EA has just a released a new DLC! But it's free! Wait, WTF?

AlTech

Breaking News: EA releases free DLC? Yes, they've done just that. The company has released a free DLC for Star Wars battlefront.

This DLC includes a new Leia outfit, a new luke outfit and a new tatooine map. Quite awesome stuff if you ask me. (Pity the base game sucks imo)

starwarsbattlefront-2015-11-18-08-59-24-

Yesterday it’s been confirmed that Star Wars Battlefront, the new game developed by DICE based on the popular franchise, is going to receive its next update this month. The team also confirmed that free DLC packs are also going to be released this month alongside the update. Today, we have finally learned more about these upcoming Star Wars Battlefront DLC packs thanks to a new video shared by EA Brasil.

Great job EA! Keep it up.

Leave a comment below!

http://wccftech.com/star-wars-battlefront-free-january-dlc-content-include-tattooine-map-luke-leia-outfits/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

They have already released two free DLCs for battlefield 4 last year.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Breaking News: EA releases free DLC? Yes, they've done just that. The company has released a free DLC for Star Wars battlefront.

This DLC includes a new Leia outfit, a new luke outfit and a new tatooine map. Quite awesome stuff if you ask me. (Pity the base game sucks imo)

Great job EA! Keep it up.

Leave a comment below!

http://wccftech.com/star-wars-battlefront-free-january-dlc-content-include-tattooine-map-luke-leia-outfits/

Exactly.  Not really news.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

EA trying to make a name for themselves. Eh.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Wow, 2 skins and a map. Colour me impressed. If they had allowed for modding these things would be available in the hundreds, for free.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The day Battlefield DLC servers will have players (outside large countries) is when they stop splitting the community with paid maps and an expansion like patch system. YOU HAVE TO F**KING OPT IN TO THE FREE DLC......EA PLZ

Wow, 2 skins and a map. Colour me impressed. If they had allowed for modding these things would be available in the hundreds, for free.

Remember the old days when map packs were free, were called map packs or updates and not unnecessarily long and generalized terms which need an abbreviation (DLC) and were standard because they generated sales even though they were free?  

Pepperidge farm remembers 

Remember the old days when map packs were free, were called map packs or updates and not unnecessarily long and generalized terms which need an abbreviation (DLC) and were standard because they generated sales even though they were free?  

bf1942 ; _ ; what have they done to you

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

LMFAO

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

NFS 2015 did receive a couple of updates, and more are on their way. All 4 free.

It fixes things but also adds a lot of stuff. And it's not called DLC but an update, like it should be called!

1 update for example added 100+ parts for 6 cars i think. Which is nice :P

So it looks like EA is starting to change it's direction. Finally?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This is not breaking news, EA has done this many times, Three free in BF4 with another coming, all DLC for Titanfall changed to free, and they periodically give classic games out free. And This free DLC (along with the previous one) was announced months ago.

Three actually, and there may be one more.

Community Map, Classic Map, Night Map, they are planed to release two more Night Map together.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

and more to come!!!

BF4 will be kept alive with "free" content going until BF5 or BC3 around Christmas this year

It will be BF5, though the setting is unknown they did say it would be BF5. I'm guessing just another modern to close future war setting. I'm hoping for WW or far future.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It will be BF5, though the setting is unknown they did say it would be BF5. I'm guessing just another modern to close future war setting. I'm hoping for WW or far future.

I'm just hoping for WWII or maybe even WWI, knowing that the chances of it happening are below 1%.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I don't care about skins, but a new free map, I'll take it.

I'm not sure mods for AAA games would work out. You'd definitely wouldn't get stuff like this... In terms of quality, time spent, and scale. It just isn't possible.

How many people do you guys think it took to made that map? Not just one or two. 

Also, EA has been doing this for a while. You'd have to be under a pretty dumb rock to not have caught wind of this... 

EA isn't that bad anymore. There's a good handful of developers that do much worse things.

Let's not praise EA/Dice for something that should have been included in the base game on release.

Two skins and a map is hardly something worth praising them other anyways.

Let's not praise EA/Dice for something that should have been included in the base game on release.

Indeed. We'll talk after they include prequel battles, maps, and armies ofc.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

From what I've seen (I don't own the game), all the maps look really detailed. I assume the problem is that they are tied to the Star Wars universe, so they're really tied on the minor details and layout of the map. If they weren't bound to a specific lore, I'd assume they can just come up with anything they want.

In EA's case, it's probably easier to assume that it would've been in the base game, but it got rushed. Now they try to clean their name by releasing it as "free DLC".

I'd say EA is still the shittiest publisher, but I think WB took the throne from them today.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

From what I've seen (I don't own the game), all the maps look really detailed. I assume the problem is that they are tied to the Star Wars universe, so they're really tied on the minor details and layout of the map. If they weren't bound to a specific lore, I'd assume they can just come up with anything they want.

Yeah but when their game costs $60 and it has no content to show for it, they don't deserve any praise for "giving us free dlc".

Yeah but when their game costs $60 and it has no content to show for it, they don't deserve any praise for "giving us free dlc".

Agreed. Though, they deserve praise for "not giving us dlc that you have to pay for".  :P

That is true, they used photogrammetry which takes a lot of work, and when you're playing the experience is one of the best I've felt in any game. Kudos there. Sadly not enough content. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Agreed. Though, they deserve praise for "not giving us dlc that you have to pay for". :P

I know what you mean, but I still think we shouldn't give them praise. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due but they're so far down in the hole on this game they shouldn't get any form of praise from anyone for some small piece of free DLC.