EA is already planning more Battlefront games

If you need me, I'll be enjoying space battles and singleplayer campaign on Battlefront II. Y'know, features that were available 10 years ago, and should've be included in Battlefront III. Just sayin'.

No you won't.

MILK IT! MILK IT DRY!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

FPS games havent really changed, in any meaningful way, since like... the first one came out :|

How do you define meaningful? Because for the hell of it ive gone back and played older games again to see how nostalgia impacts what i remembered, and its fucking amazing how much FPS games have changed even in just the last 15 years. (2000 was Perfect Dark, Deus Ex, Hitman and a few more. Shit Halo wasnt even until 2002)

Unless youre talking about how clicking a mouse (pulling triggers on controllers) shoots a bullet/spell at someone/something else.... which i guess yeah youre right, not much changed there. But in another few years hopefully we will have Oculus and Leap Motion style things where i can wave my hands in front of me and flames can shoot out, or i can call down the wrath of the heavens on someone, or god knows what.Yeah shooters are stale, but if you're just comparing CoD to CoD each year, or BF to BF each year of course they look like shit.

Compare CoD to Halo (original), or BF4 to GoldenEye, and you see tons of improvement. Or maybe to something crazy like that shooter where time only moved while you moved, or something like Mirrors Edge where shooting wasnt actually the full point of the game. I think people get tunnel vision around CoD, CS, BF, and Halo and miss how MASSIVE the FPS world is.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

especially when made by EA.

Can we. PLEASE. FOR ONCE UNDERSTAND.

JUDGE THE FUCKING PRODUCT, NOT THE GOD DAMN COMPANY.

I swear, if Battlefront was made by someone other than EA, youd be worshiping it.

But no, we all have this god damn mentality to judge a product by its company.

11/10 

EA does not make the games, their studios do. EA markets it.

Get your shit right

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

As part of EA's 10 year licensing deal with Disney, they have expressed their intentions to make many, many star wars games for console, mobile, and PC. 

Their CFO, Blake Jorgensen, is quoted as saying

There are also rumors that there's a Star Wars RPG-Style game currently in development.

Personal opinion: **Caution. High amounts of salt**

Ugh. EA being EA again. First they insult the good name of battlefront by releasing a reskin and tweak of BF4, then they announce intentions to make even more. If you need me, I'll be enjoying space battles and singleplayer campaign on Battlefront II. Y'know, features that were available 10 years ago, and should've be included in Battlefront III. Just sayin'.

Source:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-sequels-coming-ea-teases/1100-6432334/

Yeah! Star Wars video games were better off in the hands of Lucas Arts!

Seriously though, this is way better than it was before the take over. Star Wars games were fucking terrible when Lucas Arts was running the show. We had nothing after Battlefront 2, Kotor 2 and Republic Commando. Literal years without any good Star Wars titles. At least now games are coming out

I swear, if Battlefront was made by someone other than EA, youd be worshiping it.

11/10 

Get your shit right

Plus they have a refund policy. It's not like they're just not letting you get your money back.

Plus they have a refund policy. It's not like they're just not letting you get your money back.

And it even works better than Steam.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I still don't see all the hate for EA.

They get hate no matter what hey do.

From what I could tell BF is a well optimized casual shooter.

Only thing wrong with it is that is has less content than a CoD game.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

11/10 

Get your shit right

And you should also understand that EA usually dictates when a game comes out. A lot of games were not fully finished yet the pressure from EA was too much and they had to be released early and full of bugs on release day... Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and do you remember what happened to Sims 4? It's just tragic. You shouldn't support a company like that man, it's not good for the gaming industry.

I used to love EA, back a couple years back, but today they are nothing but a rip off 90% of the time. I don't blame DICE for battlefield at all.

Also have you heard what EA is doing now, allowing you to pay £4 a month to play a game 6 months early before release... I mean wtf is this sh*t ?

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Why Not Release 16 maps For A DLC When The Game Only Came With 5/S

Wow, aren't you salty.

No, I wouldn't pay $50 for fucking DLC, hell I don't even pay $10 for most of my games

Even worse, you pay $50 for a Season Pass which you don't even know what DLCs it will come with.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I think we have seen enough overly dumbed down Mass Effect 3 style weapon customization, give me lightsaber and billion things I switch from it and we have deal.

I want Mass Effect 1 & Dragon Age: Inquisition type of overwhelming customization, because I like what if?'s

A bit like Need for Speed when it was cool. :)

Bit of an error in your title. I believe you meant, " ...Planning more Battlefield: Star Wars Edition, releases."

Seriously, did anyone doubt this? Let me spell out why.

1. EA
  2. Star Wars
  3. Dice
  4. DLC
  5. $$$

That's it. That's literally all their reasoning right there in five points.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

everyone wants that leaked alpha game, if EA did that what would they introduce when the next star wars game comes out? you are blaming EA but they wanted it to look as good as possible and the gameplay shown in that old leaked alpha footage wouldnt run on the consoles.. so blame them. you complain about reskin well its still the best looking star wars game ive seen the sounds how authentic it all looks to the movies you make it sound like they spent 6 months on this and are just laughing to the bank at the latest they started this games development in 2013 my thoughts are late 2012 is when they got the go ahead approval to make the game, 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

well, they are making shit tons of money from the targeted lowest common denominator. good luck, i'm never buying any game that has a 50$ DLC which has more content than the actual game or SW game that has no Single player whatsoever

PS 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

11/10 

Get your shit right

The new Battlefront game is pretty bad.

It's really shallow and has very little content.

It's a worse Battlefield set in the Star Wars Universe. With no singleplayer campaign.

Then comes the publisher, which makes it even worse.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

http://backpack.tf/id/DanCastellaneta

hopefully this says something

Not to join a argument but how does this prove you can afford something i have no idea the hell this link is but everything is like less than a dollars worth. i clicked it thinking you had a picture of a real backpack with probably a razer blade and expensive shit in it lol im not crazy into gaming though so i might just be a complete noob and have no idea what that was.

On the topic though Season passes and Pre Ordering are DUMB AF and DLC that is done before the game comes out is in the territory of should have probably been included into the game. i have no idea how Season passes keep getting sold for every game Like how many games actually get $40.00 worth of DLC maybe i just don't realize it but that's a lot of DLC content that you could of bought one by one as they came out. is their really that much DLC coming out for games that im unaware of that would equal much more then the $40 that's being charged before the shit you might not like is even announced? 

The new Battlefront game is pretty bad.

It's really shallow and has very little content.

It's a worse Battlefield set in the Star Wars Universe. With no singleplayer campaign.

Then comes the publisher, which makes it even worse.

i only played the Beta didn't seem terrible and actually ran very well compared to most games coming out on PC & Consoles lately but i Agree with it being Multiplayer only i feel if they made some Up a story/ Campaign every star wars fans would come out of the wood works Riping them the F*** Apart for the story not being true to star wars or some BS just as much or if not more then them not making one because i feel like many people probably would of bought this game for multiplayer anyways 

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp  I Havent looked into the DLC aspect of the game but any DLC at $50.00 is terrible how much more could it include thats more then the game if its only mutiplayer ? Maps and stuff?  but see my above thoughts on the no singleplayer  

Not to join a argument but how does this prove you can afford something i have no idea the hell this link is but everything is like less than a dollars worth. i clicked it thinking you had a picture of a real backpack with probably a razer blade and expensive shit in it lol im not crazy into gaming though so i might just be a complete noob and have no idea what that was.

On the topic though Season passes and Pre Ordering are DUMB AF and DLC that is done before the game comes out is in the territory of should have probably been included into the game. i have no idea how Season passes keep getting sold for every game Like how many games actually get $40.00 worth of DLC maybe i just don't realize it but that's a lot of DLC content that you could of bought one by one as they came out. is their really that much DLC coming out for games that im unaware of that would equal much more then the $40 that's being charged before the shit you might not like is even announced? 

I really would've hoped that the .tf part would've told you SOMETHING.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

oh fekk off.. i spent YEARS playing Battlefront 2 and it was nothing but a off the shelf battlefield 2 rip-off with a fancy hero mode and RTS style "conquest" mode....

I'l have 5 of what you're having so i can crush them into a blunt and smoke it.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

EA wants only 1 thing: To ruin Star Wars for us and bleed us dry in the process.

It was painful but I voted no with my wallet. Even more so because I missed the beta, didn't even get a taste of the game.

EA has the rights to Star Wars for another 10 years, over the time they may get carried away and release an actual game by mistake, not just quick cash grabs like this one.

well, they are making shit tons of money from the targeted lowest common denominator. good luck, i'm never buying any game that has a 50$ DLC which has more content than the actual game or SW game that has no Single player whatsoever

PS 

Proud of you, you've come a long way from preordering Ubisoft games.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I think we have seen enough overly dumbed down Mass Effect 3 style weapon customization, give me lightsaber and billion things I switch from it and we have deal.

I want Mass Effect 1 & Dragon Age: Inquisition type of overwhelming customization, because I like what if?'s

A bit like Need for Speed when it was cool. :)

I think one of the things CoD does best is gun customization.

Love it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The Season Pass is similar to Battlefields PREMIUM.

So who cares.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz