 at 3:10 PM, MMKing said:

Haswell was a 177mm^2 chip, Skylake is a 133mm^2 chip. No, that is not a 33% difference. Try 77% difference in area.

Yet the Skylake chip is very comparable in terms of performance.

Ya so they made more money since they used less silicon for each chip and only a 5 to 10 percent performance gain.

7 hours ago, Jahramika said:

Ya but think Nvidia is launching their 980ti replacement using GDDR5, unlike Amd is releasing low and medium ends

Source? All we've got for this is a very vague and unreliable rumour, which states "facts" we know to be questionable. (Eg: Titan X '2' will be GP100 full bore, with HBM2.0, and '1080 Ti' will be GP100 cut down w/ GDDR5(X) - makes no sense, since they'll have to engineer a totally different memory controller for the same chip)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

100w for a R9-290 shader count.....

Noice.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

personally i dont care about power consumption in other things than phones and laptops. in my desktop, performance for the money I want to spend is what I care about, not if its 10 W or 500 W.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking