DICE's Alan Kertz Insults Console Users

Bloodyvalley

Some will he say he shits, some will say he's telling the truth. 

semantics.jpg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Meh I mean he wasn't really offending anyone by the simple truth that I guess pc is easier to work with or something. He would offend people with some elitist BS

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

How is it unprofessional? He didn't say anything immature, he spoke facts. He even clarified "in the horse power category" which I believe was better than just saying "PC's are better".

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I dont see anything unprofessional, he is speaking honestly from his experience. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Most PC gamers cant play the latest games with more than lowest settings anyways, pretty much everyone of my friends who play on PC are totally happy if they get 30fps somehow on their screens native resolution, only a small amount of people who play games on a weekly basis actually do play it with ultra settings.

Some people would get offended if they were told the sky was blue when they believed it was green. Getting offended at facts is the lowest level you can stoop to in an argument.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Saying PC is the gold standard might be a bit much with all the broken games that have launched on it in recent months but he isn't throwing insults around, just calmly stating his view of the differences between the current gen of consoles.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

yay dev saying the actua things !

instead of some random ass ceo saying whatever guy pays him more tells him to say

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

The Xbone was (and still is) an underpowered mediabox-that-wants-to-be-a-gaming-console. The PS4 is better at doing its core job of being a gaming console, but it's still a console.

Although, this is coming from DICE. Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 also weren't (and in some cases still aren't) exactly streamlined on all platforms.

Ye ole' train

There was a time when the console makers would try to come up with exotic hardware for their consoles. Sometimes quite powerful.

But now PC tech has got so advanced that they know there is no point trying to do anything exotic. Just negotiate with the PC chip makers for a slightly custom chip with a good volume price. They are basically PCs which have been locked down and so cannot be used as PCs. And considering the targeted price points it's no wonder they are weaker than a 'gaming pc'. Having said that they are good for their price points and way better than a non-gaming PC or even half the users on steam.

Could someone copypaste what he said, because school internets

This. anyone? please?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

How is honesty "unprofessional"? You're telling the consumers the truth. Lying to their faces would be unprofessional.

profit>truth in the professional business these days.

kinda like politics, promise a lot knowing you can't make it true because of how the country works.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Saying PC is the gold standard might be a bit much with all the broken games that have launched on it in recent months but he isn't throwing insults around, just calmly stating his view of the differences between the current gen of consoles.

2014 was the worst year for broken stuff. 2015 has been good honestly and most devs have got the message.

There will always be outliers like Ark Survival and Arkham Knight which are loaded with gameworks and deoptimized but they are not the norm.

I think this is a gray area I don't like devs talking like this about current projects it might hurt any chances with a deal with Xbox slightly

I think this is a gray area I don't like devs talking like this about current projects it might hurt any chances with a deal with Xbox slightly

Devs this big and important are needed by the platforms as much as they need the platforms.

Microsoft wants Battlefield and Battlefront games on Xbox, they would hate to miss out while it's on PS4 and PC.

Devs this big and important are needed by the platforms as much as they need the platforms.

Microsoft wants Battlefield and Battlefront games on Xbox, they would hate to miss out while it's on PS4 and PC.

I agree with that but I could easily see Microsoft keeping this in mind before they think of doing a ad campaign or something with Ea or dice

2014 was the worst year for broken stuff. 2015 has been good honestly and most devs have got the message.

There will always be outliers like Ark Survival and Arkham Knight which are loaded with gameworks and deoptimized but they are not the norm.

Agree, but it looks like that 2015 is the worst year for micro transactions. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Unprofessional?

Blimey, what rubbish. His comments are perfectly fair. I'm sure there will be other developers and consumers who will disagree with them, but that doesn't make his comments 'unprofessional'. :|

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Ya I was thinking that as I typed my comment :) still kinda feels like a lot of those games just launched... guess i'm just behind :P

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Saying PC is the gold standard might be a bit much[.]

In hardware, consoles cannot match it. Software functionality is not the fault of the PC platform. It's the fault of software developers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch