AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I'm going to make this crystal clear to everyone - no matter someones thoughts on something, whether or not they hate or love brand X over brand Y, that does not give you the permission to abuse and ridicule someone because of that. If you partake in that behavior, you may be banned outright. You have been warned.

AMD just released a new set of drivers, 16.1 hotfix

release notes and download links: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.1-Hotfix-Release-Notes.aspx

in a true fashion of "if ain't broke, don't fix it", AMD went ahead and fixed it broke it

Crimson Edition was plagued from the start with some pretty concerning issues, ranging from fan control issues to software related stuff

not to mention they went and reworked the UI in a very dumb manner, and keeping the old Catalyst interface for the more "advanced" settings

what AMD fixed:

cjru3yG.png

what AMD has yet to fix:

wYdLkgT.png

latest reports about Crimson drivers involve issues with Maya: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3ztbyu/latest_amd_crimson_edition_graphic_driver_breaks/

----

note to moderators and admins

I'm having a hard time adding content to the OP related to issues fixed and not fixed related to this driver lease - will add it as image

Cloud Flare is flagging me CloudFlare Ray ID: 2618b4ffe5e22318

I still can't change display settings from the AMD control center thingy. Quite annoying

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Careful zMeul, you've been on a pretty good streak by not spreading toxicity in your threads. You won't want to start that now.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Careful zMeul, you've been on a pretty good streak by not spreading toxicity in your threads. You won't want to start that now.  

For once he has a point.

Crimson's been pretty borked ever since launch

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

in a true fashion of "if ain't broke, don't fix it", AMD went ahead and fixed it broke it

For once he has a point.

I'm very specifically pointing to this part. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

For once he has a point.

I'm still on the old drivers as since crimson half my games started flickering in full screen mode...

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

at least amd post things that are broken.... unlike nvidia... which post only fixed things... and users have to figure out themselves whats broken....

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

-snip-

Im at work and imgur is blocked here but can you tell me if they've fixed the whole '2 displays wont work properly, where 1 loses signal'? thanks :)

I still can't change display settings from the AMD control center thingy. Quite annoying

It's a good thing you've been able to do this in Windows since....Windows 95/NT...probably earlier.

I have never used CCC to change my resolution or extend my desktop because you had to click like 5 buttons to even get to the damn menu.  Half the clicks are spent trying to remember what menu it is even under

Im at work and imgur is blocked here but can you tell me if they've fixed the whole '2 displays wont work properly, where 1 loses signal'? thanks :)

open the 1st link

I can't copy/paste the fixes list because Cloud Flare is blocking me, for some reason

the beauty of virtual machines: taking snapshots before performing system changes

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Crimson Edition was plagued from the start with some pretty concerning issues, ranging from fan control issues to software related stuff

not to mention they went and reworked the UI in a very dumb manner, and keeping the old Catalyst interface for the more "advanced" settings

What about the "If it looks outdated, update it" with the UI? Most of the reasons why people are on Windows 7/8.1/10 is because of the UI update. I would really be disgusted if UI wasn't updated to a more 'modern' look. Another example would be to look at people's clothes and hairstyles. A lot of people are not stuck on the outdated 80s look and whatnot. It really would be a shame if no software at least tried to update their UI.

Solid fix list.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

@App4that - "Compass flickering on 290 and 295X2". Enjoy.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

@App4that - "Compass flickering on 290 and 295X2". Enjoy.

Already downloaded it and hot damn it worked! No performance improvement but I'm still happy the 200 series got some love.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Already downloaded it and hot damn it worked! No performance improvement but I'm still happy the 200 series got some love.

I just like to point out that, just as every new thing, it will always have issues to iron out, no matter who you buy from. Hell, Dell had a laptop that literally exploded during a conference but people still value their machines :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Windows 10 Long Boot on notebooks because of ULPS still not fixed. Nothing new, amd drivers still suck and most likely always will

What about the "If it looks outdated, update it" with the UI? Most of the reasons why people are on Windows 7/8.1/10 is because of the UI update. I would really be disgusted if UI wasn't updated to a more 'modern' look. Another example would be to look at people's clothes and hairstyles. A lot of people are not stuck on the outdated 80s look and whatnot. It really would be a shame if no software at least tried to update their UI.

riight

so, divert money and time developing a new UI that no one asked for or needed, instead of using those resources in fixing actual issues the drivers have  <_<

they even did a half arsed job, the old CCC is still there

there was nothing wrong with CCC, absolutely nothing - all the settings were in "logical" places and people accustomed with

someone at AMD was like "nope, let's fuck it up!" ...  and they did - the Crimson UI is trash

I was having trouble with that damn CrossfireX badge crap not turning off after I told it to do so at least 10 times. I eventually had to restore default settings just to get it to go away in games

Good stuff from AMD.

Liking Crimson so far.  The drivers itself have continued to be solid for me, add to that the new features plus the control panel is much more efficient, fast and optimized. Looking so good doesn't hurt either. Once they finish migrating all the settings over from the old catalyst settings it will be perfect and then they can do away with the old catalyst control center completely.

riight

so, divert money and time developing a new UI that no one asked for or needed, instead of using those resources in fixing actual issues the drivers have  <_<

they even did a half arsed job, the old CCC is still there

there was nothing wrong with CCC, absolutely nothing - all the settings were in "logical" places and people accustomed with

someone at AMD was like "nope, let's fuck it up!" ...  and they did - the Crimson UI is trash

You are completely clueless. How you come up with the conclusions you do, is beyond me.

How much time and development do you think this tanked from their driver team? I would say almost none. It is a UI, ffs.

Many people, are more than glad for this new change. Because I do want to be able to do simple/smaller changes without waiting forever and a sunday.

Now, one point I will give you; AMD rushed it for no apparent reason. They didn't have any actual important product release to be scheduled with it, so I dont see why they just didn't delay it, until they removed the old UI completely.

There was a whole lot of wrong with CCC. We know you don't like AMD, but please, for the love of god, stfu on matters you know nothing about.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

For once he has a point.

I have personally had no issues with Crimson - though I can certainly understand that others may encounter bugs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)