19-year-old sold newborn baby for an iPhone and motorbike: "I really didn't know it was illegal"

asim1999
nfortunately, this is not a story taken from The Onion: a 19-year-old in China has sold his newborn daughter for money and spent the cash for a new iPhone and a motorbike.

The gruesome transaction took place nearly a year ago. The young man identified as A Duan allegedly sold his 18-day-old daughter to a stranger and received some 23,000 yuan (the equivalent of around $3,500) and there was even some bargaining for the price, according to the report. The whole story takes place in the city of Tong'an, in the province of Fujian.

The father of the child had not yet completed high school, while the mother was below the age of consent when the child was conceived.

The father had obviously gone looking for a way to sell the child to get money and found a willing buyer on Chinese chat service QQ. The stranger claimed he was buying the child for his sister.

The mother was later tracked down by police and detained. She confessed: "I myself was adopted, and many in my hometown sell their children, because I can’t grow them," she said, according to reports. "I really didn’t know it was illegal."

Both the mother and the father have now been sentenced, but the penalties are not the maximum allowed since the judge found their difficult circumstances played a role in their decision. The man will serve a three year prison sentence, while the mother received a suspended sentence of two and a half years.

The absurdity concludes with the fact that since the parents are considered unable to look after the child, the buyer's sister is still looking after the kid.

This is messed up. They should have accepted responsibility and worn protection if they didnt want the kid. Also, no human life is worth material gain such as cash. 

Source:http://www.phonearena.com/news/19-year-old-sold-newborn-baby-for-an-iPhone-and-motorbike-I-really-didnt-know-it-was-illegal_id79067

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Well, I hope the court is lenient since he's a 1st time offender. He didn't know it was illegal.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

"...because I can't grow them". I guess there was a translation error somewhere translation chain. 

Also, while I haven't heard the story with a child before, it is not an uncommon occurrence to hear about people in China selling various internal organs for material gain.

Edit: I spoke too soon about selling children: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/19/world/asia/china-babies-trafficking/ 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

"I myself was adopted, and many in my hometown sell their children, because I can’t grow them,"

because I can’t grow them

omg that quote XD. "Can't grow them"

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, beach_boy98 said:

Wow. This kinnda stuff makes me loose my faith in humanity.

I already have none

To be honest, the kid is probably better off than staying with a walking cancer that does something like that.

who buys a baby tho

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If it took place in China, PRC China, I am not surprised.

Mix a bit of poverty, low level of education, cultural background of needing to show off, influence of western consumerism and need to have "latest" gadgets...

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

FYI, here's another story that makes me completely lose my faith in humanity.

A baby dolphin was killed in Argentina last week after beachgoers scooped it out of the water and passed it around for selfies. The incident has sparked outrage from animal rights activists and warnings from a wildlife foundation.

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/18/baby-dolphin-dies-beachgoers-passed-around-selfies/#more-203960

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, ALwin said:

FYI, here's another story that makes me completely lose my faith in humanity.

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/18/baby-dolphin-dies-beachgoers-passed-around-selfies/#more-203960

Saw that a while back. I feel sad to be a part of the human race now. Society has degraded so much (if it had any morality to begin with) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

8 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

To be honest, the kid is probably better off than staying with a walking cancer that does something like that.

I was thinking the same.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

6 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

who buys a baby tho

Apparently someone whose sister is really desperate for one... :|

10 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

should've used rubber

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

This is like the Male equivalent of abortion & independent life xD

Details separate people.

6 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

I already have none

who buys a baby tho

Well, if you think about it, with adoption fees, anyone who adopts is "buying" a child. Though it's obviously not comparable to this.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Man tried to trade a baby for 15 big macs!

http://now8news.com/man-tries-to-trade-kidnapped-baby-for-15-big-macs-at-arkansas-mcdonalds/

Im hoping its fake!

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

"I  didn't know it was illegal"

probably because it's a law that isn't brought up too often because most people wouldn't try to sell their own child. Maybe it's just me though.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

The Onion.... even if this one is fake, sometimes they do pull a truth here and there to throw everyone off. but its China, they're already going to lift the one-child limit. so imagine how much crowded shit is going to be.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

Saw that a while back. I feel sad to be a part of the human race now. Society has degraded so much (if it had any morality to begin with) 

Sometimes I think that if climate change is going to somehow cause the extinction of the human species in the future, it should be allowed to happen.  Because the way we treat our planet, our environment, each other, etc. we don't deserve to live.  Let another species become the dominant intelligent species on Earth and hope that they do better.

1 minute ago, branden_lucero said:

The Onion....

A lot of the sensational headlines cannot be verified and are probably from a troll site. 

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

4 minutes ago, Ruhel said:

A lot of the sensational headlines cannot be verified and are probably from a troll site. 

kinda updated my post after re-readingt OP post :$

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

4 minutes ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

"I  didn't know it was illegal"

probably because it's a law that isn't brought up too often because most people wouldn't try to sell their own child. Maybe it's just me though.

More like, people have been doing this for ages...and no one has actually been caught...

1 minute ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

More like, people have been doing this for ages...and no one has actually been caught...

I guess you're right.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

2 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

I'm sure plenty of people have been caught, actually.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)