Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I meant that mine are 10lb behemoths.

well, 3 of them are.

Ah, okay. My roommate has some big ARs that are easily above 10lb. He uses a 4-16x scope on at least one of them.

A girl who loves to love.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

My roommate has some big ARs that are easily above 10lb. He uses a 4-16x scope on at least one of them.

The rifles, no attachment or ammo, are between 9.6 and 10lbs. 24” heavy barrels.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

The rifles, no attachment or ammo, are between 9.6 and 10lbs. 24” heavy barrels.

Definitely not something I could carry around for too long.

Just now, Aimi said:

Definitely not something I could carry around for too long.

Meh, I’m well acclimated to them, and they’re not the heaviest I’ve done mag dumps with.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 hours ago, knightslugger said:

with as on-edge and high alert as police officers are today, i prefer to calm them any way i can during contact.

Amen. This is twofold, one is putting the cops at ease and two, the crooks won't tell them they are carrying.

When's Lunch?

2 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Oh, I've never had an issue myself either, although I've only had one time since getting my CCW that I had to interact with a cop in an official capacity.  I'm thinking more of the blue states (such as Kommiefornia), where the law abiding gun owners are practically treated as criminals already.  I was expressing more of a sentiment against the principle, than I was an actual issue.

Oh, then yeah, I can agree there.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I thought my AR was heavy settling somewhere between 7 and 8 pounds, yikes!

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

If anyone is interested, Palmetto State Armory has Trijicon MROs on a Daily Deal today for $349 with free shipping. 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/trijicon-mro-1x25mm-2-0-moa-adjustable-red-dot-optic-mro-c-2200003.html

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Managed to find an H&K P2000sk 9mm sitting in a shop's used case today, and it was listed for pennies. Had to snap it up on the spot, still sorta in shock I found one that wasn't in .40s&w or .357sig!

1 minute ago, Slumberjack said:

Managed to find an H&K P2000sk 9mm sitting in a shop's used case today, and it was listed for pennies. Had to snap it up on the spot, still sorta in shock I found one that wasn't in .40s&w or .357sig!

Mind posting it? Would love to see it.

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

@Slumberjack What's the mag size on that?  I have a P2000 (non-SK), and I'm curious what the differences are.  It looks like that model is a bit shorter than mine, which holds 13+1 (or 28+1 with the extension ?).

Default capacity is 10, which is perfect since I live in NY state, but if I was elsewhere it will take and operate off of p2000/USPc 13 rounders, just gotta slap on a finger spacer

Since I got this Heritage 22 revolver I was really hooked. Lot more fun to shoot than my Beretta PX4 9mm. I bought several brands and types of 22lr and 22mag ammo. There was some brands/types I didn't find locally so I have a watched list created at Buds Gun Shop. They'll go in the cart next month.

Those I've shot was a revelation. Some are all over the target and some are almost a tack driver so I'm making a list of what's hot and what's not.

Those I've shot:

CCI Maxi-Mag 22 WMR 40 grain TMJ (not)

Hornady V-Max 22 WMR 30 grain poly tip (hot)

CCI Stinger 22 LR 32 grain HP (one was under powered that I had to check for squib so not)

Winchester Super X 22 LR 40 grain RNCP (hot)

Federal 22 LR 40 grain LRN (hot)

Next month: (to be ordered from Buds) (amended list as some are for members)

Hornady 22 WMR 45 grain Critical Defense FTX

Winchester 22 LR 36 grain CPHP

CCI 22 LR 40 grain Velocitor CPHP

CCI SPS Mini-Mag  22 LR 36 grain HP

Can't wait. ?

When's Lunch?

1 hour ago, Boarder said:

Since I got this Heritage 22 revolver I was really hooked. Lot more fun to shoot than my Beretta PX4 9mm. I bought several brands and types of 22lr and 22mag ammo. There was some brands/types I didn't find locally so I have a watched list created at Buds Gun Shop. They'll go in the cart next month.

Those I've shot was a revelation. Some are all over the target and some are almost a tack driver so I'm making a list of what's hot and what's not.

Those I've shot:

CCI Maxi-Mag 22 WMR 40 grain TMJ (not)

Hornady V-Max 22 WMR 30 grain poly tip (hot)

CCI Stinger 22 LR 32 grain HP (one was under powered that I had to check for squib so not)

Winchester Super X 22 LR 40 grain RNCP (hot)

Federal 22 LR 40 grain LRN (hot)

Next month: (to be ordered from Buds)

Hornady 22 WMR 45 grain Critical Defense FTX

Federal 22 LR 38 grain Power Shok CPHP

Remington 22 LR 33 grain hi-vel Yellow Jacket HP

Winchester 22 LR 40 grain hi-vel HP

Can't wait. ?

I used those Hornady VMax in my .22 Magnum rifle, put a nice Spike on the ground with it last deer season. 

I got a buddy who's selling his Defiance barreled action in 6.5x47L with a few extra barrels for a song and a dance, and I AM looking for a F-class ready action... But the only thing i don't like about it is how tight the raceway is. push straight down the centerline, it's as smooth as silk,,, but put a little pressure on the top of the bolt, and it wont move for no one, not even Thor. Thing is accurate, and frankly the barrels are heavy as hell, but it's not chambered in a round I would compete with at 45 and a half chains for bullseyes.

I have far too many expensive hobbies.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

On 3/22/2019 at 11:28 PM, Jito463 said:

My condolences. ;) 

Some of us have to fight it from the inside!

Also my NYS unrestricted CCL is one of the hardest official documents to get in the whole country, and unlocks a weird number of doors. PA will issue me a non-resident permit no questions asked just for having the NY permit provided I'm in the right county.

7 hours ago, Slumberjack said:

Also my NYS unrestricted CCL is one of the hardest official documents to get in the whole country

I don't doubt it.  John Stossel reported that he tried to get a license to carry in NYC, and was rejected 2 or 3 times.  It's not like he's an unknown figure, either.

2 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I don't doubt it.  John Stossel reported that he tried to get a license to carry in NYC, and was rejected 2 or 3 times.  It's not like he's an unknown figure, either.

A NYS CCL and a NYC CCL are two different things haha. The NYS is tough but everyone has a shot if they jump through the hoops.

NYC requires connections and bribe money.

4 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

A NYS CCL and a NYC CCL are two different things haha. The NYS is tough but everyone has a shot if they jump through the hoops.

Ah, true.  I was thinking in terms of our CCL here in Nebraska, which has statewide preemption.  It makes sense that NYC is big enough to have their own set of rules in the state.

5 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

Of that I have no doubt.

This is probably a really niche request, but are there any long barreled revolvers that have the gas tube located above the barrel?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

but are there any long barreled revolvers that have the gas tube located above the barrel?

No. There are none with a gas tube located below the barrel either.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

@Crunchy Dragon Assuming you mean a low bore axis revolver, Chiappa RHINO revolvers can go up to 6" barrels.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Slumberjack said:

Sounds terrible. In my CA county, we are essentially Shall Issue, and although issued by SDs or PDs, CA CCWs are state-wide. I could carry in San Francisco or Los Angeles, which are pretty much no-issue areas, and it is fine. That said, my county's and the state's restrictions in general made it impractical. They are pretty much useless elsewhere, because CA has no reciprocity with anyone, so other states don't recognize ours.

I gave it up after 6 years of only being able to legally carry in about 10% of the places I actually went to.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No. There are none with a gas tube located below the barrel either.

Bear with me lol I don't know too much about the mechanics of revolvers yet. 

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!