19-year-old sold newborn baby for an iPhone and motorbike: "I really didn't know it was illegal"

asim1999
19 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

To be honest, the kid is probably better off than staying with a walking cancer that does something like that.

Not likely.  Think about the kind of people that would buy a baby.  If you really just want to raise a child, there are plenty available in China.  From all the things I have read about people selling children, it is most often poor people who can't afford to feed the child, or stupid people like this guy.  And most often, the people buying, are not buying for good reasons.  Tons and Tons of children and people are sold every day, for an amount of money that would amaze you.  You can buy an 8-12 year old girl in many dirt poor countries for $50-350 USD.  It is a sad but amazingly common thing.  The sad truth of it is that human life is cheap and making a baby is easy.

He could've got a used Titan and a Motorbike and probably an SSD.  I'm sure he had an okay phone to begin with.

I just can't believe this happens. A phone and a bike cannot be changed for a life. What has this baby done to him? Why did he even bother having a baby if he's going to get rid of it?

There are just people with no soul, and it's sad when you hear what does one.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Life is such a unique and amazing thing yet we see this. More minus points for humanity.

14 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

I just can't believe this happens. A phone and a bike cannot be changed for a life. What has this baby done to him? Why did he even bother having a baby if he's going to get rid of it?

This kind of thing happens more than you realize, especially in areas of extreme poverty. They might sell a child, or let one die/starve, because in the end, they can simply have another later.

Terrible? Yes. But the world is often a terrible place.

20 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Not enough to scare off the "business" idea.

Human Trafficking in general has convictions all the time, yet it still happens. Criminals will be criminals. Some people have flexible (or no) morals.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

I will never understand how people can't just accept that to some people, human life is literally only worth what they can get out of it.  This is not a dig at you, I understand why you and others can't comprehend how someone could do this.  It just shows how little of the dark corners of the human psyche you have been exposed to, which isn't really a bad thing.  There is a lot of "evil" in the world, and some of it is really just local perspective.  Actions you think of as barbaric and unthinkable, are a normal Tuesday in some areas of the world.

To this man, the baby meant nothing.  It was an unfortunate side effect of the joy he felt when having sex with the mother.  It may have even been a simple lack of education that lead to the child being conceived, likely both him and the mother were taught very little about sex ed.  But to him, the child was just a thing, a burden.  It was a cost that he didn't want.  So to him, selling the kid was an easy decision.  It isn't like he was doing anything bad to it, he was giving to someone who wanted a baby, and he was getting something he wanted in return.  He likely didn't even think it was a big deal.  A product of upbringing and local society/culture.

#motorbikesarelife  jk that seriously doesnt surprise me at this point though.... sad to say that :/

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

23 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Not enough to scare off the "business" idea.

Oh, there is plenty to scare of the business.  The issue is enforcement and risk/reward.  There are stories in most 1st world modern societies about people getting caught after selling or buying tons of people/children.  It simply isn't common here in the "West" due to the abilities of law enforcement, and the general culture not tolerating it.  Don't kid yourself, if it was allowed, people would be selling and buying others like they were standard home items, we used to do it and we still would.

The problem with stopping it globally is the problem of value.  In poor country A, a person is worth nothing but the cost of food, and in country B, that same value is just pocket change.  It is the same problem with pouching too.  The demand is for 100k people, but there are only 1k people for sale (just using simple numbers).  It is difficult to find buyers and sellers due to laws and geographic separations.  There are basically enough people willing to pay what it costs, because the insane prices the sellers want are again, pocket change for the buyers.  So the sellers make crazy money to them, and the buyers get to own a human life.

The only way to fix it would be to change the base desires of the human soul.  And good luck with that, buying and selling people is not really that bad compared to some of the things humans have done.

*Extreme facepalm*

*breaks hand and face*

To be honest though , i can't be too surprised

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, ChineseChef said:

Oh, there is plenty to scare of the business.  The issue is enforcement and risk/reward.  There are stories in most 1st world modern societies about people getting caught after selling or buying tons of people/children.  It simply isn't common here in the "West" due to the abilities of law enforcement, and the general culture not tolerating it.  Don't kid yourself, if it was allowed, people would be selling and buying others like they were standard home items, we used to do it and we still would.

The problem with stopping it globally is the problem of value.  In poor country A, a person is worth nothing but the cost of food, and in country B, that same value is just pocket change.  It is the same problem with pouching too.  The demand is for 100k people, but there are only 1k people for sale (just using simple numbers).  It is difficult to find buyers and sellers due to laws and geographic separations.  There are basically enough people willing to pay what it costs, because the insane prices the sellers want are again, pocket change for the buyers.  So the sellers make crazy money to them, and the buyers get to own a human life.

The only way to fix it would be to change the base desires of the human soul.  And good luck with that, buying and selling people is not really that bad compared to some of the things humans have done.

But you also have to consider what happens to the human after they are brought. Prostitution, Ripped apart for good healthy organs, Eaten (Rare, but the possibility are out there).

Yes the idea of buying humans may not be as bad as other things we as humans could be doing, but what happens afterwards can be very dark. I am not saying there aren't any good humans who just wants a child, but the possibility still stands as there are cruel and dark humans out there.

24 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

But you also have to consider what happens to the human after they are brought. Prostitution, Ripped apart for good healthy organs, Eaten (Rare, but the possibility are out there).

Yes the idea of buying humans may not be as bad as other things we as humans could be doing, but what happens afterwards can be very dark. I am not saying there aren't any good humans who just wants a child, but the possibility still stands as there are cruel and dark humans out there.

Oh, I did not mean to imply they were going to have a happy fun time after being bought.  But we used to slaughter and rape our way across countries during wars, some still do.  And while being a slave is not really a good life, it isn't often as torturous as it could be.  There are torture and kill houses out there, but they aren't common.  And I don't view being killed quickly for non-pleasure reasons as an overly bad thing, it is not like they will care after they die.

On a side note, in no way am I attempting to defend or belittle the experience of these people.  The hard truth is there are some shitty people out there who do horrible things.  There is darkness inside us all, and often the only thing keeping it there is fear of punishment.

59 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

i think this is news because it involves an iphone. but you cant be that naive. over 1 million children are trafficked each year. when small babies are involved you can bet that doctors or even the law enforcement are involved 

Wow only a combined 5 years?
But if you downloaded a movie get ready to have your anus torn apart cause you will be in jail for a lot longer.

This is 2016 and are laws are still fucked.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

3 hours ago, gFrenken97 said:

To be honest, the kid is probably better off than staying with a walking cancer that does something like that.

Yeah, looks like the buyer is wealthy so hopefully that kid will have a happy and secure future.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Off Topic? Just cause it has an iphone involved doesn't make it tech news.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Scary part is China has a higher average IQ rating than the U.S..

3 hours ago, ZetZet said:

who buys a baby tho

Chinese families who either cannot have children or don't want to get rekt by the child limit (if that still exists)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 hours ago, Ruhel said:

Man tried to trade a baby for 15 big macs!

http://now8news.com/man-tries-to-trade-kidnapped-baby-for-15-big-macs-at-arkansas-mcdonalds/

Im hoping its fake!

"That white man was crazy ... I grabbed the broom, swung at real real hard, and crack that punk in the neck. He fell and hit his head on the floor, knocked him clean out. My aim’s on fleek ... held on an $800 bond" these seem to suggest the story is fake ...

2 hours ago, BOT Edward said:

Wow only a combined 5 years?
But if you downloaded a movie get ready to have your anus torn apart cause you will be in jail for a lot longer.

This is 2016 and are laws are still fucked.

not in china to be fair the government doesnt care if you pirate stuff in china

After reading the text this doesn't seem so bad, it is still bad, but not as horrible as it sounds.

While the method was illegal I would say it was probably best for the kid to "get adopted", ghetto adoption method or not.

Considering how the local police/government has let the child be with the other family I would at least assume he has decent conditions there.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

"I myself was adopted, and many in my hometown sell their children, because I can’t grow them,"

Of course! They aren't Cabbage Patch Kids! xD

I hope they don't give the baby back. Good Lord.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I already lost all my faith in humanity a long time ago. Though oddly the humans that use tech forums such as this one tend to be among the best humans I can encounter.

But go outside and just nope. I view humanity as Earth cancer. 

Linus is my fetish.