“Clock boy” Ahmed Mohamed wants an apology—and $15 million

Samfisher

Source : http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/11/clock-boy-ahmed-mohamed-wants-an-apology-and-15-million/

ahmed.wales_-640x360.jpg

Mohamed's lawyer: "The numbers are huge... but the damages are incalculable."

Basically, Ahmed Mohammed is demanding $15 million and a written apology.  For what you may ask?

"clearly severe" damages in the aftermath, including his treatment on the Glenn Beck show, online harassment, and having his name and likeness "forever associated with arguably the most contentious and divisive socio-political issue of our time...  Ahmed's reputation in the global community is permanently scarred."

Family is in Qatar after accepting an invitation to study at the Qatar Foundation. I'm not sure how I feel about this, after listening to his BS CPU soldering nonsense...

Ahmed-Mohamed-I-Built-More-Stuff-Thats-V

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Fuck this little shit. I hope he dies in a terrorist attack.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

It's just a hoax, his family is planning to move back to whatever country it is in the middle east they're from when this has all settled.

I hope they get this turned around on them, that kid and his family deserves some discipline.

They'll probably get blown up by some suicide bomber once they move anyways. Poor people.

This whole thing was a big joke. His dad is a crook and should be held on trial then thrown in jail because of how pitifully guilty he is.

I used to be quite active here.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, after listening to his BS CPU soldering nonsense...

I am fucking with you here. I threw up my lunch when I first heard about this. And I was eating breakfast.

Whoa buddy, dial it back a bit.

He can eat shit though, this proves he is actively trying to cause a media catastrophe.

He worked for nothing and got everything.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

The picture you have at the end is a factoid. It has no relevance to his suing for the violation of his civil rights.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

He worked for nothing and got everything.

Welcome to being a professional victim. The most popular of modern political tactics.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wish I could sue every time someone hurt my feelings. :( or kicked me out of wal-mart for looking too poor. :(

OH WHAT AM I SAYING, MY WHITE PRIVILEGE GAVE ME A SPLENDID LIFE.

:rolleyes:

The picture you have at the end is a factoid. It has no relevance to his suing for the violation of his civil rights.

That's not why he is suing though?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Sorry Czex, but inb4 warning

I did not see that coming from you

I just think this whole situation is fucked up.

Sounds like the asshat let the fame go to his head.

I just think this whole situation is fucked up.

Indeed it is.

If memory serves, he was warned several times about the clock he "made", and ignored those warnings.

I hope he loses the suit entirely, and his family is stuck paying whatever scum sucking lawyer they managed to dredge up, completely out of pocket.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So do I. But hoping somebody dies in a terrorist attack is a... little... umm... excessive? 

I don't mean it, I'm just angry.

Also, from what I've heard, the kids a fucking idiot that has no idea what he's doing and is being controlled by his father who is involved in politics. 

Everyone just calm down on the death wishes etc etc.. Be civil and talk like grown adults.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I came in here to bitch, but it looks like that was taken care of.

1269337691_guy-walks-in-on-obamas-speech

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Everyone just calm down on the death wishes etc etc.. Be civil and talk like grown adults.

Lol that's what I thought.

They're coming back to Texas for fear of being blown up by their Muslim brothers *ahem* I mean for "security reasons."

I don't want them living near me again. :(

I used to be quite active here.