Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
Just now, knightslugger said:

Not everyone can afford a $60,000 vehicle just so they can remain obscured while performing a legally required action and not become public enemy #1.

$25,000. Diesel '07. Go to one that's 10 years older, and a solid Ford can be had for less than half that.

Plus all the other benefits of trucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Not to mention that every time you're forced to remove and then holster it again, it creates one more possibility of an accidental discharge.

damn right! In my opinion, any time your hand is on the weapon, the chances of an AD increase dramatically.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, Drak3 said:

$25,000. Diesel '07. Go to one that's 10 years older, and a solid Ford can be had for less than half that.

Plus all the other benefits of trucks.

well, minus urban parking limits of large vehicles. Having a big truck is nice and all, but just to stay incognito for a legally required action shouldn't really be one of the reasons.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

43 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

The whole thing seems pretty fucking bullshit to me.

You can say that again sir. I keep a lock box in my trunk for double locking security. I disarm myself standing there for all to see but I always have my trusty cane everywhere I go (except for police facilities like the courthouse). It's a self defense cane and look like an ordinary cane. Inside it is a 25" cold steel sword.

?

Since I got this Heritage 22 pistol it was a blast. I can't wait to go to the range next month.

Ah, here's my cane right out of the box.

When's Lunch?

Anyone else interested in New Zealand's fall to tyranny?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Anyone else interested in New Zealand's fall to tyranny?

My only interest is trying to figure out how people can be so willfully ignorant or completely moronic?!?

Stolen from FB:

FB-IMG-1552933258205.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

8 minutes ago, george357 said:

My only interest is trying to figure out how people can be so willfully ignorant or completely moronic?!?

The countries that tend to do this tend to be set up from the beginning to facilitate ignorant masses.

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Stolen from FB:

FB-IMG-1552933258205.jpg

Normal citizens there are happily giving up their semi automatics.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Normal citizens there are happily giving up their semi automatics.

That's their prerogative. The one we should be pissed and concerned about isn't the proposed gun control, but the fact that they're sending people to jail for sharing the video of the shooting. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Honest hard working folks obey the laws regarding guns. Crooks don't so don't make stupid laws.

When's Lunch?

1 minute ago, Boarder said:

Honest hard working folks obey the laws regarding guns. Crooks don't so don't make stupid laws.

Um... I don't think you're going to find anyone here to disagree with you on that...

3 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Um... I don't think you're going to find anyone here to disagree with you on that...

As an ex-cop, I can confirm that.  95% of the crooks we caught were the stupid ones. The smart one rarely used weapons and were rarely caught.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

51 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

i'd take it one giant leap further, to be honest. I have a real big problem with laws that diminish the natural rights of man.

System specs:

11 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

i'd take it one giant leap further, to be honest. I have a real big problem with laws that diminish the natural rights of man.

I'm right there with you.

1 hour ago, Boarder said:

Yep, all gun laws defy reality.  There has never been a single law passed which has stopped a criminal, while there have been plenty of laws passed which served to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

For example, there's a law here in Nebraska which states a conceal carry holder must inform the police - if engaged by them - that they are currently carrying.  There is no logical justification for this law.  Criminals aren't likely to inform the police they're carrying, and law abiding citizens aren't likely to pull their gun and shoot the cop.  The only purpose it serves is to add an additional burden onto the law abiding citizen, while providing an additional means of entrapment for said citizen (if your local police aren't interested in doing their duty to uphold the Constitution).

I'm not necessarily opposed to informing them if I'm carrying, but the vast majority of the time there's literally no reason to bring it up.  This law only serves to punish the average citizen, not the criminals.  I'd argue that 99% (or more) of the gun laws only serve to punish the law abiding.  One could even make the case that it's by design.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I'm not necessarily opposed to informing them if I'm carrying, but the vast majority of the time there's literally no reason to bring it up

with as on-edge and high alert as police officers are today, i prefer to calm them any way i can during contact.

System specs:

10 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

with as on-edge and high alert as police officers are today, i prefer to calm them any way i can during contact.

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Yep, all gun laws defy reality.  There has never been a single law passed which has stopped a criminal, while there have been plenty of laws passed which served to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

For example, there's a law here in Nebraska which states a conceal carry holder must inform the police - if engaged by them - that they are currently carrying.  There is no logical justification for this law.  Criminals aren't likely to inform the police they're carrying, and law abiding citizens aren't likely to pull their gun and shoot the cop.  The only purpose it serves is to add an additional burden onto the law abiding citizen, while providing an additional means of entrapment for said citizen (if your local police aren't interested in doing their duty to uphold the Constitution).

I'm not necessarily opposed to informing them if I'm carrying, but the vast majority of the time there's literally no reason to bring it up.  This law only serves to punish the average citizen, not the criminals.  I'd argue that 99% (or more) of the gun laws only serve to punish the law abiding.  One could even make the case that it's by design.

In ND, with the constitutional concealed carry, I gotta notify an officer if engaged by then also.  Doesn’t bug me, the officers in the small town know me though, so there’s never an issue.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

In ND, with the constitutional concealed carry, I gotta notify an officer if engaged by then also.  Doesn’t bug me, the officers in the small town know me though, so there’s never an issue.

Oh, I've never had an issue myself either, although I've only had one time since getting my CCW that I had to interact with a cop in an official capacity.  I'm thinking more of the blue states (such as Kommiefornia), where the law abiding gun owners are practically treated as criminals already.  I was expressing more of a sentiment against the principle, than I was an actual issue.

Don't think my state has any issues with concealed carry, pretty lax about it and I don't recall any need to disclose it to an officer. Though if I get asked out of a car for whatever reason, I'll probably disclose it.

A girl who loves to love.

Not an issue for me yet cuz I don't carry yet.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, Aimi said:

my AR-15

What kind you got?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What kind you got?

Windham Weaponry WW-CF. The receiver is made with a carbon fiber composite.

First time firing was a bit rough since I hadn't been to a range since I was young, and I was using .22 LR then.

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Windham Weaponry WW-CF. The receiver is made with a carbon fiber composite.

First time firing was a bit rough since I hadn't been to a range since I was young, and I was using .22 LR then.

It’s the antithesis to my ARs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

It’s the antithesis to my ARs.

Don't get me wrong, I love using it. It was just a bit rough when I first got back to shooting, plus I'm not really physically fit.

Just now, Aimi said:

Don't get me wrong, I love using it. It was just a bit rough when I first got back to shooting, plus I'm not really physically fit.

I meant that mine are 10lb behemoths.

well, 3 of them are.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.