Google Says Its Broadband Balloons Pose No Radiation Threat

Google Says Its Broadband Balloons Pose No Radiation Threat

By: Karl Bode of DSL Reports

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Google-Says-Its-Broadband-Balloons-Pose-No-Radiation-Threat-136191

2nd source: http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/google-fcc-project-loon-balloons-won-t-fry-anyone-radiation-n506291

According to Google the broadcasted Wi-Fi wont cause any damage to people but nothing about animals is mentioned.  The quotes below pretty much sums it all up.

Google's Letter

In a new letter to the FCC, Google notes that the balloons, which will deliver broadband to under-served region from 60,000 feet, are high enough that any RF energy received by humans would be well within limits for airborne and terrestrial transmitters in the 71-76 and 81-86 GHz bands (the E-band).

"Even if an airborne transmitter were aimed precisely at a person on the ground directly below it, the signal strength received on the ground would be millions of times weaker than FCC limits," Google explains.

Honestly I think that Google may be correct but there something not being said here but I am no expert on this so I cant say.

Thoughts?

Edited by SansVarnic
Forgot to add link to source.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Sigh... RF is not ionizing radiation... It doesn't really matter anyways.

Not at that power level. Again "millions of times lower than FCC limits" Aka likely millions of times lower than current radio stations.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I have two things to say:

1. Humans are animals.
  2. Just because Google didn't mention animals, doesn't mean anything. They clearly weren't in question when taking this quote in to an assumed context (I didn't read the article, just assuming).

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

19 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Not at that power level. Again "millions of times lower than FCC limits" Aka likely millions of times lower than current radio stations.

Exactly this. I want to strangle people that say that shit like wifi or whatever is bad for you like n**** please. :P

EDIT: God I love it when mods edit posts for using words in a clearly jokingly matter. Jesus christ.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I mean radiowaves can cause issues if the signal is strong enough and you are close enough, but it's within the FCC's safety limits and at 60000 feet so why is this even an issue, I blame hippies.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

How about the bees? /s or not? Idk I'm no expert on this :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

17 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

How about the bees? /s or not? Idk I'm no expert on this :P

Recent studies already demonstrated that cellphones are killing bees.

I saw a documentary about the wifi (on a french TV channel), and unfortunatly, bees are affected in a similar way: their orientation sense is disturbed by wifi, which means they cannot get back to their hive, and die. Apparently, even some birds are affected by that, and some of them can't get back to the nest. Of course, since Wifi is categorized as "public utility", nothing will be done to solve this matter.

Maybe we are not directly affected by this, but other species are.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Well then... imagine just if it was made to kill people... really.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

5 hours ago, IhazHedont said:

I saw a documentary about the wifi (on a french TV channel), and unfortunatly, bees are affected in a similar way: their orientation sense is disturbed by wifi, which means they cannot get back to their hive, and die. Apparently, even some birds are affected by that, and some of them can't get back to the nest. Of course, since Wifi is categorized as "public utility", nothing will be done to solve this matter.

Maybe we are not directly affected by this, but other species are.

Sucks to be them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

18 hours ago, IhazHedont said:

Reading into that more showed that his experiments involved putting 1-2 cellphones inside the hive. That particular group hasn't done anything on normal uses and how bees are effected by cell towers or the like. 

http://phys.org/news/2011-05-cell-contributing-honeybee-population-decline.html

From that article

scientists argue that cell phones are not normally found in beehives and believe that other causes, such as pesticides, the varroa mite, viruses, genetically modified crops, and unusually cold winters.

This is also backed up by this video. More people seem to be attributing the bee decline to parasites, pesticides, and lack of diversity. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

15 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Sucks to be them.

At the moment it sucks for them, but it will suck for us also, eventually. If bees went extinct the world as we know it would change dramatically. There are so many articles explaining that humans directly would be affected by this. Einstain himself mentioned about it and you don't argue with smart guys like him. Here is one of his quotes:

8c2894635c9191af40b2f32a75bd24fe.gif

17 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Sucks to be them.

It will suck for you too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

We better all put our tin foil hats on.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

On 2.2.2016 at 2:25 AM, SansVarnic said:

Honestly I think that Google may be correct but there something not being said here but I am no expert on this so I cant say.

Thoughts?

If they didn't fulfill the restrictions, they will be taken down by the government within days. So this "reason for safety" applies to all wireless systems.

But I assume this systems can potentially harm more than the regular cell towers:

The signal streng dropps with the square of the distance. As all people / animlas are rougthly at the same distance they can crank up the transmitted power big time.

For a regula cell tower you have to limit the power to protect the people that are close and everybody else gets way less radiation as they are more distant.

But to be fair, the radiation from the Uplink device is several 1000 times more powerful as you are close to it. I don't worry about this balloons at all.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

On 2/2/2016 at 3:27 AM, Curufinwe_wins said:

But, but EHS! Don't you know it's all these stupid googles with their dangerous wi-fi making my kid dose off in class! Don't try and deny, johnny would never do that unless he was being affected by an outside source! 

is the /s even necessary?

- snip-

23 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Sucks to be them.

godaaaaaaamn I thought you of all people would know about this. Bees are an extremely fundamental part of our agriculture, and there's really not much we could grow without them. no bees= no food.

- snip-

8 hours ago, bigneo said:

At the moment it sucks for them, but it will suck for us also, eventually. If bees went extinct the world as we know it would change dramatically. There are so many articles explaining that humans directly would be affected by this. Einstain himself mentioned about it and you don't argue with smart guys like him. Here is one of his quotes:

-snip

abraham-lincoln-quote-internet-hoax-fake-450x293.jpg

- snip-

8 hours ago, bigneo said:

snip

He never actually said that, it's an internet misquote (it would likely destroy at least a third of agriculture though)

Also there is a solution (but no one is going to like it) killer bees are far more resilient than european ones and actually pollinate well, so we should likely look into crossbreading again but this time in an isolated location.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

7 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Some time ago in mi high school they offered interned over wi-fi, I thought they disabled it cause abuse... but nope, some stupid parent didn't want his son to "get cancer" and actually they never provided any evidence...

RF waves do likely cause tumors but the culprit is likely phones not wifi (proximity and signal strength), more research is needed either way to prove or disprove the concept, the only thing we do know is brain tumors have increased in number (and percentage) as for the cause we are not sure yet.

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

RF waves do likely cause tumors but the culprit is likely phones not wifi (proximity and signal strength), more research is need either way to prove or disprove the concept, the only thing we do know is brain tumors have increased in number as for the cause we are not sure yet.

But the number of pink bags of flesh known as humans have also increased...

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

But the number of pink bags of flesh known as humans have also increased...

By percentage they have increased not just number, I wasn't clear it would seem.