AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I'm going to make this crystal clear to everyone - no matter someones thoughts on something, whether or not they hate or love brand X over brand Y, that does not give you the permission to abuse and ridicule someone because of that. If you partake in that behavior, you may be banned outright. You have been warned.

crimson has been less clunky for me then CCC ever was. Especially in the CF department.

not to mention, individual OC of a dual GPU card in a way that isnt shit... yeah, i like that.

for those who didnt know, CCC wasnt really nice to my 295x2 when trying to use different power targets for my GPUs

You are completely clueless. How you come up with the conclusions you do, is beyond me.

How much time and development do you think this tanked from their driver team? I would say almost none. It is a UI, ffs.

Many people, are more than glad for this new change. Because I do want to be able to do simple/smaller changes without waiting forever and a sunday.

Now, one point I will give you; AMD rushed it for no apparent reason. They didn't have any actual important product release to be scheduled with it, so I dont see why they just didn't delay it, until they removed the old UI completely.

There was a whole lot of wrong with CCC. We know you don't like AMD, but please, for the love of god, stfu on matters you know nothing about.

It was rushed since the Alpha was leaked and the WHQL had to be forced since the Alpha was buggy as fuck (20% fan speed?)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Both red and green team release buggy drivers. It's how these things work. Nvidia has released multiple drivers at various points in time that have destroyed both their own cards and there was also those laptop displays. I also recall trying to play some Heroes 6 on a 630M. Nope. After 10-20 minutes of game play most textures turn black making the game unplayable. Tried multiple drivers. Checked online. Apparently Nvidia said "nope. Not gonna fix that. Have fun" and devs couldn't do anything.

So let's enjoy the occasional fuck up on both teams because it'll continue to happen. No matter how much money and manpower you throw at it, it'll happen.

Both red and green team release buggy drivers. It's how these things work. Nvidia has released multiple drivers at various points in time that have destroyed both their own cards and there was also those laptop displays. I also recall trying to play some Heroes 6 on a 630M. Nope. After 10-20 minutes of game play most textures turn black making the game unplayable. Tried multiple drivers. Checked online. Apparently Nvidia said "nope. Not gonna fix that. Have fun" and devs couldn't do anything.

So let's enjoy the occasional fuck up on both teams because it'll continue to happen. No matter how much money and manpower you throw at it, it'll happen.

Someone who is being objective? What? HERESY!

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

riight

so, divert money and time developing a new UI that no one asked for or needed, instead of using those resources in fixing actual issues the drivers have  <_<

they even did a half arsed job, the old CCC is still there

there was nothing wrong with CCC, absolutely nothing - all the settings were in "logical" places and people accustomed with

someone at AMD was like "nope, let's fuck it up!" ...  and they did - the Crimson UI is trash

The Crimson UI is a step towards the right direction. The Crimson UI has added quite a bit of functionality not available to CCC as well.

Also, you do realize the industry we are talking about right? We are talking about the graphics card industry, where visually appealing is literally the only thing they push for. Both companies will always have bugs in their drivers too, so I'm somewhat not surprised that the Crimson UI has bugs.

I've been having display driver crashes with Crimson, so I've reverted to Catalyst for now: https://community.amd.com/message/2699057

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Still no multi GPU support with newer drivers.....and its over 5 years since this was released:

post-155575-0-06690300-1452286233_thumb.

(and yes-you can dedicate a screen to the secondary gpu)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

old obsolete feature is OLD!

Think APU+dGPU......AMD's latest drivers which work with Intel iGPU+AMD dGPU are compatible with Windows 10, and yet this laptop with 2x AMD dGPU only has a single Windows 7 driver.

PMSL

The Crimson UI is a step towards the right direction. The Crimson UI has added quite a bit of functionality not available to CCC as well.

nothing prevented AMD from implementing those new features in the already existing CCC

You are completely clueless. How you come up with the conclusions you do, is beyond me.

How much time and development do you think this tanked from their driver team? I would say almost none. It is a UI, ffs.

Many people, are more than glad for this new change. Because I do want to be able to do simple/smaller changes without waiting forever and a sunday.

Now, one point I will give you; AMD rushed it for no apparent reason. They didn't have any actual important product release to be scheduled with it, so I dont see why they just didn't delay it, until they removed the old UI completely.

There was a whole lot of wrong with CCC. We know you don't like AMD, but please, for the love of god, stfu on matters you know nothing about.

O'really?!

sow how come Crimson took one step sideways and 3 behind?!

Crimson drivers introduced new issues at the driver level that were not present in the 15.11.1 - like for example, the compass from Fallout 4

and you call me clueless

Think APU+dGPU......AMD's latest drivers which work with Intel iGPU+AMD dGPU are compatible with Windows 10, and yet this laptop with 2x AMD dGPU only has a single Windows 7 driver.

cuz at some point, its time to let fucking go.

That laptop you were showing off. the graphics are from 2009 and 2010... not THAT old, but still, at some point you NEED to cease driver support.

atleast AMD is better then ASUS, most ASUS products stop getting drivers 3 years after release. REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT IS....

my D2X soundcard has a BETA driver to make it work with Win10 and it is stable (which for asus, is fucking miraculous)

nothing prevented AMD from implementing those new features in the already existing CCC

that YOU know of. UIs also has limitations and for all we know, CCC could be lacking functionality to support some of the features without heavily modding shit. And we all know what happens when code is patched with more code to run some code it wasnt supporting in the first place.

it gets unstable, then it goes shit, then it dies and 500 hotfixes later is still sucks.

sometimes, its time to say "enough, we have beaten this dead horse long enough. Time to do something else"

cuz at some point, its time to let fucking go.

That laptop you were showing off. the graphics are from 2009 and 2010... not THAT old, but still, at some point you NEED to cease driver support.

atleast AMD is better then ASUS, most ASUS products stop getting drivers 3 years after release. REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT IS....

my D2X soundcard has a BETA driver to make it work with Win10 and it is stable (which for asus, is fucking miraculous)

I know that at some point support needs to be dropped. But there is nothing after 2010 when the dGPU were still 'new'.

PMSL

O'really?!

Crimson drivers introduced new issues at the driver level that were not present in the 15.11.1 - like for example, the compass from Fallout 4

and you call me clueless

oi mate. what happened between FO4 release and 30th of november....

oh yeah, SEVERAL UPDATES...

this is Bethesda we are talking about. The only company on earth able to break shit before they started on it

I know that at some point support needs to be dropped. But there is nothing after 2010 when the dGPU were still 'new'.

it could be due to OEMs not selling enough units. and or OEM being responsible for pushing the updates.

that YOU know of. UIs also has limitations and for all we know, CCC could be lacking functionality to support some of the features without heavily modding shit. And we all know what happens when code is patched with more code to run some code it wasnt supporting in the first place.

it gets unstable, then it goes shit, then it dies and 500 hotfixes later is still sucks.

sometimes, its time to say "enough, we have beaten this dead horse long enough. Time to do something else"

Besides, with the amount of work that would require them to totally re-write the GUI to meet modern standards and expectations, they might as well just write a whole new program anyway.

Also, obviously they used some existing CCC code, since the advanced menu is still part of the old CCC.

Still, I have no idea why @zMuel is freaking out about this. Features can break during ANY driver update, not just a UI overhaul like what we got. And I personally have had no issues at all. I love the new software. It's much more logical and better laid out. It's easier to navigate to any of the settings.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

oi mate. what happened between FO4 release and 30th of november....

oh yeah, SEVERAL UPDATES...

this is Bethesda we are talking about. The only company on earth able to break shit before they started on it

Though its funny firing up FONV, playing it for a bit, then firing up FO4 and realising that the games look pretty much the same apart from a few tweaks here and there. BTW, FO4 to me looks about as good as HL2, if not a tad worse.

PMSL

What exactly doesn't work? No Windows 10 driver? No hybrid crossfire?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What exactly doesn't work? No Windows 10 driver? No hybrid crossfire?

I can not install the individual Windows 10 driver for either of them as they end up breaking Windows 10 or only allowing me to use the HD4250-which can't play DX 11 games, and there is no support for switching between the low and high power dGPU.

PMSL

O'really?!

and you call me clueless

Yes, really. You are quite special.

Do you even understand the very concept of Crimson? Like really?

So, you really think that Crimson (and what will follow with Crimson in the future), is the wrong direction for AMD? Should they just stick with old CCC? That pile of garbage, just to be honest?

I do call you clueless.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

I can not install the individual Windows 10 driver for either of them as they end up breaking Windows 10 or only allowing me to use the HD4250-which can't play DX 11 games, and there is no support for switching between the low and high power dGPU.

Which driver revision are you trying to install? Driver revision 8.970.100.9001 should be installed by Windows Update (Windows Update will only install the GPU driver, it won't install anything else including Catalyst Control Centre), the Catalyst Control Centre version to go with that should be 13.4 (download the installer from the AMD website and under custom installation disable everything except CCC).

Source: http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/11630-ati-radeon-hd-4200-driver-64-bit-windows-10-a-2.html

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Never had any issues with crimson. I like how it updates drivers now too.

Fallouts compass flickered but wasnt by any means unusable.

Never had any issues with crimson. I like how it updates drivers now too.

Ya I haven't had any issues either.

The updates are a very big plus point especially for people who are not savvy / on the ball enough to realize the importance of always having the newest drivers for the latest games. Which actually is most PC gamers...